BREAKING NEWS: California Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Tomorrow!

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Man this shit scares me i rather it stay the way things are than them putting these restrictions on mmj...honestly Tax and regulate is not the way to go ....there going to limit peoples grow size , the age at which you can smoke, who can commercially grow legally, tax the shit out of it ....there going to turn it into a government cash cow

i totally agree with you i hope they dont tax and regulate that sounds CRAZY!!!!:character0110:

T

Thallamus

We are moving forward in this social topic and that, tax or no tax, is a good thing. The more the masses are educated about the positive effects of mj, then the more we can make sensible regultaions and laws.
-T

B

biotechbill

I'm astounded that so many are bitching about taxes and regulations! Taxes and regulation beat the hell out of loss of property, liberty and the pursuit of happiness any day. As mentioned previously, what about all the hapless souls behind prison bars? This is definitely a step in the right direction!!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I'm astounded that so many are bitching about taxes and regulations! Taxes and regulation beat the hell out of loss of property, liberty and the pursuit of happiness any day. As mentioned previously, what about all the hapless souls behind prison bars? This is definitely a step in the right direction!!

Good point.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Anyone hear what happened today at the hearing?

S

Sweet Leaf

Yesterday’s testimony by supporters and foes of Assembly Bill 390, an act to tax and regulate marijuana in California, is now posted on the web at the following URLs:

Part I -
Part II -
Part III -

I still can't believe Schwarzenegger isn't behind this bill. Here it is straight from his mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqep14L2f7k

H

H3LLB0Y

OR there will be some much that the prices will drop through the floor. then people wont want to grow because it wont be as valuable - back and forth until the market stabilizes.

B

biotechbill

OR there will be some much that the prices will drop through the floor. then people wont want to grow because it wont be as valuable - back and forth until the market stabilizes.
I don't try to make wine or beer, because I appreciate good wine and/or beer, and the wine and beer you can buy at the store is so much better than what I could make at home.

With that being said; I'm curious to see what will hit the shelves if weed is legalized.

H

headband707

legalization in cali has nothin to due with ending violence, prohibition, non violent prisoners, or anything else but the dollar, plain and simple, state is broke dick, and needs the influx of cash that MJ will bring asap.

they could care fuckin less about anything else.

CBF

I'm going to have to disagree with part of what your saying here as I see it you guys have lots of violence from the herb and guns in the US and the price that it has become. Ppl will go through amazingly stupid things to get thier hands on good herbs:character0110: . Mix that with the guns and you have yourself a big fucking problem. I'm not saying your not going to solve the other problems because of pot being legal. We had pot legal here and nothing changed. Things didn't become more violent or less. Your being fed a bunch of shit by your Gov. . I for one don't trust a word the (GOV.)says nor do I trust them being in the marijuana business. Peace out Headband707:smiley_joint:

S

sinlassemilla

i love you

Money..Big money...Thats what its all about.

lets say its legal...well there will be a rush to patient all the strains..

then big pharma starts MASS PRODUCTION!!

MOM an pop seed company's will be run over by all the huge commercial seed companys...

huge cali plantations...with super security..

time to get your degree and apply fora job in this new industry...
you rule. vote no everyone

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm going to have to disagree with part of what your saying here as I see it you guys have lots of violence from the herb and guns in the US and the price that it has become. Ppl will go through amazingly stupid things to get thier hands on good herbs:character0110: . Mix that with the guns and you have yourself a big fucking problem. I'm not saying your not going to solve the other problems because of pot being legal. We had pot legal here and nothing changed. Things didn't become more violent or less. Your being fed a bunch of shit by your Gov. . I for one don't trust a word the (GOV.)says nor do I trust them being in the marijuana business. Peace out Headband707:smiley_joint:
hell yeah i'm with you bro F@#$ THE GOV AND THE FEDS cant trust them!!!

H

headband707

The problem here is we are going to have to come up with some sort of solution because they way things are going now it's not so great with the drug dealers and the clubs making killer bucks when they shouldn't be... So someone will have to figure something out just not the Gov. I trust them like I trust a Lawyer or a Bank lol NOT AT ALL lol lol.. So it has to be an unbias source for distibution. For both sick and healthy ppl Peace out Headband707;)

M

mary jane

Yesterday’s testimony by supporters and foes of Assembly Bill 390, an act to tax and regulate marijuana in California, is now posted on the web at the following URLs:

Part I -
Part II -
Part III -

I still can't believe Schwarzenegger isn't behind this bill. Here it is straight from his mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqep14L2f7k

Thanks for the links sweet leaf! I think deep down he is for legalization.

N

No1s Wifey

It's pretty damn sad everyone is talking about legalization for the benefit of tax revenue, alone. Not the fact that people are imprisoned. I guess whatever the reason is, it's better off legalized.

Thank you for saying that! Non-Violent drug offenders make up the majority of beds in prisons! As long as prisons are for profit things will merely shift.

Legalizing and taxing and regulating is the only fair thing to do.

Paranoia is a fine thing but big pharma is not looking to grow plants to patent them! Sativex and Marinol shows the direction they will be taking.

I have no problem with xyz company growing fields of great cannabis under tight security. I also would have no problem with everyday growers forming a co-op and growing more and better cannabis then they could alone!

Nationwide just the re implementation of hemp would be a boom to the economy. But legal would not circumvent medical. So that the medical grower should not be affected!

I understand peoples suspicion. But, sold correctly, like produce (Where there is locally grown produce people prefer that and often pay more for locally grown organic produce!) I think a legal cannabis could do the better good and that even if "I" am somewhat negatively affected, the better good is served and who am I, in that scheme of things.

I wish you well, Californians but unfortunately if this is passed tomorrow, I will still be a criminal. And with the years and fight it took just to repeal the Rockefeller drug laws (the most glaringly racist and unjust anti-drug law ever written) I don't have much faith in the federal gov't doing anything like that in my lifetime!

Legalization is not the be all end all, ultimate fix it for the drug war and civilization. But to me, it's a step in the right direction, an even-ing of the playing field and a removal of a stigma imposed because of a racist and ignorant campaign. The futility of (alcohol) prohibition is obvious, yet prohibition is alive and well and no-one seems to notice. IF as they stated on This Week (this week) we could pay for HEALTHCARE by repealing prohibition and taxing cannabis, it seems a no-brainer!

Until you remember where you are. In puritanical ignorant america where +50 of the people believe we literally came here on an ark with 2 of each species!
(Who brought the cannabis cutting?)

B

biotechbill

VOTE NOOOOOOO:sign0055:

Vote No?? That’s ridiculous.

Of course the motive for the government is money, but why in the world would anybody vote “no” toward the decriminalization of MJ?

If MJ was decriminalized, then eventually there would no persecution of individuals whom wanted to grow bud for themselves.

Case in point, during prohibition of alcohol the feds raided gin joints and distilleries on a regular basis, but since the legalization of alcohol, when was the last time you heard of anyone getting busted for brewing their own beer, making wine, or moonshine?

I have to think that any grower that voted no on the decriminalization of weed has their own alternative motive. My guess, they fear loosing a source of revenue to large corporations likely to grow and distribute bud.

In my opinion, this fear is unwarranted, and the production of MJ should be compared to the wine and beer industry, in that, there are small wineries galore throughout the US. Small growers whom have a knack for growing buds would eventually be allowed to set up their own little farm, and customers would flock to these farms for high quality bud, just as they flock to wineries for high quality wine.

For this, and a plethora of other reasons already mentioned, If you get a chance to vote, then vote yes.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
It's interesting how many people on here are not even from Cali. I like to hear opinions from people who this doesn't directly effect.

A

andy107

Im very anit-gov, you really cant trust a damn thing they say but i think it should be legal and yes if it is legalized corporate America will be in it for the all mighty dollar. But i would rather see them make money off herb than making it off killing people ie. war, cigarettes etc.

And the fact that our country houses 25% of the worlds prisoners is just ridiculous! dont put people in prison for an ounce of weed!! LEGALIZE!

Top Bottom