Boomer's Ocean Grown 5k watt ScrOG Lab w/ c02

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well don't beat yourself up too much brother! The environments our ladies like are perfect breeding grounds for the little buggers. Sometimes there isn't much you can do about it at all. What kind of predators did you release?

B

Boomer242

Well don't beat yourself up too much brother! The environments our ladies like are perfect breeding grounds for the little buggers. Sometimes there isn't much you can do about it at all. What kind of predators did you release?

im not really worried. i just an OCD and all about cleanliness. lead by example i always say. haha.
but ure right the rooms are perfect for breeding.

the predator mites are

Neoseiulus Californicus, Mite Predator

theyre good for mites and aphids. idk about gnats. i was wrong to assume gnats were a soil/less issue. idk where i read that but now first hand its been discredited. i went to greencoast talked to my boy grabbed sum more shit to add onto my aresenol of pest controls.

GoGnats and more sticky yellow pads. im blanketing the room. temps already down to fuk up their breeding grounds. the gognats is a hydro app thru ur rez feeding so itll kill any larvae/eggs in my rockwool. makes sense that i did a huge flush and all the crittiers came flowing right out of it. i cant imagine how many more are left but they wont last longer then 24hours.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0647.jpg

A

A6 Grower

DAMN boom got bugs??? shit in the year or so ive been following you youve never had bugs lol, goes to show when you open your month about how great things are going those little fuckers come in to rain on your parade lol. Im also kinda dealing with gnats today, i sprayed my whole room with toxic bug killer then whipped the whole bitch down from top to bottom and then put all the plants back in and sprayed some general use jacks organic spray that contains some shit, bugs like to eat that kills them, this was 3 weeks ago about half way through my veg. Shit was great till this morning i moved some dirt around and gnats came crawling out. I went and bought some earth something shit that you spread over the top of the dirt and it kills the gnats and prevents them from laying more eggs. I kept seeing little tiny holes here and there but could never find the culprit now i know were they were hiding. they could only survive in the dirt, i have some bugs strips and shit too and never really saw anything on them. Good luck with your gnats, they arn't that big a deal just fuckin annoying lol.

B

Boomer242

Flower Update; Week 5 (table1) & Week 2 (table2)

Table 1-
PPM @ 1100
PH @ 5.7
Temp @ 83* 55%
C02 @ 1500ppm
Flush every week

Table 2-
PPM @ 900
PH @ 5.9
*infested w/ fungus gnats
-combating issue w/ goGnats added in both rezs
-several yellow sticky pads
-lowered room temps at night to 68*
-i will crank c02 to 20,000ppm when lights come on
-Sprayed everything with Neem Oil
-Released Predator Mites

(think i got it covered) :smiley_joint:

Table 1 doesnt appear to be affected from the fungus gnats on table 2.

I also took and keep;

72x OG x Bubba Kush cuttings
20x Master x Bubba Kush cuttings

I acquired sum new flavors from a fellow grower;

2x Greencrack
2x Diablo OG kush
2x Sour Diesel

-I will root all these out, veg for a month, choose strong mothers from the OGBK and MBK and hopefully the new flavors above survive since i only have two of each. I will mother those out as well. my new scion setup is most likely goin to be 16 mothers and hoping to expand soon. def will when the shop is ready.

I went ahead and just straight mowed down the tops of my old mothers since they were too tall and needed to be trained. figured id chop em and see how they recover, if at all. if not no biggie im tossin them soon anyways. i just like to experiment when i can.

oh ya i had never posted pix of my elect, ac, plumbing equip. its not the cleanest lookin but it gets the job done for now.

heres the 2ton split AC

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0649.jpg

hole into flower room above garage. airpump outside the flower room to add 02 to my rez water, not c02 which is in the flower room air.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0650.jpg

My subpanel from my main breaker with 240v and 120v breakers. splits to both the flower and veg room.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0651.jpg

200gallon rez with water pump inside to push RO water up to either flower or veg room via reg garden hose.
100gal/day RO system

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0652.jpg

freshly chopped scions'

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0653.jpg

new cuttings in humidity dome

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0654.jpg

table 1 flower week 4

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0655.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0656.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0657.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0660.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0661.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0662.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0665.jpg

table 2 flower week 2

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0666.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0667.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0670.jpg

idk if this weird twisitng on new growth is from the fungus gnats snackin on the roots stressin the plant out...
or if its transplant shock or nute issue

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0671.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0673.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome update Boomer! Slick new upgrades as well... I need to get a sub panel into my garage and feed the flower room above in a similar fashion. Any suggestions or links? My electrical house panel is on the exterior garage wall and I thought it might be possible to connect through interior drywall instead of the stucco outside. :wondering

B

Boomer242

Awesome update Boomer! Slick new upgrades as well... I need to get a sub panel into my garage and feed the flower room above in a similar fashion. Any suggestions or links? My electrical house panel is on the exterior garage wall and I thought it might be possible to connect through interior drywall instead of the stucco outside. :wondering

the pix above were the same from day 1. i just never posted pix of the squip and how things were setup. i like the subpanel in the garage out of sight from any meter reader.

i dont have any links. im not comfortable giving elect advice like mentioned before i dont wanna kill anyone haha. my pops is a licensed electrician (as mentioned before) and he showed me everything and i learned on the fly. i was born for this shit :character0035:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries Boomer... With so many journals subscriptions, I sometimes forget that I've asked similar questions before. In any case, very clean install as always... :cool

A

AbusiveOGK

Looking good Boomer sorry about the bugs, but I'm sure you'll get that under control in no time.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hey Boomer! Been quiet in here the last couple of days. How did the GoGnats work for ya?

B

Bobby Smith

Hey Boom, no rush, but I was wondering if you'd mind taking a pic of your water setup when you get a chance?

Have the same R/O filter and after flooding my garage twice I stopped using it (my tap water isn't all that bad, honestly), but figure I might as well figure out a way to use it with the rest of the upgrades and decided I need to install a float valve - any chance you could take a pic of yours?

Also, how does the hose contraption workout? Does it run to a faucet up there and is constantly on, or do you flip a switch and the pump comes on?

Need to do something very similar so instead of coming up with my own ideas I'd just copy your system (which appears to work).

-Lazy Bobby

B

Boomer242

No worries Boomer... With so many journals subscriptions, I sometimes forget that I've asked similar questions before. In any case, very clean install as always... :cool

haha trust me i understand. it happens i just like to clarify for u and everyone thats all. i try to repeat myself often for others just jumpin in the journal. its hard keepin up with 50+pages of sumones journal and remember wat all is goin on

Looking good Boomer sorry about the bugs, but I'm sure you'll get that under control in no time.

ya the plants have taken off now that the bugs are being killed off

peeking in,,,

nice,,,,,,,

bb57^
mvf_

ftp

still lurkin as always....

Hey Boomer! Been quiet in here the last couple of days. How did the GoGnats work for ya?

i usually keep things quiet unless i have sumthing to ask, report, or pic updates. been busy with projects and gettin things in order. but the gognats, yellow sticky pads, lower night temps, and predator mites seem to be doin the trick. i only see dead or dying gnats around. nuthin alive and the plants have good vigor.

B

Boomer242

Hey Boom, no rush, but I was wondering if you'd mind taking a pic of your water setup when you get a chance?

Have the same R/O filter and after flooding my garage twice I stopped using it (my tap water isn't all that bad, honestly), but figure I might as well figure out a way to use it with the rest of the upgrades and decided I need to install a float valve - any chance you could take a pic of yours?

Also, how does the hose contraption workout? Does it run to a faucet up there and is constantly on, or do you flip a switch and the pump comes on?

Need to do something very similar so instead of coming up with my own ideas I'd just copy your system (which appears to work).

-Lazy Bobby

hahaha funny u mention that. ive flooded my rooms (well more like large spills) but havent flooded my garage yet using the RO setup. i actually have the float valve sitting rite next to the rez with a sticky on it thats says "please install me lazy boomer" haha

i just tap the rez to determine the water height and always keep it goin at certain times of the day when actually filling upstairs rezs. i use timers to not forget cuz i did that once, woke up middle of the night and ran out expecting a flood. mines only a 100gal/day RO so it takes time to fill up all 200gallons.

the float valve is simple to install once u understand the concept. drill the correct sized hole wherever ud like the water level to top out at. then take apart the float valve hardware and put it thru the drilled hole and reach inside to screw the bolt bak together. before u do that u need to run the fresh RO water line into/thru the float valve then tigthen and should b good. not sure this helps but i hope it does. just fuck with it ull figure it out. the float valve will raise up level with the water as it rises and will pinch off the RO water coming in thus no more... goodluck :passingjoint:

in regards to how mine is setup;

200 gallon rez gets filled as needed. i have a submerged pump inside with pvc connector and hose clamp that allows me to hook up a plain cheap garden hose and ran it thru the gargae cieling straight into the flower room. the hose is long enough to reach both 70gall rezs in the flower room and into the other 10'x10' veg room and fill those rezs.
the submerged pump has an extension cord thats ran to a power supply and i manually plug it in. ive been too lazy to care to install the float valve, timers, or actual on/off water valves. id rec doin it now while gettin ready.
make sure the pump u choose has enough GPH and PSI to push the desired amount to the correct distance.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
My ladies started rocking after applying the nematodes to kill those damn flys. It's crazy how much the bugs effect the ladies.

A friend of mine tells me that they aren't an issue and he still goes hard with them in his soil. I told him he should want to grow bomb buds - he missed the point LOL.

