CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

This week’s update. Two weeks in. Good thing I put that Runtz Wreck in by itself. It has completely filled that four by four by itself. Large genetics for sure!View attachment 1346411View attachment 1346412
Dem ladies look like they busting out their seams 🤗
So stoked to hear about how that run smokes out. Trainwreck is well, a fkin a wicked good Trainwreck of a strain but Runtz hit the scene recently in comparison and reviews have been off the charts. Manning people I've seen grow runtz or crosses of it have been more than happy. Amount of negative I've heard on Runtz, zero

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Dem ladies look like they busting out their seams 🤗
So stoked to hear about how that run smokes out. Trainwreck is well, a fkin a wicked good Trainwreck of a strain but Runtz hit the scene recently in comparison and reviews have been off the charts. Manning people I've seen grow runtz or crosses of it have been more than happy. Amount of negative I've heard on Runtz, zero
This was a clone, gift from a friend. She loves that stuff! All I can say as large as the clone turned out, can you imagine the seed? This one would need to be sent to an early flower just simply because of size. Has a darn nice smell too!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

How cool! You know those doves are lifelong mates? I have several pairs here, I feed too. They eat black sunflower and wild bird seed.
My Grandfather called them rain crows, they do indeed predict an incoming shower. I have learned to mimic their call and they will answer me! Thrills the chit outta me. I’m easily entertained 🙂
We have an invasive buzzard that has shown up here and it’s causing livestock farmers hell. The turkey buzzards are the ones that are indigenous to our area.
Thanks for sharing the vids!
Just had a dove stuck in my chimney of my wood stove, got the pipe off and she let me pick her up and bring her back to her tree, we feed them every day, she found her mate again so we’re happy, we have 2 pairs alone one has a nest in our corner of our home (log cabin corner) even have a camera pointed at where they all eat with cardinals and bluejays, and squirrels and chipmunks 😂 we feed everything. we throw them whole peanuts in the shell and have a picky blue jay that will go shell by shell till she finds the ones she likes . then today we had a shit ton of turkey vultures out back

Don’t mind my wife talking in the video 😂

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

How cool! You know those doves are lifelong mates? I have several pairs here, I feed too. They eat black sunflower and wild bird seed.
My Grandfather called them rain crows, they do indeed predict an incoming shower. I have learned to mimic their call and they will answer me! Thrills the chit outta me. I’m easily entertained 🙂
We have an invasive buzzard that has shown up here and it’s causing livestock farmers hell. The turkey buzzards are the ones that are indigenous to our area.
Thanks for sharing the vids!
We used to have a few here. Make quite the noise some days. But over the years squirrels kept taking over the pine tree they nested it.

I can reach the tree and nest sites from the second floor window and pull down the nests but the squirrels come back every few years.

Found open robin eggs last year so I hope they come back again. They like to follow me around the garden.

Tremojem

Tremojem

One late afternoon about 2 years ago, my wife and I were on our patio enjoying the birds and each others company. My wife had a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon sitting on the table in front of us.

We both went inside to make some snacks to take back to the patio. We returned to the patio and sat back down at the table and began snacking and giggling as one does when happy with life and one another.

My wife reached for the glass of wine, put it to her lips and paused. She immediately put it down and screamed "what the hell".

Inside the glass, sitting at the bottom was what we think was a Murder Hornet. Now, let's not get excited here. I know that's preposterous and highly unlikely, but we aren't authorities on the subject, so forgive my ignorance. Might have been a European Hornet, or NE Cicada Killer, but it most resembles a Murder Hornet.

My apologies for not having pictures readily available. But, I purge images from my phone every year or so. I have them on a hard drive somewhere, so I can get them...just not this minute.

Anyway, suffice to say it was terrifyingly huge and quite amazing. We have never seen anything like it before or since that day.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Good morning people, and our host CG.

Crazy...slushy rainy wet yuk yesterday. Woke up at 6am but just noticed now that it’s 9:30am and 10*c and sunny out!

Thought we were getting more rain and wet snow today so this is nice. Might open a window, let some of the cabin fever out. 🤣

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Good morning people, and our host CG.

Crazy...slushy rainy wet yuk yesterday. Woke up at 6am but just noticed now that it’s 9:30am and 10*c and sunny out!

Thought we were getting more rain and wet snow today so this is nice. Might open a window, let some of the cabin fever out. 🤣
Mornin Zen!
All is good here, but it sure was havoc going on around us. I could hear the “train” coming through the valley as the storm hit forty miles away. All in all a pretty unsettling eve/night. This morning the sun is shining and the wind is screaming. A lot went south of us to create a tornado that had a path three hundred and fifty miles wide!

MDK

MDK

@ flood stage around here today over six inches dropped in the past nine hours. Not calling for a let up until tomorrow.
Great day to pop some seeds, make some chili and have a nice long nap while the rain beats on my metal roof! 🥰
I got flooded in 2019 had like 4ft in my main level for over 100 days....you catch any flooding in your neck of the woods granny?

Sorry to butt in lol....happy Saturday morning everyone...hope yall got your Saturday morning cartoons on and a bowl packed!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I got flooded in 2019 had like 4ft in my main level for over 100 days....you catch any flooding in your neck of the woods granny?

Sorry to butt in lol....happy Saturday morning everyone...hope yall got your Saturday morning cartoons on and a bowl packed!
Morning MDK!
Always welcome to butt in! In answer to your question, it floods all the way around us. I live three miles east from the Current river and three miles from the west to the Jacks Fork river. So while I don’t deal with home flooding, we do deal with being flooded in. Normally it goes down pretty quickly within a day or so. So we just keep a stocked pantry and a generator.
My life is a cartoon! But, I do have a bowl packed! Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Morning MDK!
Always welcome to butt in! In answer to your question, it floods all the way around us. I live three miles east from the Current river and three miles from the west to the Jacks Fork river. So while I don’t deal with home flooding, we do deal with being flooded in. Normally it goes down pretty quickly within a day or so. So we just keep a stocked pantry and a generator.
My life is a cartoon! But, I do have a bowl packed! Lol
Gday to you all, we had snow here last night too but just 2" and rain this afternoon.....I had my bowl and this is my favorite cartoon channel.....or a YT squirrel video for my cats.....as I roll J3

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Morning @CannaGranny and CGs Corner mates 👐
Hah boy did I tie one on a wee bit last night 😄🤕
Bae and I going dry for a month or so starting manana.
At one point I was trying to chat with @RootsRuler about crypto trading and I went to try to look at my charts and damn near threw up 🤡😆
Feel better meow and tis beautiful day. Just have to figure out if should water my ladies for their 1st time today or not 🤔
Make it a great day out there 🤗

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

At one point I was trying to chat with @RootsRuler about crypto trading and I went to try to look at my charts and damn near threw up 🤡😆
Feel better meow and tis beautiful day. Just have to figure out if should water my ladies for their 1st time today or not 🤔
Laughing with you sir, not at you. 😝

TSD

TSD

I drank two margaritas last night and smoked many joints and today I need to nap... getting old man lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom