Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Haha! Good ol' Gorilla Glue.... Since this is a Bodhi thread, I won't state my opinion on that strain. But, like @mancdank said, everyone's got one, right? An opinion, that is.

I didn't necessarily switch to 11/13 to "help" the plants finish faster, although I do know that that's one of the benefits (if you wanna call it that). I'm a pretty patient guy, most of the time, so I'm not in a big big hurry or anything. Shit, man, I vegged these plants for sixty days before inducing flower. Like I said, I'm just trying to mimic nature as much as possible.

I will say, though, that considering the fact that the Goldstars and the Prayer Towers SHOULD be Sativa-dominant (though one of the two PT's I have looks pretty Indica-ish), an 11/13 schedule should help them along. I dunno if it'll benefit the lone Clusterfunk I have growing (which, btw, has developed this insaaaaaane "burnt rubber" smell that's fucking overwhelming), but it seems to me that I should listen to anything DJ Short has to say about growing. Right?
Actually id love to hear your thoughts on the glue as iv just finished up my first glue cuts there.iv not really smoked any yet but all i got was loads of wispy rubbery branches with a wee bit of semi dense buds up top.i know i didnt get it to fill in like it should but still.im thinking its been cloned so many times that its not what it used to be?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah i reckon dj short knows a thing or 2! @happy b told me about djs method to increase the female ratios in reg seeds, i get more males than most in general so I'm going to try it out on my next pop.
Wasn't the PT a mixed pollination or have i got that wrong? i though he used an indy and a sat but i might be getting it mixed up with something else. Looking forward to seeing your pics of those girls, i saw an amazing PT organic grow last year, one of the biggest buds I've seen in soil.
Personally i think once we take the plants and put them in a grow room under hid lighting then nature has flown out the window! I've given up trying to mimic it, u mentioned weightlifting earlier, there is nothing natural about that but it will add layers of muscle to you and bulk you up, thats what I'm trying to do to my plants, get them down the gym i want to see their guns.

I think initially Bodhi just bred the Lemon Thai and Appalachia as he saw fit. Then he did an Indica-leaning selection and a Sativa-leaning selection. I'm probably wrong about the initial breeding, but I know for sure that there are Indica and Sativa Prayer Tower options now. The seeds I have are from the initial release. And that's incredibly obvious just from watching them grow. I planted one outdoors last summer just to test my soil mix and shit, with no intention of flowering it, but it was very obviously Sativa. There's a really shitty pic of it somewhere on this thread. The two I have flowering indoors right now are almost polar opposites. One is much shorter, more compact. The other is like twice the size, but flowering much quicker than the one that I would deem the Indica pheno. The bigger, more Sativa-looking one is actually throwing some frost on the fan leaves already and looks like it'll finish sooner than the short, squat Prayer Tower.

As far as getting more females, I think just planting straight into the medium you intend to grow in helps. And I reeeeealllyyyyy have to emphasize that I don't know shit. I'm not sure what you grow in, but for me, in a totally organic soil grow, it just makes sense to plant seeds directly into the full-on soil. Again, in nature, plants get pollinated, create seeds and said seeds drop from the plants into the ground that the mothers are growing in. No "starter soil mix," no fluorescents then HID's etc etc. I sowed eighteen seeds and got fourteen females indoors, so it seems to work.

But maybe I just got lucky haha!

Not criticizing anybody's methods, btw. I'm just talking about what I've noticed and think. Hope y'all do t have a problem with that haha!!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Actually id love to hear your thoughts on the glue as iv just finished up my first glue cuts there.iv not really smoked any yet but all i got was loads of wispy rubbery branches with a wee bit of semi dense buds up top.i know i didnt get it to fill in like it should but still.im thinking its been cloned so many times that its not what it used to be?

Well, I've never grown GG, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like whilst growing. I do know that "wispy" isn't one of the adjectives I'd use to describe the buds from that strain. You got it from clone? In Scotland? That's where you are, right? Or was it an S1 that you grew from seed? I highly doubt that it's been cloned so much already that the growth rates have been affected. I'm pretty sure Josey only bred GG like three or four years ago.

