CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tremojem

Tremojem

Yes, RootsRuler thats the one. I was searching under Grotek. But its Growtek (GrowtekUSA)! Nice detective work.

I like the Tomato Crater Watering Ring. That is a clever device for hand watering.

Screenshot 20230402 042811 Instagram
Tremojem

Tremojem

Here is where I saw it first...https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcfwKeHjgaY/?igshid=ZWZhZTRhOWQ=
I cannot find the website and when I do I get this...

Screenshot 20230402 044528 Chrome
Tremojem

Tremojem

My apologies. I do not know how to properly post pics, links and such. This requires me to post several times to get my messages across. I will improve though. It might be my lack of sleep. Went to bed at midnight and up at four. WTF?!

Anyway, I originally saw it on the YouTube channel for Highigan. The only thing I could find online for GrowtekUSA, was Instagram.

I recommend going to Instagram and checking out GrowtekUSA, if you are interested in this type of auto drip system.

The videos are pretty cool, and the system looks right on.

I dont know anything about them or any of their products and do not support or recommend them.

Just to check for yourself if you are interested.

For me it seemed like a well thought out system with some interesting approaches to auto drip systems with the components and phone app, etc.

Again...I know nothing about them, or their system or components or anything...sorry.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is more in line as to what I'm looking for...

What I'm looking for is something I can use to hand feed without having to wait for the water to soak into the soil. I can dump a quart of solution into the dish and the holes will meter it out where I want it.

The rings are for when I have to leave and turn on the auto irrigate. I have some DIY rings that work fine but I have to install them prior to the plant getting too big to get a ring around it. The ones with a space to pass the trunk through are what I'm looking for in that aspect.

@Tremojem - These are what you're talking about right?

View attachment 1346812
This is more in line as to what I'm looking for...

What I'm looking for is something I can use to hand feed without having to wait for the water to soak into the soil. I can dump a quart of solution into the dish and the holes will meter it out where I want it.

The rings are for when I have to leave and turn on the auto irrigate. I have some DIY rings that work fine but I have to install them prior to the plant getting too big to get a ring around it. The ones with a space to pass the trunk through are what I'm looking for in that aspect.

@Tremojem - These are what you're talking about right?

View attachment 1346812
Yikes $23 USA = $35 Cdn......I like the idea of Dollar Store Soaker hoses @ $1.99Cdn better....
4 x 2 = $8.... 4 x $35 = NFW

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I do that with the water barrel spigot and a black weeping hose for the outside garden should be fine for indoor if you can stop when watered.
I intend on adding 4 gal of water/feed into my 5 gal bucket then prime the hoses so they're all full then turn them on so they're just leaking out....when the water/ feed runs out they're done. No reservoir to speak of water will only be added to the bucket when its water/feed time.

steamroller

steamroller

I would mark the bucket at 1g intervals and feed the plants 1 at a time until they get their dose.
With all 4 open you really don't know if they all get the same amount. That would require testing with buckets to catch and measure each hose and then leaving the spigot set at the proper levels for even/consistent pours in the future.
My guess is that the shortest hose drains water faster.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I intend on adding 4 gal of water/feed into my 5 gal bucket then prime the hoses so they're all full then turn them on so they're just leaking out....when the water/ feed runs out they're done. No reservoir to speak of water will only be added to the bucket when its water/feed time.
So a huge drip feed with gravity as the pump. Should be okay and even feeding but clogging seems a worry.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I would mark the bucket at 1g intervals and feed the plants 1 at a time until they get their dose.
With all 4 open you really don't know if they all get the same amount. That would require testing with buckets to catch and measure each hose and then leaving the spigot set at the proper levels for even/consistent pours in the future.
My guess is that the shortest hose drains water faster.
Ya I was thinking that as well, The soaker hose has an end cap so I think I can once I prime the line it should all come out at the same speed, if not I can adjust the valves to set their flow rate......I'll know tomorrow how well it'll work. I gave it a test run and it poured out pretty well but I didn't have it set up in the pots. They need feeding tomorrow am..I'll need a few parts to attach soaker hoses, I can get all I need Tuesday

steamroller

steamroller

I would think the soaker hose would need pressure also.
Ones I have used were slow when hooked up to my water supply with municipal water pressure.
🤷‍♂️
Again, I will say without a pump I think distribution will be very uneven.
Interested to see if this works how you want PC.👍

MDK

MDK

Ones I have used were slow when hooked up to my water supply with municipal water pressure.
🤷‍♂️
If you had something like one of those 6 or 8 person beer bongs that keep beers separate....except bigger...that would be ideal....even just a separate gravity reservoir for each plant...put like a gallon in each and leave

TSD

TSD

🤷‍♂️
Yes this is correct, I use drip hoses outside sometimes when I want a nice thorough soaking, the far end always comes out at a much slower rate than the end closest to the spigot due to the loss of pressure as it goes down the line. I'm not sure drip hoses would work at all without pressure to be honest.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I think without a pump the rings will be very hit and miss.
If gravity feed is what you are going to do then I like these way better.
760515-01.jpg
Who makes those plates? That's the plate I'd like to use for the next grow. I can make a ring that feeds each section of the plate so that I get a nice even water over the entire media!!!

One of the reasons I decided on using a drip head to distribute the feed was because I could adjust the volume of water based on the time I set the timer to keep the pump on for. This way I have even water pressure up to the drip head and it gets metered out by the adjustments I make dialing in the amount of water I want that individual plant to have. Most people would leave it there and let it cruise to finish, and I did that on my last grow out of necessity, but I can also tailor the volume of water being delivered to each pot depending on it's growth stage and it's water needs.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Who makes those plates? That's the plate I'd like to use for the next grow. I can make a ring that feeds each section of the plate so that I get a nice even water over the entire media!!!
Floraflex makes them.
I got them at my grow supply store.
They are grouped with and most commonly used for hydro ,but I used them from grow #1 over my soil in 5g pots.
They allowed me to pour water faster and still have even distribution. I paid maybe $4 each.
They make square also for wool guys or people with square pots .
b0664beb50d377d0e97d7b4d35c83d34.jpg

They really work and are easily installed removed at any stage of grow.

Tremojem

Tremojem

Yes, I agree. Gravity feed may actually be less reliable.

Even distribution is important if more than one plant is inline.

RootsRuler, not sure if the Floraflex is for you or not...

Without flooding this post with too many videos, here is the website where I found MANY options for irrigation...

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Floraflex makes them.
I got them at my grow supply store.
They are grouped with and most commonly used for hydro ,but I used them from grow #1 over my soil in 5g pots.
They allowed me to pour water faster and still have even distribution. I paid maybe $4 each.
They make square also for wool guys or people with square pots .
b0664beb50d377d0e97d7b4d35c83d34.jpg

They really work and are easily installed removed at any stage of grow.
Exactly what I've been looking for!! Thanks Steamroller!!! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom