outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Where did the Black Haze come from?

outwest

K

kuz

im with northone, less light indoors for the sallies, they tend to shoot spikes right up under the lamps, appear to blow out with to much light. off to the side they do well.

as for which sativa i like best, its always been haze and her hybrids. a good lime haze is hard to beat, most ive grown are finishin at the 14 wk mark.

token on a SourHaze plant at present and its the best that has come outta that cross in years. decent density with great jolly rancher candy aromas and taste. head bangin goodness:D

12wks on it.

CBF
Ya mean something like in this photo? Its a hybrid, but mostly sativa. Good to know about the light, I havent wanted to tie up the space for this plant, wouldnt mind putting one off in the corner though.

The hybrid was one of billygoats with vietnam black

K

kuz

Ya mean something like in this photo? Its a hybrid, but mostly sativa. Good to know about the light, I havent wanted to tie up the space for this plant, wouldnt mind putting one off in the corner though.

The hybrid was one of billygoats with vietnam black
guess I forgot the photo Vnbarm01

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

lol. i read about it years n years back in some book. said it was a perrenial! really doubt it tho

leadplant

leadplant

The more research I do, the more I think that this title either goes to Afropips 130+ day Malawi Gold or the Acid Pheno of Tom Hill Haze. Has anyone tried either of these, especially the Tom Hill Acid haze?

Yeah I remember not so long ago when Tom Hills haze was getting alot of attention - lately not as much.

I havent seen one report of anyone finding an acid pheno - nada.
Loads of pretty good good reports but nothing earth shattering.
It can probably be found but only after sifting through 10+ packs of seeds.
Unfortunately, most even top shelf sativas seem to be this way - lotsa lotsa hay before finding that needle in the haystack

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Yeah I remember not so long ago when Tom Hills haze was getting alot of attention - lately not as much.

I havent seen one report of anyone finding an acid pheno - nada.
Loads of pretty good good reports but nothing earth shattering.
It can probably be found but only after sifting through 10+ packs of seeds.
Unfortunately, most even top shelf sativas seem to be this way - lotsa lotsa hay before finding that needle in the haystack

Supposedly there is a 5% chance of finding the Acid Pheno. I say good luck with that one... but let me know when you find it. :)

leadplant

leadplant

Yeah, I hear quite often about this 5% being special, yada yada.
Ive heard nevil; say the same thing about nevils haze.
Theres just one problem with that 5% number - its not true, its less than 5%.
More like 1-2%. Sam the Skunkman has said the same thing - only 1% of original haze girls are fire.

I would actually be pretty thrilled if the 5% odds were accurate. Thats 1 in 20 which is doable for a hobby grower. 1 in a 100 is another matter entirely - too much work for most folks.
Bums me out that breeders are not more upfront about this.

S

SatansSon

Moio runs the best sativa I've ever seen. His hazes are bad ass.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Have you tried nevils new haze strains everyone ive grown has been remarkable just like the older days back in the late 80's. No B.S really
I have about ten packs sitting on his auction site of devil , shit , early pearl , mango haze and several other plus a few of the cbd strains after winning my first auction for walkabout , i really didn't like the fact that they were not in breeders packs or is this just the case with walkabout also u need to sign for them , would anyone suggest i purchase the rest , has anyone received breeder packs thru the auction site.....

leadplant

leadplant

I've grown out nevilleshaze SSH and mangohaze awhole lot more than 1% are fire. i do not feel that statistical genetics would support that 1% comment. the Colombians and the Africans are on par if not better than MSN genetics in my opinion, however selection can be difficult if you are starting from scratch, and not from a stabilized worked line. i still have the electric fire pheno of mangohaze, which took 2yrs in selection, but the true colombians and Africans are something special

The 1% comment I made was referring to nevils haze and other pure hazes, not the whole MNS haze hybrid lineup.

