Any Co Residents Open To Teaming Up?

• Thread starter Sailfishdan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

There. Sums it up. I think what ruffled feathers was the crackin on CO herb. There is a shit ton of it out here, and most of it is beaster quality; pretendica, uncured/overdried, and overfertilized/underflushed.
That said, there are many growers doing it right, and a few shops do have some great genetics. Most of them, however, have not figured out how to mass produce quality. There's usually a weak link somewhere in the chain, and top shelf genetics become A- or B quality.
Walt, the folks with passion seem to have very little capital, haha! I know I have been charging folks karma instead of cash, or I could be a few steps further, financially.
No matter who grows what, there will be a small niche for the little guy who can produce super dank. Moonshiners are still making money, with all the liquor companies out there and the myriad of flavored vodka...

Very true, brother. But this model is the reality. Mass producers of all produce use huge amount of chemical herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, and now GMOs. It's the same with weed. IMO, mass produced weed cannot have the quality the small batch producers grow. I guess quality is a subjective thing. Some of us judge quality on looks and how high one gets. And some of us judge it based on how the product is grown....... organic vs lots of chemicals, for example.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
TK is a straight shooter and speaks truth

Sometimes reality is not always pleasant.

But better to know sooner than later. Anything is possible and preparation is key. Knowing the truth is huge.

Lots of money and lots of prep work must be done BEFORE taking the plunge.

I like Cali's laws.... especially where anyone can pitch their weed through the backdoors of the potshops. If I wanted to play....that's where I'd be...for sure.
I honestly think you need to rethink that stance. Our laws are a mess, with many cities and counties outlawing cultivation and distribution altogether via various codes and ordinances (some civil, as in building or land use codes, some criminal). Dispensaries are going by the wayside with 'delivery services' popping up in their place, and the legal status of the delivery services is dubious at best, as was the legality of dispensaries and co-ops in the first place.

In other words, the grass is not necessarily greener.

souf69

souf69

Do what you love!
Tex has it right. Passion is what holds most of us growers together. Corporate Business / business ,on other hand is a very dirty wurd.

Power of attorney over everything you pretty much own is really fuqt...

Last edited:
Y

YourWeedSux

why haven't any of these guys gone legit???

vertical integration can work..... it just has to be gold from the source and there isn't many problems....

when idiots that don't know how to grow (or even know weed for that matter)own the place there's where the problems start.... there are a couple models outside of CO that will show you a vertically integrated company ran buy growers will do very well... check out FireBros in Wa.
Okay, you had me until FireBros. Now I have to flip you the bozo bit. If you feel FireBros is an example of connoisseur grade, then you and I have vastly different definitions of connoisseur grade. Firebros gear is stressed out, hermied, garbage that has been manhandled and shaved. I am a WA resident, work with many of the same people as them and I am extremely familiar with their work. Dude, they suck, and you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. The only thing top shelf about Firebros is their marketing. They are instagram and packaging wizards, just like Solstice. But the product? Meh! You lost all credibility on this issue. This dude is clearly all talk.

Last edited:
muir

muir

Do what you love!
Tex has it right. Passion is what holds most of us growers together. Corporate Business / business ,on other hand is a very dirty wurd.

Power of attorney over everything you pretty much own is really fuqt...

what do you mean , "power of attorney over everything you own"?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The other thing that is a real tricky deal is to get the top quality A+++ gear you produce in the grow to the actual stores and have it maintain that same quality presentation. By the time the trimmers get done and you package into 1lb packages and then the testing facilities come in and rifle the bags for their required samples and then it goes into the big safe for storage and then someone comes in and molest it to break it into qp's or hp's for transfer to the stores and then once it hits the stores every budtender in there wants to finger fuck and smell everything in sight and then every customer that walks thru the door wants to do the same..the bag appeal just goes down at every juncture. I swear sometimes I go into the stores and can't even recognize my own product and I know my stuff intimately inside and out. Compared to a home grow where you beautifully manicure your pride and joy and then the next and only person that even sees it is the final customer or it is jarred up for your own personal head stash, it is miles apart from what happens commercially. I can grow super calendar pic quality buds in the warehouse and I swear by the time it gets to the store I wouldn't recognize it much less buy it as connoisseur grade product. Same pics that are on my IG account are what goes to the stores but you would never believe it.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

The other thing that is a real tricky deal is to get the top quality A+++ gear you produce in the grow to the actual stores and have it maintain that same quality presentation. By the time the trimmers get done and you package into 1lb packages and then the testing facilities come in and rifle the bags for their required samples and then it goes into the big safe for storage and then someone comes in and molest it to break it into qp's or hp's for transfer to the stores and then once it hits the stores every budtender in there wants to finger fuck and smell everything in sight and then every customer that walks thru the door wants to do the same..the bag appeal just goes down at every juncture. I swear sometimes I go into the stores and can't even recognize my own product and I know my stuff intimately inside and out. Compared to a home grow where you beautifully manicure your pride and joy and then the next and only person that even sees it is the final customer or it is jarred up for your own personal head stash, it is miles apart from what happens commercially. I can grow super calendar pic quality buds in the warehouse and I swear by the time it gets to the store I wouldn't recognize it much less buy it as connoisseur grade product. Same pics that are on my IG account are what goes to the stores but you would never believe it.
Sounds familiar. Like the excuse we get from commercial food crops. Why follow the justifications of a failing industry?

souf69

souf69

what do you mean , "power of attorney over everything you own"?
The application I had to fill out for the state in 2010 had a power of attorney for the state of Colo signed by owners of the centers. Over bank accounts, trusts, properties, etc.

muir

muir

I did the app back then and just did it again. I don't read it that way. The way you state it you would think they could take my money out of my account and sell my home. That's not the function of the "Applicant's Request to Release Information" form or the "Investigation Authorization, Authorization to Release Information" form that I signed.

I don't know what you signed but I gave no power of attorney to anyone in my application. I gave permission to release information.

it sounds like you've been listening to Kathleen Chippi too much.

souf69

souf69

I did the app back then and just did it again. I don't read it that way. The way you state it you would think they could take my money out of my account and sell my home. That's not the function of the "Applicant's Request to Release Information" form or the "Investigation Authorization, Authorization to Release Information" form that I signed.

I don't know what you signed but I gave no power of attorney to anyone in my application. I gave permission to release information.

it sounds like you've been listening to Kathleen Chippi too much.
I know what I saw, and I don't even know who this chick is. It was years ago Muir, and may have changed.

turbo14

turbo14

update for anyone thinking of partnering up or selling out cheap. The offers are starting to come in over here. They are 7 figures.

In Ned? LOL .You talkin about the same places that were 100-300k last year?? Why these people think that a business producing a half a million per year (mostly not) is worth 10 million bucks? I use to work in the biz, ran close to 500 lights in Denver for one of the big boys, just the grower ,never owned.. didn't want any part of it.

The greed drove me away, seeing these numbers sure as shit doesn't make me wanna get back in it.

Not to mention that the quality has been going downhill for sometime now. TK you stated that most shops have beat up flowers, in some instances you said that you couldn't even recognize your own product that you grew. That would be heart breaking to me, I have too much pride in my work to have some fuckin rookie molesting my buds before they went to market.

If numbers keep rising like this for small shops, the big boys are surely coming.. No one wants WalMart sellin weed over here.

These businesses need to bring it on back to the basics and let the farmers run the show.

turbo

turbo

muir

muir

I'm getting offers but I'm not selling. It is tempting when I am getting quotes of up to 2 mill for a freshly licensed scenario. I have been getting cold calls (knocks on my door) soliciting me to sell. Canary's Song sold for 1.7 before it sold a single recreational nugget. There is big money sharking' for every scenario.

I'm staying in cause the only other thing i'd do is the marine ornamentals industry and that's never going to pay what pot does or will.

the state is chock full of stupid money to be sure.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Lol, let the hustlers run it, potheads like me learned supply demand and quality through mexi stress purchases in the 90'$ whIle those in the know were ass raping souls at 500+ ounce for high grade OG lol this industry is in its infancy and is still evolving their quality control 30 years+ later

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm getting offers but I'm not selling. It is tempting when I am getting quotes of up to 2 mill for a freshly licensed scenario. I have been getting cold calls (knocks on my door) soliciting me to sell. Canary's Song sold for 1.7 before it sold a single recreational nugget. There is big money sharking' for every scenario.

I'm staying in cause the only other thing i'd do is the marine ornamentals industry and that's never going to pay what pot does or will.

the state is chock full of stupid money to be sure.
But! If you do, give me a call anyway. Just fer fun. :D

muir

muir

I am going to be doing that anyways Seamaiden. I can't help it. I have my eye on a spot on Pearl St for the showroom and will pick up a small warehouse space for livestock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom