Cannabis Cup LA 2014

• Thread starter Roskito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
that is so cool, i also worked in a fish store when i was 15 yrs old. ive been keeping fish for over 30 years and i just recently set up my 300 gal freshwater planted tank with hundreds of tetras and various community fish. i also keep a peacock mantis shrimp in a small salt water species tank. at one time i had over 1000 gals. of fish tanks in my house. its what has taught me to build small environments for living things and have them grow large. ive been keeping fish since i was 9 yrs old. my biggest fish was a 40 lbs black pacu and a 28 lbs redtail catfish both were over 36" ive had them all from all over the world. im getting ready to set up a 60 gal. saltwater reef tank with no fish only inverts and corals. ill snap some pictures of my tanks when i get back from the cup.the aquarium hobby has given me a head start into growing cannabis , and that saying "a hungry fish is a healthy fish" has been a very helpful quote. i also use that saying for my diet as well. fasting is a great tool for health and more people should use this tool to back away from the buffet!!!!! its all about healthy living and moderation. stay healthy farmers im going to the cup now, digdug!!

mr roboto

mr roboto

that is so cool, i also worked in a fish store when i was 15 yrs old. ive been keeping fish for over 30 years and i just recently set up my 300 gal freshwater planted tank with hundreds of tetras and various community fish. i also keep a peacock mantis shrimp in a small salt water species tank. at one time i had over 1000 gals. of fish tanks in my house. its what has taught me to build small environments for living things and have them grow large. ive been keeping fish since i was 9 yrs old. my biggest fish was a 40 lbs black pacu and a 28 lbs redtail catfish both were over 36" ive had them all from all over the world. im getting ready to set up a 60 gal. saltwater reef tank with no fish only inverts and corals. ill snap some pictures of my tanks when i get back from the cup.the aquarium hobby has given me a head start into growing cannabis , and that saying "a hungry fish is a healthy fish" has been a very helpful quote. i also use that saying for my diet as well. fasting is a great tool for health and more people should use this tool to back away from the buffet!!!!! its all about healthy living and moderation. stay healthy farmers im going to the cup now, digdug!!
I just recently ended my saltwater reef tank hobby kuz of farming but SPS tank is the only way to go!!! everything else is too easy, Ive also been keeping everything from piranahs to blue ring octopus and hundreds of other fish in the last 30 years and NOTHING ever dies !! wtf ......farming is a lot more challenging or me .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah my mother bought here house in walnut in the royal vista golf course community off colima for $150k in the 80s if you can believe that you wouldn't believe the value now and with the Buddhist moving in they offer alot more than current market value...puente hills mall remember showboat before it was speed zone remember the old theatres there were two before the amc 30 showed up. I remember when they built the McDonald's on Colima and fairway it was just a dirt lot was a big deal. I haven't been to puente hills mall in maybe a decade is it really that ghetto? Used to be a decent pick up spot for your boy back in jr high lol.
Oh yeah! It's really that ghetto, they have security officers, armed, roaming the parking lots it's gotten so bad out there. Go to Brea Mall, instead.
When my folks bought in LHH, 1974, they paid $72K for a place with a view. They're still there, but have to sell because they can't afford upkeep any more (they lost a lot from their retirement accounts when the economy crashed), I'm pretty sure they're going to move to their place out in Yucca Valley. They love the desert, always have. I can leave it for them.
No shit! So... you're gonna laugh--my husband and I met online, on a marine fishkeeping forum. Back at the end of '02. He was a hobbyist, I was a former industry gal with a back injury acquired at another job.

I had to take the job to support my saltwater habit, and how I got the job was a real hoot, too. I started out getting some goldfish and a baby koi for my newborn son because he came home from the hospital (a week in NICU) with an upper respiratory infection, so he always had to be kind of sitting up. I thought, "How boring to be stuck like that!" so I got a 10gal tank and the fish.

Within 2yrs, I'd gone from goldies, to FW tropicals, to fish-only marine, to my homemade reef setup, complete with a T. derasa that did great til I added some LR with, you guessed it, a mantis shrimp, SPS and LPS corals, softies of course--all lit with a big-ass bank of shop lights that I mixed. Back then manufacturers didn't give you many specifications for lighting, so I would call them on the phone to get the specs, that's how I did it.

BY FAR, my favorite jobs have all been fish-jobs. I'm not sure if my favorite was working at the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific, because I split my time between the coral lab and the staff vet and that cat had NO sense of humor, plus I don't really care for working with otters, sea lions, penguins and that kinda shit, but because of my horse background I had the mettle and the skills to work with a variety of animals and he needed that. He also needed a happy pill I think. Anyway... my favorite places there were the coral lab, both in the QT area and the public display, and also feeding the Pacific kelp exhibit at the front. But then wholesale is also SO MUCH FUN! I mean, hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of tanks, all full of fishes, inverts, plants, all kinds of life.

