Votes: 86 60.1%
  • Vaporizers for Victory!

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
For portability I love the mighty by storz and bickel. It’s served me well. I feel the herb lasts longer and I can vape the same herb 3+ times and get a nice buzz throughout the day. Lately I’ve been making rosin and vape juice but that’s mainly cuz it’s even easier and doesn’t require reloading as often.

gwheels

gwheels

For portability I love the mighty by storz and bickel. It’s served me well. I feel the herb lasts longer and I can vape the same herb 3+ times and get a nice buzz throughout the day. Lately I’ve been making rosin and vape juice but that’s mainly cuz it’s even easier and doesn’t require reloading as often.
Can you use rosin in the mighty?

Madmax

Madmax

Bongs and big joints for me...dont ya just hate it when the ash hits the back of your throat.
Hate a mate that was that blind he thought his stubby was his beer drinking the bong water :D:D.i was laughing at him and he didnt why..so i said drink up your shout...

gwheels

gwheels

I am getting too old for bongs and doobs. That is what happens. Something smoother and cooler or edibles is more my speed.
For the vape i did get an iceborn and when you use that it sure makes it easier.

It is like an water pipe attachment for a vape that uses ice instead of water. Very cool vape hits with that.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Can you use rosin in the mighty?

You can. I haven’t. It comes with concentrate pads that the concentrate soaks into so it will work. I should try that. I have a bunch of concentrate pads laying around.

Muttley

Muttley

I converted over to vaping over about a year, during which I smoked joints and vaped interchangeably. Finally I decided to go with vaping alone, but I quickly found out the hard way that I rank among a tiny percentage of people who are prone to developing serious lung infections from inhaling dry vapor that has not been bubbled through a water path.

So now, I use both my Airizer Air, and my Airizer Solo, connected via a 14-mm adapter to a glass bubbler that is essentially a bong. My other vapes include the Cloudius Hydrology 9 which has a built-in water path, and another similar design called the Adventurer, but I always wind up circling back to the tried and tested Airizer Air, connected to a small tree-percolator ice bong.

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations Muttley,

...I rank among a tiny percentage of people...

I think i know what you mean exactly.

...dry vapor that has not been bubbled through a water path.

If i may, i had some long reflection on the place of water in a cannabic inhalation path myself, for example:

Egzosets Arizer V Tower  Cold Steam Conditoning 2013 Sep 21 400x400

This was a spectacular relief, at least at 1st... Then i eventually found out i like "Inlet Water" even better, which contrary to post-vaporization moisturization actually corresponds to the extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2) generated by the clean-burning of butane in a blue "torch" flame.

If you like bongs my bet is you'd also like a FogBong!
FogBong 2012 Nov 17

...which is a variation where your cannabic "fumet" never touches water, much less get washed in it. of course there has to be no particulates in your airflow.

...I use both my Airizer Air, and my Airizer Solo...

In that case i must add my FogBong! scenario performed equally well while testing it with Arizer's Solo glass wands:
HA v21  Fog Bong with 3rd Party Glass Whip Unloaded

As i recall it was "devine"...

It's a result of not washing out too much of the delicate fragrances at the origin of a satisfying aroma/taste appreciation. Then i discovered how tempting that proved to be to take deep inhalations like a young man again and never seem to face nature's kick back - which occured about 1 week later: and that was lung-depressing enough to quit this path. By chance i gave fire a try and started to understand water could be "inlet" instead of "outlet", with significant differences obviously. Quite some involvement was required to obtain a properly customized delivery tool but i'll never regret it.

Now i'm trying to figure out how to transition to butane-less Inlet Water using Induction heat, hoping i live long enough to enjoy it myself...

Imagine, JAi's IH Curie Pyrolizer is 50 years old and it's still not transposed to our favourite application, so how many more decades shall it take?? I can only wonder but lets not expect too much of the mainstream vaporist market anyway!

By the way, can you afford missing a 100 $ semi-DiY ultimate solution without the tweaking agravation?... Not for sale but ain't too difficult to complete as a week-end project in your garage neither. Though i'll never equate butane fire to anything else than a "Plan-B", 'cause of butane's associated impurities considered in a long term scenario (speaking of years).

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Muttley

Muttley

Hey Egzoset it is good to see that other vape users are looking into better ways to add that all-important moisture to dry vapor, while at the same time retaining as much potency and flavor as possible. I am looking over the diagrams you have kindly provided here, and might even try some of these ideas with a DIY approximation of the setup shown above, just to compare it to my standard bubbler setup.

Egzoset

Egzoset

Hi again Muttley,

...looking over the diagrams...

Oh, the Mazzilli-inspired ones i guess. Yeah, it's been on my mind constantly since i realized how much this has become popular - which is fine as long as everyone remains aware that's prototyping territory. Though as a product the last thing i want is to agree on any trade-off implying that i'm prepared to repair my IH driver on the spot... While i don't even have true need for portability nor battery autonomy. Remember, it's "Bi-Energy" after all!! Which is one excellent motive to support DynaVap enthousiasts, but not at any cost. That's how i find myself starting with a contemplative attitude, making drawings while looking up at the ladder penetrating the skies...

...might even try some of these ideas with a DIY approximation of the setup shown above, just to compare it to my standard bubbler setup.

Hummm... in that case i need to include those few additional illustrations:
30xbymg
33m6b68

That one certainly qualified as an easily reproductible "fun" experiment. Unfortunately i think i ended up destroying my MistMaker modules somehow, perhaps others might do better. Something about over-heating inside i guess. As you can see the amount of moisture was clearly exagerated as i had no way to control the mixing ratio between dry hot air and moisturized (cold fog) air....

Before i continue on the mixing ratio control solution i found most appropriate here's more details on how you can try to mix your streams at home today:
Egzosets Solution to Dry Vapor 2013 Sep 21 400x300
Egzosets Alternative to MistMakers 2013 Sep 24 300x400

What happens is this: the H2O tube terminated under water surface inside a water toy while my cannabic stream arrived from above via another tube, marked THC. The turbulences from bubbling dissipated heat from steam and also contributed to a better dozing of the aerial mix. One aspect that felt suitable with this is the fact that burning-hot steam sterilized part of this huge contraption, with an IH cooker + water boiler in the background (...):
Egzosets Whole Arizer based Set 2018 Sep 24 300x400

Now, about reaching a proper mixing ratio i feel most compelled to show this other experiment:
Bag n Fog 2012 Nov 24 300x300
11b5jxc
Description:
1 - HA aquarium pump
2 - HA v2.1 table vaporizer
3 - Arizer Solo glass tube
4 - Volcano bag
5 - Rudimentary anti-reverse Bubbler/Valve inlet
6 - Rudimentary anti-reverse Bubbler/Valve outlet
7 - FogBong! inlet
8 - FogBong! outlet

It was conceived to help me determine what suited me better between cold vs warm, dry vs moist or any combination of those... For example a bag (4) performed nicely as a heat removal step, then followed with rudimentary water bubbling as an option. In the end FogBong! conditioning won the gold.

With a most significant twist - controlled mixing ratio:
Fog Mixing Parts 2012 Nov 14 500x400
Full Path PVC Tubing for HA  Mist Maker 2012 Nov 22 500x300
Fog Conditioning for HA   Shutter Mixing Aperture 2012 Nov 22 500x400

Always trying to depend on easy-to-find base materials, so future readers might want to "duplicate & peer review" for themselves...

The principle is this. My cannabic path entered a sealed mixing chamber via a food-safe/flexible aquarium tube, with just a tiny puncture forming what i tagged as "Mixing Aperture" (+ its sliding "Shutter"). Gravity caused condensed water droplets to fall through that hole, evacuating the excess liquid while also plugging this artisanal valve due to superficial tension in water. Effectively closing the aperture separting those 2 paths, the cannabic one vs moisturized air circling around the lungs path tube. During operation negative succion pressure caused the obstructing water droplet to lift and allow some light amounts of moisturized air to enter and mix with the noble molecules, hence removing heat further since that's cold fog i depended on... The hole went plugged again after each inhalation, effectively preserving the cannabic path in between each puff.

Regrettably jealous Sniff 'n Liche adversaries managed to get Egzoset's video erased from YouTube, if i'm not mistaking. Too bad 'cause it explained quite intuitively safe/controlled conditioning for pratically any cannabic stream which can have a hose attached...

That was fun too, all i can offer is old illustrations and my word for it. In any case frequent maintenance was necessary for obvious reasons. The pipe doesn't impose me such restriction in exchange for Inlet Water.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
arafendon

arafendon

Hi everyone. I left my choice on the bong of course!) But I would like to ask a question. Has anyone used the product Best CBD oil ? I read a lot about this, but the opinion is interesting. While I placed an order and am waiting for delivery. There is a choice between 25mg and 50mg, so I can’t understand for sure whether I ordered it correctly or not. But I took several different ones just in case)

arafendon

arafendon

Hi everyone. I left my choice on the bong of course!) But I would like to ask a question. Has anyone used the product Best CBD oil ? I read a lot about this, but the opinion is interesting. While I placed an order and am waiting for delivery. There is a choice between 25mg and 50mg, so I can’t understand for sure whether I ordered it correctly or not. But I took several different ones just in case)

arafendon

arafendon

Muttley

Muttley

Wow. Two hundred vapes is a seriously huge collection for sure. Looks like I needn't bother boasting about my five different vaporizers ha ha.

