Catdaddy's "heading in a new direction" grow log.

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wbwidow

Wbwidow

I got 6 out of 8 to throw tails. The other 2 1 is open but nothing and the other is just closed.
I tried opening up a seed a couple times once with a razor going along the seam and tried squeezing. I would recommend the razor/scalpel approach if you do try that.

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey brother, you can try a razor but be easy as you dont want to cut its heart out..lol run a razor right along the sharp edge of the bean, just try to puncture the shell. not cut it. strategic slice is the key. ive also used my girls emery board,nail file etc to lightly sand the edge where it would normally pop at. i have done this with sucsess a couple times, so dont give up yet bro. good luck

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

lol, thanks man. i doubt that's the case, but good to see that you have a sense of humor and can enjoy others' threads as much as yours.
you know i got to ask, which is which? the 2 that are on the outside come from the same x and the one in the middle is a different x. i was thinking, well hoping that the 2 big ones might be whitefire and the small one white rom.
i know it might be a little hard to distinguish which x is which from veg shots, but figured i ask anyway.
View attachment 297613
the 1 on the left looks like the white rom, tell me if she splits into 2 top colas on her own. center looks like og leaner watch her she may be a superstar & right looks like regular kushy indica dom wifi. just my opinion.

catdaddy

catdaddy

I got 6 out of 8 to throw tails. The other 2 1 is open but nothing and the other is just closed.
I tried opening up a seed a couple times once with a razor going along the seam and tried squeezing. I would recommend the razor/scalpel approach if you do try that.
shit you're doing better than i am. worst case scenario, the other beans i was going to gift to someone is going to have to take a swim. i'll just make it up with another x.

hey brother, you can try a razor but be easy as you dont want to cut its heart out..lol run a razor right along the sharp edge of the bean, just try to puncture the shell. not cut it. strategic slice is the key. ive also used my girls emery board,nail file etc to lightly sand the edge where it would normally pop at. i have done this with sucsess a couple times, so dont give up yet bro. good luck
thanks for the advise, will try on a couple before i pop the rest to see if that's the reason the first set didn't pop. tbh, if these were a regular pack of beans, i would have just scrap them by now, but for a buck sixty a pack i can't see myself not trying something before i consider them duds.

the 1 on the left looks like the white rom, tell me if she splits into 2 top colas on her own. center looks like og leaner watch her she may be a superstar & right looks like regular kushy indica dom wifi. just my opinion.
GRod, thanks for your analysis. from the sounds of things i got 2 White Roms and a single Wifi.

I love the baskets you grow in I'm a fan of the root maker containers....can't wait to see the artwork come out if this thread....
haha, you digging them too? yeah these bad boys have saved my ass plenty of times. the medium dry out so fast that whenever i have a problem (mostly underfeeding sometimes overfeeding) i can easily correct it in a few days. coco in these dries out everyday once roots are well established, and thats while being under cfl's bulbs.
thanks you for checking out the show and im looking forward to what you have to say as this log progresses on.

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

i did say 2 wifi 1 rom. ive seen many wifi variations & phenotypes. yes they can vary that much. look at the tops on the left 1 im telling ya its gonna split into 2 top colas with no reason. thats the rom. center og leaning wifi, left standard kushy wifi. or im totally wrong. im just going by my experience with the seeds ive popped.

soserthc1

soserthc1

exactly bro, don't give up sand paper rub is my first option and then the razor and i use tap water as i am under the impression that they germ better when other chemicals are in play and i am not great at much , suck at cloning but i have damn near 100% germ rate . had beans pop in 3 weeks..... good luck bro .... 420 days is right on

catdaddy

catdaddy

what's good peoples? sorry for the lack of updates, my grow situation has took an unexpected turn, but will try to keep things updated as much as possible from this point on.

as you can see, my ladies are a little underfed but i am sure they'll green back up in the next feeding or 2. also, my humidity is very low, so i am on the fence about how much or high i should feed them, that's another reason why they were underfed.

first up is the mystery OGR ladies
IMG 5673   Copy

IMG 5675   Copy

IMG 5678   Copy

followed by the Tangerine Trainwreck Haze
IMG 5682   Copy

catdaddy

catdaddy

some of my recent purchases and gifts:
V Dawg
H & L ecsd x appalachia
Bodhi XJ 13 x appalachia
and Sin City Blue Power (soon to be germed)
IMG 5714   Copy

IMG 5630   Copy

here's some of the collection that me and someone is about to run through to look for some solid keepers. minus some of the packs i gave away, this is what's left of the rd beans i have left.
IMG 4821   Copy

Top Bottom