Best products to eliminate Russet Mites??

• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

btw what part of the country you live? I just saw what looked like thrips damage too I live in the northeast noone I know has ever dealt with any type of mites. I hope I'm right that its just thrips you got me nervous now I just ordered a dino-lite to make sure šŸ˜§

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

5 x 28 canopy? Jesus. I dont blame you that's alot cheeba to slash and burn. arbico opens at 9 I think western time I would call them soon as they open they will overnight whatever you need

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

trying to picture that. 5 feet wide and 28 feet long? are you growing in an underground tunnel?

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Lol!! 24' on each side of the room. I've got one side full and just 4' on the other side. The room is 32'x14'. I wish I had an underground tunnel.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

btw what part of the country you live? I just saw what looked like thrips damage too I live in the northeast noone I know has ever dealt with any type of mites. I hope I'm right that its just thrips you got me nervous now I just ordered a dino-lite to make sure šŸ˜§
Oh boy, I'm in the north east too! New England

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Hell yeah I'm going to grow em! They are gorillas (as in tough as shit) Rock solid right now. Only thing suffering is the popcorn I'm going to cut off. It's a jungle in there. I had some last run too not realizing they were russet mites. 5'x28' canopy 4 weeks into flower. My best outcome will be get them under control then eradicate before I reset. Be ready w the bennies or some very pro active prevention strategy for the devil's. I look at more shit under the microscope in the past two weeks than the past 10 years lol! So I've a good idea where the front line isšŸ‘
If you get these ā€œunder controlā€ in flower I need to know what you did. If you notice then early in flower itā€™s likely to be a wash. If you notice one plant here or there in mid to late then yeah you can get a harvest. But your next run is doomed unless you go with the real shit.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

If you get these ā€œunder controlā€ in flower I need to know what you did. If you notice then early in flower itā€™s likely to be a wash. If you notice one plant here or there in mid to late then yeah you can get a harvest. But your next run is doomed unless you go with the real shit.
Yes I keep a selection of scorched Earth products just to bail my ass out in case it gets that bad. I almost never need to put down the heavy poisons if I do usually one application of something like forbid etc. Very targeted puts me in a position where good cultural controls and a less toxic IPM strategy keeps everything in check. I didn't know what I was looking at with these things so they slipped right by me. I thought it was some kind of new fungal damage from high humidity because I haven't cleaned my pre-filter in a while and my RH is running a bit high at night. Wishful thinking lol!
I did a test with some Spinosad powder on a small popcorn bud the size of an m&m containing hundreds of russet mites. A heavy layer took about 14 hours to kill them completely. A thinner more practical layer of the stuff and they're still squirming after 14 hours. This is just for fun by the way.
I sprayed spinosad and sulfur in two different areas not together obviously last night. When the lights turn on this evening I'm going to take a good hard look and hope that I at least gave them a black eye. I'm going out in a moment to hit my outdoor plants with sulfur as well.
That's what I got so far but I will definitely fill you in on what works for me and how effective etc it would be my pleasure.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

BTW the sulfer I have that's in the 10 micron range doesn't mix so good with water. Good enough to suspend long enough to spray but I bought the wettable powder with 4-5 micron particles. I know I know kind of irrelevant except that the effectiveness of what I sprayed last night may be compromised compared to this stuff

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I don't see why I cannot mix the wettable sulfur powder with the liquid spinosad. I'm going to give it a go on a few of the outdoor ones and see what happens.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I don't see why I cannot mix the wettable sulfur powder with the liquid spinosad. I'm going to give it a go on a few of the outdoor ones and see what happens.
Does anyone know why spinosad is banned legal states? I forgot the ppm (or ppb) but I mean they test down to near zero. Ridiculous. Check both labels and if youā€™re using hobby stuff like dead bug brew find a label for pro use and they might spiral to compatibility in tank mixes.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Does anyone know why spinosad is banned legal states? I forgot the ppm (or ppb) but I mean they test down to near zero. Ridiculous. Check both labels and if youā€™re using hobby stuff like dead bug brew find a label for pro use and they might spiral to compatibility in tank mixes.
Friggin auto spell check. Speak not spiral.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I did quite a bit if checking actually. The reason it is on the naughty list in the legal states is because they have no evidence of what happens when you smoke Spinosad residue that may be left on dispensary flowers etc. Very low toxicity to humans if they ingest small amounts which we do through the products the average person consumes day in and day out that's no secret there. Just no one's ever done any research into smoking it guilty until proven innocent I guess. I have no opinion.

Stev3

Stev3

Does this look like Broad/Russet mites damage? The white stuff is sulfur

IMG 20210902 203019
IMG 20210902 202915
JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

omg I almost got sick just by looking at that picture. may god have mercy on your soul

Mrb53

Mrb53

That does not really look like mite damage to me. When you get a mite infestation, it is commonly accompanied by some leaf curling or N toxicity...this looks like MOLD...Powdery WM...

Moshmen

Moshmen

That does not really look like mite damage to me. When you get a mite infestation, it is commonly accompanied by some leaf curling or N toxicity...this looks like MOLD...Powdery WM...
That does look like mold but untreated mites can do some damage , thought I had some better pics but they pissed me off so much I deleted em all

B90A9AD4 60B2 48D8 A9D0 4C93129C82E8
Stev3

Stev3

I was asking about the top growth because it was mangled and burnt looking. It might have been sulfur...if I had PM that bad, I'd quit as a grower lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom