• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamus

Shamus

Pretty plant @Shamus, nice work
Thank you
And also, just so we make it clear that was not produced In a wear house but in a personal grow where immaculate care and attention to detail take place.

So I guess it was unfair to compare.

However I'm positive with the technique I use it could be replicated 100x over... The only difference would be atmospheric controls and amount of labor

ubi

ubi

shiz got reallll..........lol ;)

so no out-of-state money?... i thought in oct it opened to outside money... with rec

true grit

true grit

shiz got reallll..........lol ;)

so no out-of-state money?... i thought in oct it opened to outside money... with rec

lady at adams county planning board was all pissy about how many applications to process.... about a thousand for the rec. shop permit.... half that for rec grow.

but hey its a lottery

Still not allowing outside investment for ownership. And that's it? 500-1000 for each side? Pretty good odds if that's the case

ubi

ubi

yea i ll keep my fingers crossed.
i can have money loaned to me from outside states right. but no profit sharing....... maybe aan adj. interest rate depending on profits. maybe that will lure the kizzel.

true grit

true grit

yea i ll keep my fingers crossed.
i can have money loaned to me from outside states right. but no profit sharing....... maybe aan adj. interest rate depending on profits. maybe that will lure the kizzel.

Best bet is to sit down with an attny and figure out the logistics. You can be owner and have private loans but the way the loans work out can be tricky. And most the people on loan side can get will be interest on loan.

true grit

true grit

No problem, we've talked to a few attnys and theres ways to work through the tape but best bet is really dropping the loot with one and seeing what your options are...and explained properly via attny instead of my ass. lol.

A

A-Roe

Understandable if you have the money but how do you plan to invest that as a non resident? Like TK said most you would be able to do is give a resident a loan and make interest off the loan and get paid normal salary by the person you loaned too. With the current tax situation that won't leave much if any profit. They will 100% check into where the money is coming from and if its from anywhere other than CO it won't be allowable as investors. Im sure you talked to attnys like you mentioned and they have suggestions to get around that but hopefully they explained its not as easy as giving someone quasi legal income and expect profit sharing. hopefully also they suggested the same thing ive heard from attnys- the flower market prices are dropping as more licenses are coming active. Not in the direction some were hoping who were waiting to get into the top shelf game.

Your top shelf lbs as TK said will still only go for $2k if the cap right now is about $250 for top shelf oz's. Not bad if you make enough volume at low enough cost.

Trust me, many of the "top shelf" producers have been looking and waiting for this option to corner a connoisseur market but its simply not here yet. And it is due to the overwhelming amount of mediocre quality and the continuing amount of licenses becoming active in this latest wave. In time im sure it will develop but at this point you cant bank on wholesale flowers, you really need to be looking at secondary product with larger market value. Flowers aren't boss here in the rec game, they move yes but not the profitability as other products.

Im banking on the same thing you are but lets be honest, the profitability vs. cost right now isn't where it needs to be at.
2k a L is gravy as hell in my book as long as you know how to grow great not good, pulling no less than 2 per light with low yielding flame. Do that times 100-200 lights minimum and your pulling like 200-400k monthly( before bills and taxes), I would love to be in the position to make that happen.

true grit

true grit

2k a L is gravy as hell in my book as long as you know how to grow great not good, pulling no less than 2 per light with low yielding flame. Do that times 100-200 lights minimum and your pulling like 200-400k monthly( before bills and taxes), I would love to be in the position to make that happen.

Sounds nice until more than half goes to taxes, then you have expenses and employees to pay. Im not saying making any profit growing weed period is bad, I'm just saying its not the windfall folks think it is off just flowers.

A

A-Roe

But wh
Sounds nice until more than half goes to taxes, then you have expenses and employees to pay. Im not saying making any profit growing weed period is bad, I'm just saying its not the windfall folks think it is off just flowers.
But when you look at the volume that you can legally produce, if you spend 2 mil on paperwork and start-up you are gone to make that back your first year as long as you great and not good. The more you have to spend the more you make has always been my motto. Everybody aint gotta mil to spend that's why the big boys dont care about what anyone says about their shit, I know I wouldn't first thing out of my mouth would be " get on my level, then we can talk". And for everybody else up there killing it just not as large scale as others, you guys are doing what anybody else would do discourage the hell out of muthafucker that want to come set up shop in your trap, I feel you guys 100%, I mean like who wants to establish a trap area get it booming good then a key nigga want to move in, oh hell nall.

muir

muir

Well, there are numerous grows of 1,000,000 plus watt grows. I would hate to build my business model with out a retail spot. There is one location I know of with (1000) 1000watt lights hanging that is resorting to hustling wholesale on FB for 2000/# and that includes the excise tax. Everyone wants to hit million dollar homers first time to bat. reality is a bitch.

A

A-Roe

But @muir, first of all how much is the tax, second of all someone pulling 500 lights a month at a said minimum of 2 L's a light comes up to like 1000 pounds a month and still trying to get 2k is crazy and dumb ass should get stuck with weight like that, bro at 800 a L that's $800,000 a month. To me if I did $800k a month I could give a fuck if I had $600k in bills and taxes, some people are just dumb as fuck with a lot of money and try to be greedy. Dumb and greedy are two things that dont match.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I wouldn't necessarily say dumb as fuck only because I can quote Einstein admitting that the "income tax" is more complicated then the universe ........that's just income tax now let someone come in here and
Bump there gums about how much more they know about taxes then me please teach me something new and i not bragging ...I'm plateauing.
My wife and I have been studying marijuana tax law for 4 yrs now......
Would you be surprised if some owners paid up to 70% taxes when it's all said and done?
@Texas Kid what's going on? good morning? Do you know much about the tax side of the industry?
Danks for everything fellas, thread has potential

muir

muir

and that's why I will put my shit for sale ( come on big fish and dreamers) as soon as I get open. I have had this lease waiting for this since I closed my medical shop.

but if it doesn't sell I have a nice modest life selling homegrown quality cheap and it'll still be better than a job or the BM.

A

A-Roe

What all yo guys are forgetting is who the fuck cares about taxes when They do 800k a month, like I said if I can bring home after its all said and done 200k a month, do you actually think I would give a fuck about paying an income tax, come on guys you seem smarter than what you are putting on, go sit down grab a calculator and see whats the lowest $ amount you can sell L's for, growing 1000 L's a month and still make a mil a year after taxes and income taxes, i feel like it would be down to like a min. of bout $4-500 a L. The main thing is you gotta have the money to start up. @Sailfishdan, man do your thang, wish I had the money to get started on that scale, bitches would be ready to kill me or run me out of town with my business model, oh and theres no such thing as a monopoly in the weed game just keep that in mind when you crunch your #'s homie and offer a resident 1/4 of the net pay, going through a lawyer of course, bet everybody'll switch up want to jump on board and you'll still come out on top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom