• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes this is correct, I use drip hoses outside sometimes when I want a nice thorough soaking, the far end always comes out at a much slower rate than the end closest to the spigot due to the loss of pressure as it goes down the line. I'm not sure drip hoses would work at all without pressure to be honest.
I'm thinking that I'd need to seal the end of the soaker hose so the pressure is applied through the weight of the water and if I adjust the flow at the valve I should be able to control the flow through each hose.

I don't spend very long watering my pots, I'll put in 1/3 gallon water / food in 3 times as quickly as it is gone from the top I'll flood it again, If it leaks out the side or quickly goes to the bottom so be it, I make sure my pots are well saturated before I'm done and I'll suck up anything left in the trays after they sit for a bit

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I'm thinking that I'd need to seal the end of the soaker hose so the pressure is applied through the weight of the water and if I adjust the flow at the valve I should be able to control the flow through each hose.

I don't spend very long watering my pots, I'll put in 1/3 gallon water / food in 3 times as quickly as it is gone from the top I'll flood it again, If it leaks out the side or quickly goes to the bottom so be it, I make sure my pots are well saturated before I'm done and I'll suck up anything left in the trays after they sit for a bit
I loop the hose in a U around the ground plants so they get it on both sides the first plant is beside the beginning and end of the hose. The rest are in between. Never really checked if it was even watering as it’s only a 6’ or 8’ area with 3 or 4 plants.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I got flooded in 2019 had like 4ft in my main level for over 100 days....you catch any flooding in your neck of the woods granny?

Sorry to butt in lol....happy Saturday morning everyone...hope yall got your Saturday morning cartoons on and a bowl packed!
I'm a day late and a bunch of dollars short but I heard "Saturday morning cartoons" 🤗 and always think of this song.
This was my dj at Club 411 in Tempe in the late 90s when tended bar there. He went on to become pretty big but not like I Ryan Raddon (KASKADE). Went to HS with him and it is crazy how famous he became/is.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yes, I agree. Gravity feed may actually be less reliable.

Even distribution is important if more than one plant is inline.

RootsRuler, not sure if the Floraflex is for you or not...

Without flooding this post with too many videos, here is the website where I found MANY options for irrigation...

The plates will do what I need them to do and the price is right!! I have the delivery system to the pots well in hand. It's once they're their that I have more issues with getting an even media drench. These plates should do that for me.

You'll laugh but I've been playing around with cheap plastic plant drip pans to see if I could make the same plate that is already made.

The entire system is really nice and had I not already had the one I have I probably would have gone with the entire Matrix system but the plates are the last piece of the puzzle for me.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Hello... anyone home... CG...

The thread made it to the end of the current topic list. Sacrilege!

Bump to the top.

So the last time I used public transit, a long time ago, I was on the subway.m/underground.

I was tired at the end of a long day supporting an overseas client. A little grumpy and hungry.

I saw an open seat in the corner near a door but it had an open Sun newspaper on it. I thought fuck it and sat down.

A few stops later a woman asks if I’m done with the newspaper. I look up at her and after a minute I stand up, say no, flip a page and sit down again. 🤣

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Morning all!
All is good in the woods hood! Spent the day yesterday at the range, teaching my Daughter to do wind calls. She will be taking my place in tactical as I move on up into open. I need a protege to cause the men probs 😂
Wishing all a good day and ripe buds! 🥰

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Morning all!
All is good in the woods hood! Spent the day yesterday at the range, teaching my Daughter to do wind calls. She will be taking my place in tactical as I move on up into open. I need a protege to cause the men probs 😂
Now I know how Willow feels when I come home. 🤣

K

Kopper1013

Morning all!
How or what was the best way you learned to call wind, very interested in learning this to achieve future precision goals

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

How or what was the best way you learned to call wind, very interested in learning this to achieve future precision goals
Start With a book called The Wind Book For Rifle Shooters by Linda K Miller. This will give you the roots. Learn your winds, left to right, right to left, crosswind, switching winds head and tail winds. Pretty self explanatory what a hard right to left will do, push your shot hard to the left. A head wind causes a low shot, a tailwind causes a lift.
Yesterday, I had a hard right to left blow. To get in the X with a r to l screaming wind I had to hold a right nine. Bam dead on center X.
Learn to read and call proper positions of the flags. Correlate that with mirage reading and you have all the keys.
Practice and patience is the key. Good luck!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I am not afraid 🤣😂 They slink around behind me at the range and watch when I shoot, and I mess with them bad! Lol Love ‘em all, great bunch of guys, but I don’t give ‘em an inch.
This is the guy that beat Don Johnson years ago at a contest by getting in his head. Then the heiress did it to him. 🤣
Good man. Photography is his thing now.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

This is the guy that beat Don Johnson years ago at a contest by getting in his head. Then the heiress did it to him. 🤣
Good man. Photography is his thing now.

Lot of people I used to ride with either gone or just kind of faded off over the years now that I think about it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am not afraid 🤣😂 They slink around behind me at the range and watch when I shoot, and I mess with them bad! Lol Love ‘em all, great bunch of guys, but I don’t give ‘em an inch.
Hey folks I just wanted to say my watering system works perfectly. Only thing is there's a bit left over that won't flow out so I have to turkey baster it out. Im still going to get soaker hoses and try to wrap the pot with them.... its a much better result than my washing machine BBQ event'

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey folks I just wanted to say my watering system works perfectly. Only thing is there's a bit left over that won't flow out so I have to turkey baster it out. Im still going to get soaker hoses and try to wrap the pot with them.... its a much better result than my washing machine BBQ event'
@PipeCarver
A washing machine BBQ event??? Do tell! I swear PC you keep me laughing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom