0E808828 0CFC 4D72 9AE2 0B73DE677D2E

beluga

beluga

Week 4 Fleur
DSC 1882

DSC 1883
DSC 1884

The lean is really bothering me.
They look great from the front view, but maybe some of those side angels depict it better.
Or maybe this
DSC 1889

I'll fix that once I'm more assured the pollen has cleared/been taken into ovaries.
Lotta management... but even the lower budsites that are seemingly shaded are producing pretty well at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of pollen and ovaries...
DSC 1886
DSC 1886 1

Tried to center that crop as well as I could to show the one pistil that is absolutely taking in some baby juice.
Hooray!

DSC 1888

DSC 1887

Their skunk came through a little stronger today.
I started a small dose epsom salt feed yesterday... got me wondering if there was an effect that took place that soon.
Everything else in hydro is near-immediate effect...
Does epsom do that?
My main motivation for the epsom salt addition was to up the magnesium because I'd read in a few consumer articles that high doses of it can bring out anthocyanins.
If my theory about the plant is correct, I'd be led to believe that there's some purple genome knocking about in there... maybe I can coax it out.
Otherwise I've heard epsom to be beneficial anyway, so... nuts to that.

Been neglecting pop. He's just sitting in front of a french door now...
I'll have to collect the rest of what he's got and see about that 1-year storage window.
Cloning him is non-essential.

Mmmhm.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use epsom for the sulphur which absolutely helps with terpene formation, and the magnesium is essential for getting good heat retention in the cherry of a burning joint. Not enough mg leads to pot that doesnt stay lit, even if its clean of excess nutrients.
Its one of the few salts ill still be supplementing with in flower for this grow.

beluga

beluga

I use epsom for the sulphur which absolutely helps with terpene formation, and the magnesium is essential for getting good heat retention in the cherry of a burning joint. Not enough mg leads to pot that doesnt stay lit, even if its clean of excess nutrients.
Its one of the few salts ill still be supplementing with in flower for this grow.
Nice...
Yeah, it seems like one of the more actually-useful and non-superfluous additions... and nontoxic... so, I'll be going with it henceforth. First time using it... doing about 1/2-1tsp/gallon... that good?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice...
Yeah, it seems like one of the more actually-useful and non-superfluous additions... and nontoxic... so, I'll be going with it henceforth. First time using it... doing about 1/2-1tsp/gallon... that good?

Thats quite a bit in my opinion, but it seems to be hard to overdo it. I use 1/4tsp/gallon in weeks 2-7 of flower. My nutrients always have mag in them too, I just want more, and the extra sulphur source. I also use Ca silicate and Ca carbonate too, so i kind of need epsom to balance the Ca-Mg ratio.

amekins

amekins

Thats quite a bit in my opinion, but it seems to be hard to overdo it. I use 1/4tsp/gallon in weeks 2-7 of flower. My nutrients always have mag in them too, I just want more, and the extra sulphur source. I also use Ca silicate and Ca carbonate too, so i kind of need epsom to balance the Ca-Mg ratio.
My nutrients do not have calcium or magnesium, but my water (tap left to stand) is 155 ppm so I assume I have sufficient calcium to balance the magnesium. This is the first time I’ve added it.

beluga

beluga

Yeah.. I think CNS17 has all the micros. It must, cause I've never had a calmag problem and I've used it through many water sources.

Think I'll see how the 1/2tsp epsom goes...
I've also heard it's hard to overdo and, at least for right now, I'm adding to a previously unamended reservoir.
I think those articles I referenced suggest 1tsp to promote anthocyanin production... so, we'll see. Might experiment with some plants down the line that aren't all in the same res.

beluga

beluga

Day 29 Fleur
DSC 1901
DSC 1902

Maybe this lean isn't bothering me so much.
DSC 1912

Maybe it is.
It's only gonna get worse.
I made some micro-adjustments.
Heard a nice "CCRZZCT!"... nothing major from what I've noticed, but I may have to make a mend somewhere.
They're getting heavy, that's for sure.
I cut their small addition of high nitrogen feed probably last week?
They seem to be quite fine without.

DSC 1906
DSC 1910

Stacking // fertilizing.

DSC 1903

Skunky grapes? With a hint of lemon pepper?
This plant has some neat fucking smells.
I'm not used to them changing so much.
I'm damn excited for the result.

Let mom get a little bombastic.
DSC 1900

So I got her this!
DSC 1898

I think she'll like it.

She won't like this!
DSC 1916

But I think she'll get over it.

Thinking about lights again...
It'll help eliminate the need for such rigorous canopy maintenance.
Christmas/Birthday is right around the corner...
Might try 240 watts of some Samsung Q-Series...

beluga

beluga

Day 30 Fleur
DSC 1917
DSC 1918

Taken prior to some management that I think got them pretty nicely organized.
Why didn't I take an after picture? Because I was stuck to myself by that time.

Let's get relative! Relative! I wanna get...🤦‍♂️
DSC 1929

@Anthem

DSC 1930
DSC 1932

First pigmented pistil I'm seeing.
Pretty.
Wish it were red or purple, but that's okay.

DSC 1926

All Lemony PineSkunk today... bursts of AppleGrape here and there.
Having to adjust the branches to even out the canopy, I'm guessing there was a lot of volatility going on...
Guessing that might give me a little insight into the depth of the bouquet when processing/igniting it.

Time for another ISO bath....

beluga

beluga

Combining my love of a smooth, chill beat
David Lynch
and, of course....

Damn fine coffee.

Morning, folks.

Well, I did something at 1AM...
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8-38-11-AM.png

And realized - after some damn fine coffee and typing this out a bit - I should probably get two more...
Thanks, diary.

I know I said I'd test Samsungs... but I guess I'm a brand loyalty guy... plus...
I had already mistakenly bought one of these...
H674bdeff4e5a4a8c92b49d96aabd1a25d.jpg_q50.jpg

And the specs just fell in line. So did some Samsung ones... I don't know what to say... I'm not going to try to justify myself.
Ideally, I'd like to run many more 2' strips softer.. but the configuration that I would have to use, paired with the need for some oddball series/parallel wiring to make it work just wasn't worth it to me.
So, that's where I landed.
I was just speaking about not getting the latest, greatest.... but, for what will be about $280 all said and done for a new-tech 240W lamp.. I can get behind that. Comparatively, the old gen Samsung stuff would have cost me pretty much the exact amount.

Check out that 4K spectrum....
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8-33-04-AM.png

That 5K, too, looks great. It's impressive to see those higher CCTs hit the reds with these new Thrive series. Almost makes me wonder what you're getting out of the 2700 - 3500K other than a slightly more consistent CRI rating...
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-9-54-24-AM.png

I'm rather dubious about the luminosity and what the PPF/D will look like in application....
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-10-27-44-AM.png

As far as I'm understanding, it's not really a great way to measure how plants use light anyway... so I guess I'll just chalk it up to my own results. That stuff's a little lost on me, but people with more seasoned LED/electrical tenure have insisted their excitement for this series... guess I'll see what that's all about.

Only thing left to plan is my fixture.
I'm gonna go with T-nutz extrusions again. I ended up loving them, despite my oversight with the imperfect hardware.
I'll try 3/8" screws this time. Or get some washers.

I'm a little worried about this configuration feeling flimsy... as flimsy as extruded aluminum can feel...
thristri.jpg

So, I might go with this...
thristri2.jpg

TBD.

Happy coffee hour!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom