Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@Bulldog11 great year. Everything looks good. Is that the price for the greenhouse as well as installation. Does it come with 40 k of lights and the dimmable ballast. Also I have heard some of my friends getting the awesome forever flowerig greenhouse and there so busy they don't have time to ever come set it up for you. Never done light dep but am gonna give it a run next year. Gonna build hoop houses with 20 foot PVC that goes over rebard and build 4 of them that are about 100 feet long. Any advice

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@MendoGiantZ That price unfortunately is just for the greenhouse. They really are not that hard to put together, but I have been in the trades for 15+ years now. I am also a certified electrician in the state of Cali. Farmtek if you call now, has install ready for march though the rest of the year, get on the books now.

If your interested in nice greenhouse set ups, check out Farmtek. They are hands down the best, and I have dealt with many greenhouse companies. I have not dealt with Forever Flower, but I would bet my life Farmtek shit's all over them. Envirotect is the worst, don't ever use them. They started a fire on my buddies property, and never finished my greenhouse, they are a bunch of looser's.

If going with a hoop house that you can tarp, check out http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_high_tunnels_cold_frames;pg105158f.html
105158a.jpg

Farmtek has the woven black out tarp that breaths so you don't get super high humidity. I like this cold frame because it's not a PVC piece of shit. It's tube steal, just like a large greenhouse. Easy to put up with a 6' ladder and one person. I bought one of these last year, put it on 0% credit, and have pulled two crops out of it, totaling around 40 lbs this year. I can double that no problem once I get the hang of filling it. Total cost was 3K for everything.

The greenhouse I was taking about from Farmtek is custom. The "basic" (still fully loaded) greenhouse with light dep system is around 50k for what I am talking about. Here is the link for what comes with the "basic" light dep greenhouse.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ft_greenhouses-
bs500a.jpg

ft_500_blackout_system;pggb500pvev_GB0530120PVEV.html
500_tall_gh.jpg

The lights are all add ons, which is nice if you don't plan on heating and using the greenhouse in the winter. The greenhouse I am looking into is custom. It's the S1000 model, and I am designing the entire system from the ground up. Radiant heat concrete flooring, (I will have to install ahead of time) Swamp coolers, lights, fans, controllers, co2, misters, ext. http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...1&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=701178
series_1000f.jpg

Then if your a super baller, the s2000 model.
ghs14a.jpg
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...1&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=701022

Don't be afraid to hit me up if you need more advice. I have no problem going over your order before you purchase, maybe I can help save you from not getting something important, or not spending money on something not needed. Good luck.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So here's what I'm thinking. Your totally correct about farm tek being the best. It's like whatever you say directly relates to me for some reason. Maybe because were both nor cal male growers. But this morning I opened my mail box And I got my monthly farm tek catalog. We were highly considering getting one for my friends and my organic heirloom tomatoe farm. We grew 1300 heirloom plants last year here in sonoma. A shit ton of work for almost no money but it was fun

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Congrats on the electrical and I'm sure some carpenter skills. That is one thing my ganja game lacks. Most of this industry is building and solving problems. So next year I am going to build organized rows with PVC pipe hoop houses over the whole rows like the Humbolt locals guy did in his awesome thread I'm sure you have read. But in between the rows is going to be about a ten foot space that I was thinking I could just put another hoop house and use it for a temporary light dep. I was going to veg all of my blue dreams and get them nice and big and have them ready to take off supplemental lighting and put them outside May 20th. I was thinking that I could just buy a couple hundred extra dreams for the light dep and build a couple more rows of hoop houses in between the rows of hoop houses what would normally be my walkway and put them in there and grow them with the natural light for three weeks and then start covering them around June 15th. I figured they would get nice and big and I could do one really nice harvest and then take it all down and let the monster plants start filling in there rows.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Some questions of mine are do you think the full term outdoor plants will be to big and start to shade the In between rows of dep when it's Around mid July and my deps are going into full flower. Also what black out tarp do you reccomend. For doing 10 foot wide by 8 foot tall rows of PVC.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

My worker was saying if you don't get thick enough plastic it can trip out the plants and it also doesn't breathe very good. I'm going for a super cheap set up I don't want to buy multiple 5 thousand dollar tarps for only doing one run a year

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What's even more funny, is then you say something that is right on path with what I am setting up for next year also. lol. I guess great minds think alike. I have been in this for a long time, just recently went "pro". So I know a good amount, but always need to learn and perfect more. I enjoy reading your thread, because you are on point and keeps me on my toes.

I look forward to our winter talk, so much to learn from you. Keep it up brother, the light is getting brighter at the end of the tunnel. Almost there.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Some questions of mine are do you think the full term outdoor plants will be to big and start to shade the In between rows of dep when it's Around mid July and my deps are going into full flower. Also what black out tarp do you reccomend. For doing 10 foot wide by 8 foot tall rows of PVC.

Yes, I do think so. If I were you, I would consider your north to south orientation. I would put the largest plants, in the back, or also known as the north side. Then the hoop houses in front. The full season will tower over the hoop houses. I think I understood that correctly? Did that answer your question?

My worker was saying if you don't get thick enough plastic it can trip out the plants and it also doesn't breathe very good. I'm going for a super cheap set up I don't want to buy multiple 5 thousand dollar tarps for only doing one run a year

Last year I spend 700$ on a tarp that was about 20 x 64. Considering normal plastic that big would cost around 100-200$, I think it's a no brainer. Why fight mildew, bud rot and possibly hermi's when you can avoid it so easily? Plus, the woven plastic wont rip as easy as home depot crap. Still need duct tape though.

The 4k cost I was talking about was the entire hoop house, with black out cover. So the cost of the black out tarp isn't that big of a cost, IMO.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Just check Farmtek, 48 cents a sq foot. So your 8 x 20, lets call it 240 sq ft. You have to add width and length for the radius of your greenhouse. So lets call it 115$ a hoop house tarp. Double check that extra length, that was a guess for estimating purpose. Don't go out and buy a tarp based on my measurements. Farmtek has computers to calculate that for you, then add a couple feet on each side to be safe.

Shipping not included.

below frigid

below frigid

Took some Golden Triangle down off the drying lines to bag today. Decided to trim up a cola. Beautiful buds! I would grow this one again. That's saying a lot for me. Good yield, nice bud structure and it sparkles like diamonds.

Limonene

Limonene

Sent off an order for Sunshine Daydream and Cobra Lips today.
You will enjoy the ssdd @greendiamond its the only strain I've ever bought 4 packs of!
I got 7 females in my current pack that I'm running, these are the 2 I'm going to reveg
#1hasn't got the greatest structure but has frost and a really sweet hashy smell.
#2 has structure, yield and quality,
Sorry for the poor pic quality.

Last edited:
greendiamond

greendiamond

I screwed up and wrote Sunshine Daydream instead of Dream Beaver but I did buy a pack of them earlier this year ended up with three females and were chopped down a few days ago

Limonene

Limonene

I screwed up and wrote Sunshine Daydream instead of Dream Beaver but I did buy a pack of them earlier this year ended up with three females and were chopped down a few days ago
Nice one @greendiamond the beaver is fire - real exotic weird phenos. Are you keeping any of the ssdd for future runs?

greendiamond

greendiamond

No I put them all outside. I do need to get something set up indoors for that purpose. I also need to get another pack of SSDD

Limonene

Limonene

yeah i got my packs because i thought they weren't being produced any more and now they have been rereleased. Really like that strain. Next up is silver mountain and blueberry hash plant and then I'm going to drop some testers and a few other beans. Bodhis catalogue is so vast and full of quality its hard to know which ones to do next. Great choice with the beaver though. Crazy phenos.

Top Bottom