You will have substantially better odds of finding good keepers with mangohaze and SSH as compared to NH. There is something about adding a little skunk that can really rev up the dank factor. Skunk is also much better at passing on its potency than haze. Unfortunately, becuase skunk dominates so much, some of the finer haze essences get lost or become less frequent.

I was suprised at how different NH was compared to say Nevs Haze mango which only has 12.5% skunk and had numerous stinky phenos. Nevs Haze has no skunk in it and doesnt stink at all in the usual way -if if it smells, its of a floral potpourri type of smell - very desirable smell I might add. As for potency, I stand be what I said earlier: Nevs Haze can be fire but more selection is necessary. What those exact odds are debatable. It may be better than 1-2% and you can get lucky but for the rest of us that didnt get so lucky - multiple packs are needed.

As for Sam skunkman being a liar - it could be true, I'd have to agree. But if he was a liar than he probably would have exxagerated the odds of finding a fire keeper and said something higher than !% - wouldnt ya think? I believe Sam is telling the truth on that point - !% of original haze girls are supreme. Now OHXSK is another matter entirely.

A good haze is hard to find - and some of those africans sound really interesting.

E

E.T.

here's a shot of a nevil haze 21 x early mullum around 3wks. shaping up to be something special...

2012 12 08 20 07 52 215

and here's a crappy shot of a branch of my black haze around 12wks.
...you should see the top. i like her around 100 daze....
2012 12 05 19 02 55 475 3

leadplant

leadplant

NO COMPARISION TO NEVIL'S HE HAS THE BEST HAZES KNOWN TO MAN

Gotta admit that nevils new crosses look very enticing but some things bug me such as the fact that they are completely untested. Further, that website he's got is so unprofessional -even shady feeling. Then there was the reeferman fallout drama. And the 180 bucks per pack is pure greediness.

Still, those seeds could indeed harbor some grail potential which would make it all worthwhile.
I'd love to try that kariba or mullum or oaxacan he's got - been hearing good things so far but not enough finished grows to really make me jump on it, not yet.

E

E.T.

Theres only one blkhaze and this ain't it

lol. too funny. came to me from an amigo in miami. she's been around for decades....
bco also has a decent black haze, but this is the one and only.
lol, that ain't it...lol

homebrew420

homebrew420

Friend is growing Seedsman Orig Haze, looks as hazey as anything and finishes about 11 weeks. great high great haze flavor. Tom Hills were a bust for him as well. Made a number of seeds in different combos to see if there was anything in there. Got a small orig Haze in the tent right now.
Want the Black Haze or Vietnam Black
Peace

E

E.T.

just for the record the HHF black haze is NOT the same as the black haze clone from florida here is a quote from HHF

"This Sativa, a Combination of some of our best breeding, pure Sativa's, Colombian Black, Purple Haze and Colombian Gold is quite simply, some of the finest Cannabis you will ever encounter, a serious Sativa for the Connoiseur cultivator or breeder"

i guess they named it black haze because of the columbian black in it....i will say even though the black haze clone obviously has columbian it it, these are NOT the same strains...i KNOW the black haze from florida has been going around way before HHF even released that strain,and if you look up zamalito's test grow you will see these are NOT the same

the blackwreck sounds nice and i agree that these do take patience to achieve their potential.
i just used some hhf black haze pollen on my black cut, in hopes of preserving her for years to come. take care, be safe

FireWithin

FireWithin

I'll add that b4 moving to Ca I grew up in central and s. fla and that draconian hellhole does have, and going way back into the early 90's, some absolutely killer hazes that go round. I've had many here all over the LA area and still havent found the thick thick Hazes from back then, close- but nuttn. I long at times 4 a special haze, has a special way of helpn ya go back in time to cherish memorable days from way back, jus from the taste / smell. Siitn in the lineup on a decent day with the offshore winded spray hittn ya in the face, bluebird sky and totally ripped from a bangn haze sesh- total blissssss...

Top Bottom