I can't wait to see more pics soon boomer, stay blessed!

B

Bobby Smith

hahaha funny u mention that. ive flooded my rooms (well more like large spills) but havent flooded my garage yet using the RO setup. i actually have the float valve sitting rite next to the rez with a sticky on it thats says "please install me lazy boomer" haha

i just tap the rez to determine the water height and always keep it goin at certain times of the day when actually filling upstairs rezs. i use timers to not forget cuz i did that once, woke up middle of the night and ran out expecting a flood. mines only a 100gal/day RO so it takes time to fill up all 200gallons.

the float valve is simple to install once u understand the concept. drill the correct sized hole wherever ud like the water level to top out at. then take apart the float valve hardware and put it thru the drilled hole and reach inside to screw the bolt bak together. before u do that u need to run the fresh RO water line into/thru the float valve then tigthen and should b good. not sure this helps but i hope it does. just fuck with it ull figure it out. the float valve will raise up level with the water as it rises and will pinch off the RO water coming in thus no more... goodluck :passingjoint:

in regards to how mine is setup;

200 gallon rez gets filled as needed. i have a submerged pump inside with pvc connector and hose clamp that allows me to hook up a plain cheap garden hose and ran it thru the gargae cieling straight into the flower room. the hose is long enough to reach both 70gall rezs in the flower room and into the other 10'x10' veg room and fill those rezs.
the submerged pump has an extension cord thats ran to a power supply and i manually plug it in. ive been too lazy to care to install the float valve, timers, or actual on/off water valves. id rec doin it now while gettin ready.
make sure the pump u choose has enough GPH and PSI to push the desired amount to the correct distance.

Lol.........it's amazing two stoners would be lazy :bong2:

Anyhow, your hose setup is basically exactly what I'd thought it was and what I plan on doing - just run an extension cord and the tubing from my main res and plug in to top off as needed.

Seems simple enough, but I'll take pics for when I fuck it up.

B

Boomer242

Final weeks of Flower...

So i need to improve my overall bud quality now that i kinda got the yield amount right. obviously i want to increase my yield but i need sum suggestions on a few things that i felt was a shortcoming in the last grow.

Ive heard lower ur room night temps in last 2 weeks of flower to help induce purpling/extra trichs?

Lower your rez water temps as low as 63* to help purpling/extra trichs?

Lower c02? how much? when?

How many dark hours before u harvest?

I know its a good amount of questions but this is an area i want to explore more and get floor feedback from real growers. these topics are not covered in any of my books. unless i sumhow missed it. im in the process of rereading all of them and a new breeders guide book.

I

Integra21

So i need to improve my overall bud quality now that i kinda got the yield amount right. obviously i want to increase my yield but i need sum suggestions on a few things that i felt was a shortcoming in the last grow.

Ive heard lower ur room night temps in last 2 weeks of flower to help induce purpling/extra trichs?

Lower your rez water temps as low as 63* to help purpling/extra trichs?

Lower c02? how much? when?

How many dark hours before u harvest?

I know its a good amount of questions but this is an area i want to explore more and get floor feedback from real growers. these topics are not covered in any of my books. unless i sumhow missed it. im in the process of rereading all of them and a new breeders guide book.
You can only control so many variables to improve potency with your grow room. Genetics is by far the most important part. No mater what you do, they can only get as good as the strain allows. Once you know you got top shelf genes, your real goal is to keep them girls in perfect health from start to finish. This definetly makes them hit their max potency. From many sources, a slightly my first hand, small amounts of uvb light supplimented helps increase thc production. The bulb is fairly cheap($20-$30) and should only be run for about an hour a day, 1 bulb per table about 2-3ft away. Having it too close or on for too long will cause abnormal plant growth. I am currently trying Humbodt SnowStorm Ultra which is a fairly cheap addative that did make the plants noticeably frostier when added to the res, but I will not know if they are actually more potent until I harvest the Blue Kush in about a month. I tried the 3 days of darkness at the end and didnt notice a difference. Keeping my temps a little lower overall(not just the end) seemed to promote healthier growth(79F instead of 85F) also lowering the amount of air on the plants seemed to have the same effect. A little backround on my fans. I have 2 8" oscillating fans that I would run 24/7 on low. One blowing above the canopy and the other blowing below in the opposite direction. With this setup, I noticed my leaves were always dull looking and tough feeling. After spending a lot of time to figure out this was caused by too much air flow I shut the upper fan off, and run the lower on on a timmer for 15min on, 45min off. My plants(all leaves) were noticeably softer, healthier, and had that nice shine to them within a 2 day period. . My room humidity also droped by 15%. I know this contradicts what a lot of people say, but it doesnt hurt to try and if it will work for you, the benefits will show in a very short amount of time and if they dont, switch back. Thats all I got Boomer, hope it helps. If you find any golden tricks, feel free to share, Im always looking for the next one.