The best batches of GG I've gotten have had a very pronounced "Coco/chocolate" thing going on in the nose, along with a very noticeable "industrial glue" thing (hence the name, I guess) but somehow, inexplicably (and weed is nothing if not "inexplicable" haha) had an extremely Chem funk taste after smoking it, with undertones of coco and, again, industrial glue/chemicals. I love the way it smells and tastes. Extremely unique. But, like I said in that GSC thread, the high varies for me. The last batch I smoked really did make me go,"Yeah, I don't think I love Gorilla Glue....." haha. I'm pretty much done with that strain.

Perhaps you didn't take it long enough? The buds shouldn't be whispy, I'm certain of that. And I feel like there should definitely be a noticeable "chocolate" thing going on. But what do I know? SoCal dispensaries can be shady as fuck, so maybe I haven't ever gotten real GG, although I did buy into the hype and got a bunch from various places, just to see what it was all about. I have noticed, though, that the best batches of GG I've gotten always have that coco smell. Whether it's extremely noticeable or barely there, the chocolate is always there. That last batch I got, though.... Shit..... It was strong, which is fine with me, but I really did get waaaayyyyy too introspective. Very nervous, very "WTF am I doing with my life"-type thing. It wasn't pleasant at all haha!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Are these hammerhead's beans your talking about? Did you notice duding features?

H

happy b

Well, I've never grown GG, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like whilst growing. I do know that "wispy" isn't one of the adjectives I'd use to describe the buds from that strain. You got it from clone? In Scotland? That's where you are, right? Or was it an S1 that you grew from seed? I highly doubt that it's been cloned so much already that the growth rates have been affected. I'm pretty sure Josey only bred GG like three or four years ago.

The best batches of GG I've gotten have had a very pronounced "Coco/chocolate" thing going on in the nose, along with a very noticeable "industrial glue" thing (hence the name, I guess) but somehow, inexplicably (and weed is nothing if not "inexplicable" haha) had an extremely Chem funk taste after smoking it, with undertones of coco and, again, industrial glue/chemicals. I love the way it smells and tastes. Extremely unique. But, like I said in that GSC thread, the high varies for me. The last batch I smoked really did make me go,"Yeah, I don't think I love Gorilla Glue....." haha. I'm pretty much done with that strain.

Perhaps you didn't take it long enough? The buds shouldn't be whispy, I'm certain of that. And I feel like there should definitely be a noticeable "chocolate" thing going on. But what do I know? SoCal dispensaries can be shady as fuck, so maybe I haven't ever gotten real GG, although I did buy into the hype and got a bunch from various places, just to see what it was all about. I have noticed, though, that the best batches of GG I've gotten always have that coco smell. Whether it's extremely noticeable or barely there, the chocolate is always there. That last batch I got, though.... Shit..... It was strong, which is fine with me, but I really did get waaaayyyyy too introspective. Very nervous, very "WTF am I doing with my life"-type thing. It wasn't pleasant at all haha!
No its deffo the legit gg4 cut 100%.i can tell just by looking at it as the cut is very distinctive even in veg.
wen i say wispy i mean underneath.theres LOADS of larf on it and that was me shaving her legs but i,ll need to take the bottoms up even higher next time.i know for a fact it didnt fill in the way it should and thats obviously on me and my growing.iv got some Fg going on in there and i grow in soil without phing anything so im betting between the fg eating the fine root hairs that take up the nutes and the ph maybe not being bang on what the glue likes thats whats stopped it filling in.strange thing was one branch DID fill in ok.its because that one did fill in that i knew the others didnt if you know what i mean.
iv not had a chance to get a proper smoke at it yet although its almost dry but im betting if i get rid of the fg and ph my nutes id enjoy growing the gg4 more.iv got another cut going now anyway.its only a few weeks in.i dunno i had for some reason expected a large yeilding plant.thats probably a "when grown properly" scenario which mines obviously wasnt.
and just for the record josey called it gorrilla glue after the famous glue and sticky tape brand because it gummed up the scissors wen it was being trimmed.it has nothing to do with flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Yeah i reckon dj short knows a thing or 2! @happy b told me about djs method to increase the female ratios in reg seeds, i get more males than most in general so I'm going to try it out on my next pop.
Wasn't the PT a mixed pollination or have i got that wrong? i though he used an indy and a sat but i might be getting it mixed up with something else. Looking forward to seeing your pics of those girls, i saw an amazing PT organic grow last year, one of the biggest buds I've seen in soil.
Personally i think once we take the plants and put them in a grow room under hid lighting then nature has flown out the window! I've given up trying to mimic it, u mentioned weightlifting earlier, there is nothing natural about that but it will add layers of muscle to you and bulk you up, thats what I'm trying to do to my plants, get them down the gym i want to see their guns.
I agree, while we have to mimic nature to some degree one of the great things about growing indoors is that we can improve upon what's possible in a natural situation. Which is why indoor bud is always better than outdoor.

ClassV

ClassV

Dunno what went down between happy_b and Logic, but I hope it can be resolved. Logic runs a terrific site and keeps the forums on topic and free of nonsense... and happy_b has been a terrific contributor who goes out of his way to share knowledge with fledgling gardeners like me.

Just the opinion of a novice, hobby grower who has benefited from the contributions of both men.

Minitiger

Minitiger

probably have to wait for the next amnesty
he mentioned the unmentionable other place

Just for future reference, what's the "unmentionable other place"? I realize you can't say it in this thread, but if you wanna PM me and lemme know, that'd be great. I don't wanna unintentionally mention something that's gonna get me banned.

Side note: watered all the plants with a corn SST two nights ago, looked in the tent last night and the plants are obviously LOVING it. All the leaves were at attention, standing almost straight up, praying like a motherfucker. Taking pics tonight when I water them. If my girl's awake when I get finished in the tent (she's the one who knows about "technological stuff" haha), I'll post them tonight. If she isn't, I'll post them tomorrow after work.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I agree, while we have to mimic nature to some degree one of the great things about growing indoors is that we can improve upon what's possible in a natural situation. Which is why indoor bud is always better than outdoor.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree (1000000x emphasis on the word "respectfully) re: indoor being superior to outdoor. The best strains I've ever smoked have been grown organically, outdoors in NorCal. The bag appeal may not be there (although I've gotten stellar-looking strains from my friend's grow up north that rivaled anything grown indoors), but the way they taste and smoke.... I dunno, it's just better. Sun-grown organic weed, in my opinion, will almost always smoke better than indoor. Obviously, not everything grown outdoors is the shit, the same as not everything grown indoors will be. But nothing rivals organically grown outdoor bud done right.

@Bulldog11 help me out here haha.

Also, I'm not sure humans are capable of "improving" on nature. This planet was doing fine (yeah, there may have been an Ice Age here or there every ten million years or whatever), but it only took us about 350 years (starting with the Industrial Revolution) to run this planet into the ground. Humans just fuck shit up, most of the time haha. Tweaking things re: growing may have some benefits, but I prefer to keep things as close to the way shit works outdoors indoors.

Again, RESPECT. I'm so not trying to call you out or say that I know something you don't. I don't know shit, but I do trust my instincts. And my instincts tell me to keep things as "natural" as I possibly can.

Minitiger

Minitiger

No its deffo the legit gg4 cut 100%.i can tell just by looking at it as the cut is very distinctive even in veg.
wen i say wispy i mean underneath.theres LOADS of larf on it and that was me shaving her legs but i,ll need to take the bottoms up even higher next time.i know for a fact it didnt fill in the way it should and thats obviously on me and my growing.iv got some Fg going on in there and i grow in soil without phing anything so im betting between the fg eating the fine root hairs that take up the nutes and the ph maybe not being bang on what the glue likes thats whats stopped it filling in.strange thing was one branch DID fill in ok.its because that one did fill in that i knew the others didnt if you know what i mean.
iv not had a chance to get a proper smoke at it yet although its almost dry but im betting if i get rid of the fg and ph my nutes id enjoy growing the gg4 more.iv got another cut going now anyway.its only a few weeks in.i dunno i had for some reason expected a large yeilding plant.thats probably a "when grown properly" scenario which mines obviously wasnt.
and just for the record josey called it gorrilla glue after the famous glue and sticky tape brand because it gummed up the scissors wen it was being trimmed.it has nothing to do with flavor.

It does have to do with flavor. And smell. There's a super-noticeable "chemical/industrial glue" thing going on with the most well-grown batches of GG that I've gotten. Whether it was dubbed Gorilla Glue because of the fact that the buds "gum up" scissors when trimming or whatever, the fact is Gorilla Glue smells like, well, Gorilla Glue. Like, the glue itself. Very noticeable. At least to me it is.

Top Bottom