You ever been to 104th in LA? Do you know the name Bob Fenner?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit, maybe we could start up a farmers & fishkeepers club. Whaddaya think? Dave and I have been talking more seriously about doing a discus tank, the only problem being we don't agree on how to do it. He wants a species tank, I want a biotope. I ALWAYS want a biotope!

mr roboto

mr roboto

Shit, maybe we could start up a farmers & fishkeepers club. Whaddaya think? Dave and I have been talking more seriously about doing a discus tank, the only problem being we don't agree on how to do it. He wants a species tank, I want a biotope. I ALWAYS want a biotope!
A biotope tank will be better for the discus .....those guys need the soft water and try to mimic their natural enviroment for the health of discus....sounds like your husband would like a mixed african cichlid tank and pack the hell out of it....hella nice looking , lots of movement and regular dechlorinated hard tap water .....oh and prob extra tanks for the babies!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I love my Africans, he doesn't get excited at all about them. My stance? Hardiest, most colorful, most intelligent FW fish I've ever had the pleasure of keeping. I LOVE the dwarves, especially the Tanganyikans.

However! I've never seen Victorian cichlids because it's been that long since I worked the trade (my last job in the trade was the late 90s).

I know a guy who insists that discus will do just fine long term in a barebottom tank all by themselves. However, his focus is on breeding babies for sale to the trade. I don't want to mess around with that living in a place like this. If I lived in SoCal again? Yeah, sure! Hell, I'd be growing out coral frags if I lived down there because I'd have great access to everything I need. Up here I have access to water and electricity, everything else is far away, including the specimens.

A biotope tank is better for the missus. ;)

mr roboto

mr roboto

I love my Africans, he doesn't get excited at all about them. My stance? Hardiest, most colorful, most intelligent FW fish I've ever had the pleasure of keeping. I LOVE the dwarves, especially the Tanganyikans.

However! I've never seen Victorian cichlids because it's been that long since I worked the trade (my last job in the trade was the late 90s).

I know a guy who insists that discus will do just fine long term in a barebottom tank all by themselves. However, his focus is on breeding babies for sale to the trade. I don't want to mess around with that living in a place like this. If I lived in SoCal again? Yeah, sure! Hell, I'd be growing out coral frags if I lived down there because I'd have great access to everything I need. Up here I have access to water and electricity, everything else is far away, including the specimens.

A biotope tank is better for the missus. ;)
In all honesty the fish that I will never forget is my old redtail catfish Larry...that think was so freakin smart, always smiling and hungry. That think would only want to be hand fed the thing was very dog like.....I ended up moving and leaving him with an old girlfriend and he died from a bad water heater thermostat.......she cried for a month! lol

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

LoL! I Love fish, to eat and take care for. I have goldfish and a turtle which I tend to, my goldfish are quite big for starting as feeders. I didn't have the heart to feed them to my turtle

TokinWhiteGuy

TokinWhiteGuy

Enjoying the event! We've already been to a few booths and all I can say is....DAMN!!

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Was good time picked up some GG4 flowers and two teens some bog genetics got to have a meet alot of awesome people talked to ken Estes for a good long while I had a blast soo much free hash,wax, edibles being placed in my hands it wasn't even funny soo much fun thinking about going back today :wideyed:

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
I didn't go...I'm straight on genetics and not much into mobs of people but I almost went when I heard OGR was there but then I heard he had zero new genetics??? Hasn't he been saying for over a year he's having a new drop? Anyone know exactly what he had?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, sounds like so much fun!
LoL! I Love fish, to eat and take care for. I have goldfish and a turtle which I tend to, my goldfish are quite big for starting as feeders. I didn't have the heart to feed them to my turtle
Feeders, aka pond comets, can live for decades and become truly pan fryer sized.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh DAMN you've got some fish..! Mad, well, respect, @respect

Those are beauties. Oh my God. How much time have you spent collecting them? I wish I could figure out how to split this thread. D'oh!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

The Cup was off the chain!!! So much so see and smoke, I was overwhelmed for the most part. I didn't stay all night but cause I was burnt. I heard Raskal was about but didn't see him. I did have a talk with Ken Estes, bought the BOG catalog and met some great peeps (not sure I met any THC farmers tho) See anyone who's out today for day 2.
Wow, sounds like so much fun!

Feeders, aka pond comets, can live for decades and become truly pan fryer sized.
Yum!!

EVOKE

EVOKE

Ill be heading back to the cup today forgot to get a few goodies... gonna stop by and talk with exoticgenetix cant turn down free herb..... i also grew up in hacienda hts.. wilson high was acrss the street... also grew up in chino the smell of fresh manure in the winter mornings priceless....

Latest posts

Top Bottom