B

Boomer242

You can only control so many variables to improve potency with your grow room. Genetics is by far the most important part. No mater what you do, they can only get as good as the strain allows. Once you know you got top shelf genes, your real goal is to keep them girls in perfect health from start to finish. This definetly makes them hit their max potency. From many sources, a slightly my first hand, small amounts of uvb light supplimented helps increase thc production. The bulb is fairly cheap($20-$30) and should only be run for about an hour a day, 1 bulb per table about 2-3ft away. Having it too close or on for too long will cause abnormal plant growth. I am currently trying Humbodt SnowStorm Ultra which is a fairly cheap addative that did make the plants noticeably frostier when added to the res, but I will not know if they are actually more potent until I harvest the Blue Kush in about a month. I tried the 3 days of darkness at the end and didnt notice a difference. Keeping my temps a little lower overall(not just the end) seemed to promote healthier growth(79F instead of 85F) also lowering the amount of air on the plants seemed to have the same effect. A little backround on my fans. I have 2 8" oscillating fans that I would run 24/7 on low. One blowing above the canopy and the other blowing below in the opposite direction. With this setup, I noticed my leaves were always dull looking and tough feeling. After spending a lot of time to figure out this was caused by too much air flow I shut the upper fan off, and run the lower on on a timmer for 15min on, 45min off. My plants(all leaves) were noticeably softer, healthier, and had that nice shine to them within a 2 day period. . My room humidity also droped by 15%. I know this contradicts what a lot of people say, but it doesnt hurt to try and if it will work for you, the benefits will show in a very short amount of time and if they dont, switch back. Thats all I got Boomer, hope it helps. If you find any golden tricks, feel free to share, Im always looking for the next one.

thanks for the insight bro. it does go against traditional theories that the air movement is very important to develop strong limbs stems etc. but the theory that it makes ur sugar top leafs raw and doesnt produce trichs does lower the potency. It makes sense in a way and i mite try it out. Im running 5 16" oscillating fans and all on high. id be curios to lower them and see what happens. thats interesting that ur RH% changed too. wat do u rec i get my RH to then? its been high for the most part; 60% sumtimes 53%
i can get it lower im sure and if i lower the room temps to 79* too im sure itll go lower. So i think im gonna try that out. the lower room temps will help lower my rez temps too.
I gotta get that damn chiller and rewire sum shit to fit it.

I

Integra21

Sounds like a plan. My theory oh the RH drop is that the heavy wind actually forces the plants to over perspire and stunts growth and all the other stuff listed above. If you are unsure of it, Just try it out on one table and observe. It wasnt an exaggeration that you should see a noticable difference in just a couple of days. The first time I did it I saw a difference in the small 12 hr lights out period. This adjusted my RH to perfection. With the fans on like crazy my rh ran slightly high, from 55%-65%. With the fan change it hovers right at 45%-50%. And if you think about it, your branches should have pleanty of support from the scrog, and we are always tring to mimic mother nature at its best, where is there a strong, constant, 24hr breeze outside?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I concur about genetics being extremely important as well as Vapor Pressure Deficit or VPD... I've posted a few links about it in my journals and coined the term Local Vapor Pressure Deficit or L-VPD to describe the effects of the strong wind over the leaves nearest the oscillating fans. :thinking Here's a quick quote for you Boomer:
A Shady Case Study: Localized Vapor Pressure Deficit (L-VPD)… :nerd

There are several factors to a successful garden… IMVHO, First is great genetics, then comes a consistent and perfect atmosphere, and with those things pH, PPM/EC, nutrient profiles, different mediums, pot size in relation to plant size, and watering/feeding intervals are all critically important variables to be adjusted based on plant response and strain requirements. Of course research, experiments, and experience usually help me to work smarter and not harder…

This is simply a brief study on VPD. I’ve mentioned Vapor Pressure Deficit before in my 3rd Round journal and provided the following link to others:And I’ve quoted the following paragraphs to summarize the concept:
For a while now, I’ve been logging photos and details of a phenomenon I’ve noticed, which appears to be a localized vapor pressure deficit, which I will dub L-VPD. Simply stated as wind speed increases across a leaf’s surface, the localized humidity drops since warm air can hold more water vapor than cool air… So if you’re garden’s ambient environment is dialed-in, you can still encounter localized VPD problems. In my situation these problems occur within the immediate vicinity of my fans. So, while my garden is dialed-in, I still have a few leaves that appear to be showing deficiencies, but are simply damaged by high L-VPD.

Alright enough talk, let’s look at some photos. I’ll start with a lower canopy leaf, of a Master x Bubba, in the middle of the tray. This looks healthy…
:cool

Top Bottom