On brand names, I'm partial to Airizer products, with the Solo1 serving very well as my daily drive, while a couple of Airizer Air1 are on hand as backups. A while back I acquired a Cloudius Hydrology9 vape with the built in water path and the disco lights that I generally cover up with a paper sleeve around the glass portion.

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations Muttley,

...looking into better ways... ... ...might even try some of these ideas with a DIY approximation of the setup shown above, just to compare it to my standard bubbler setup.

Maybe here's your chance. Ever heard of "The Wand" from ISpire??

Ispire Wand (2021-Mar-31)

It seems to offer some fair selection of glass accessories specially adapted to dabbing, one most original item being its tripod support:

Ispire "The Wand" Enail Dab Kit Product Spotlight (2021-Mar-31)

Which may prove useful when experimenting, possibly even using a bong or else...

IMO the 15~16 Amperes limitation combined to having a couple 18650 power cells announces an effective IH power ranging between 118 (3.7V X 2 X 16) Watts assuming a theoretical transfer of 100 % and, say, perhaps at least as much as in a decent table device, hence 50 Watts if one refers to HerbalAire's heater element. One major difference here being that this IH wand ain't meant to inject energy into its susceptor for periods lasting as much as 2 ~ 3 minutes, which is the case for a slow/steady HA busy at inflating some baloon...

Besides capacity, hopefully expressed in "Joules per Puff" (...), there's the likely matter of being restricted in terms of susceptor 3-D geometry.

Intuition tells me there's no "Dry Herb" option for reasons similar to the Evoke/Lux by Loto Labs, except with 2 batteries instead of only 1.

By the way, i wonder how this design shall perform relatively to its long/term reliability, considering having 2 user-removable cells implies dealing simultaneously with a Voltage reduction while putting 4 power contacts quite probably in series electrical connection, and thinking of mechanical/electrical stresses i would have much perfered an absolute necessary minimum of 2... That's why someday i wish exploration of more complex magnetic "circuits" will eventually enable innovative solutions as to combine energy magnetically rather than electrically. This is already a magnetic application after all, so why not split the electrical stress evenly and gain some level of fault tolerance, because we can imagine 1 dead battery won't stop the other from performing it's individual duty until both cells are depleted. With double the heat-up time as a trade-off, but that's still better than no puff at all. So...

To be honest that's not really "news" but the reader may like to have a look at this mediatic advertising anyway:

ISpire launches first of its kind induction heating Enail dab rig (2021-Apr-20)

As a wild guess i'd argue it's enhancing portability when compared to 3-cells DiY scenarios and similar, since that's less weight and volume, which raises the matter of a 18650 format being huge and hence pehaps a little too thick. But... It turns out the device relies on an air-core selenoïd anyway and that 3-D limitation seems somehow convenient in such context. Too bad flat designs remain to get explored, in every way of the sense. As a result i expect susceptors must conform to the existing ISpire geometries to work best, in other words stick to hollow metal cylinders, for example:
Egzosets LAVAGen2 IH Driven Heat Convertor concept 2019 Mar 28 700x480

In principle metal is a good heat conductor and SiC even better as a bulk material, once turned into foam it's still quite useful in heat exchange processes requiring chemical neutrality at relatively intense temperatures, while such layout reduces metallic contact-surface with the airflow. The problem i foresee is mass because even if SiC foam ain't magnetic at all that's still going to suck heat from the anular ring around it, a hollow cylindrical susceptor. Defining the ideal thickness might be a challenge, but if one can pack enough energy in every single air pocket contained in such exotic foam then i'm ready to bet that's a potential Dry Herb alternative right there. In comparison i ain't this optimistic using a 1 mm thick disc inside a selenoïd...

YMMV! 😉

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Egzoset

Egzoset

Update:

Intuition tells me there's no "Dry Herb" option for reasons similar to the Evoke/Lux by Loto Labs...

Well intuition can be a tricky thing. Although i still don't think it's the full treat there is actually a "Dry Herb" option:

Ispire "The Wand" Enail Dab Kit Product Spotlight (2021-Mar-31)
Ispire The Wand with flower (2021-Apr-11)

☮️

Egzoset

Egzoset

More update:

Images of "Dry Herb" option copied from Sourcemore stores (Hong Kong):
ISpire   The Wand   Borosilicate Dab Kit   Banger Cup accessories 480x270
ISpire - The Wand - Borosilicate Dab Kit - Banger Cup accessories

The manufacturer's own description is clear, it's a 100 % Full-Glass path with its wireless metal heater actually air-tight sealed by the wrap, called a "Banger Cup".

This differs from genuine convection as airflow carries no energy to this bowl, instead radiated heat eventually re-converts into hot air (and conduction heat) even in absence of any aerial transport...

In any case purists shall be pleased that absolutely no metal contact can ever occur as a result of such clean seal.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Top Bottom