Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Thanks for the trip with white widow and super lemon haze, fun grow, fun grow log. Keep on tokin, I'm in week 10, never been there. SS

Have you checked your ambers, and snip off a tester on your next plant to chop. 😉

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

White Widow? More like Shite Widow. 😄 No wonder you threw the last bean away. What breeder made those millet beans?

chemistry

chemistry

White Widow? More like Shite Widow. 😄 No wonder you threw the last bean away. What breeder made those millet beans?

Victory Seeds, don't know if I'll by any of they're seeds again, as I don't have a Budgie. lol

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all bristling with enthusiasm on this sunny'ish Saturday. Not a lot to report this week, still in the process of spinning the grow space round, got the space painted, went for the same colours again, used up the halve tins I had left from the last daub, so maybe another colour/colours next run, will have to wait and see what catches my eye at the hardware store. Not decided what seeds to plant, should get my self online and buy some new stock, as I'm running out of good seed, getting down to all the rubbish stuff like Victory's White Widow, never binned a seed before, first time for everything. So during this run I'll have to order some better genetics, good job there's still some devoted seedsmen that care about more than a few bucks, and long may these dedicated folk rain. 👍 Mites, I need to gather some intel on these creatures, I've taken them to light in the past, and let them extract the urine last run. Every living thing has a physical weakness some were in they're life cycle, and so do mites, its just a matter of exploiting these chinks in they're armour, if I find any I'll let you know. 👍 I don't think poisons and sprays are the way to go, who really knows what's in your food or water these days, or when profit rears its ugly head, then it seems no body cares, it becomes one of those things we just except as there's nothing we can do, suffer the concoctions, or go with out, so I draw the line on smoking chemicals too. 👍

I run a sealed room, so it amazes me how much dust and bits of stuff accumulate in corners after your fans have finished blowing them round, a quick hoover and its ready for paint. 🙂
Clean up 1a 1

Round two, paint brush and roller time, not a big lover of painting, but it looks good when its done. 🙂
Clean up 1a 2

And that's it for this mini update, but it shows you where I am with the next run, hope to have more to show you next week, seeds planted would be the ideal situation to be in, or popped would be better, I'll try and get that sorted today, but I'm flat out at the minute, so things will have to slot in as and when I get some free time to do them. And on that note, I'm outta here, tune in next week and find out if I've got any seeds planted, until then, enjoy your weekend, and just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

I'll be testing some of no.2 in 9-10 days as I cut some more of no.1 and it's about dry & ready for cure in jars. SS I enjoy painting.

Have you another plant ready to put into flower, to replace the choppers.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all fine and dandy. Finally got round to burying some seeds, yesterday, so I don't have any pics of seeds bursting from the husk for you this morning, but next week, they should be up and swaying in the breeze, they may have crutches, or they may not, depends on whether they pop when I'm to whacked to sort them or not. 😄 Anyway, went for four plants again, that way if one is a non starter, then I have three more to go at, plan A. 👍 Went for a Juan Herer, Zkittles, another Pure Kush, and a Amnesia Lemon freebee. So that's the line up for this run, all four are planted, so now its a waiting game, what's gonna pop, what's not, love this part of growing, nature has put a plant in this stripey seed, just needs un-packing and building into a tree. It was like this as a kid at Christmas, we would get model air craft as stocking fillers, along with glue, paint, sand paper, craft knives, but until you un-wrapped you model, you didn't know what it was, I remember painting all the bits for the first week, then rushing it the second to get it glued together so you could show your mates, and they'd show you their models, some would have tanks, some ships, some cars. Anyway, not many pics this week, as there's not a lot to report on until things take off, hope by next week to have some thing green to show you, four pots of green would be excellent, but as we know, in the real world. Pics. 👍

As usual, I set up the heat matt and cloche to get the seeds going. I'm a firm believer in bottom heat, saves finding some were warm to set your seeds, and takes away some of the guessing if its warm enough where you've put them, and short of a power cut, they will be on a heat no matter what the conditions outside the cloche. So anyone struggling to pop seeds, try a heat matt. 😉

Seed choice.
Seeds 1c

Seeds set in Root Riot cubes, I like these, as you can grow cuttings or seeds from the cubes, the don't go off if stored for a while, and unlike Rock Wool, these rot down in the compost heap. 😉
Seeds set 1a

The Juan Herer is an old seed, had it around ten years, last one, I bought them from a guy who was doing a bit of pollen chucking when the The Dank Den was up and running, I bought three from him, and this is the last one, so hope this turns out right, maybe a bit of luck is needed for this one. 🤞 The Pure Kush I've just grown, but I liked the structure, so another one is added to this run. 🙂 The Zkittles is a nice smoke, nice taste, nice hit, so this is why its been added. The Amnesia Lemon, last time out was a bit slow to get off, and as a result it turned out to be a small plant, I also dabbed this plant last time I grew it with some male pollen I had saved from a male, produced a lot of seed, and had a really nice lemony taste, I do like a lemon, so its in. 😁 And that's all I have for you this week, will the seeds pop, will the seeds flop, get your self back here next week and find out, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

Poppin time, cool. I have 2 I am harvesting this week & a 3rd. Huge, tall girl I'll get an updated pic of today, new pc on the way. Stay down, peace & good vibes.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, at last its Saturday, raining here, ducks seem to love it. 🙂 Got some green bits to show you this morning, came up mid week, pleased to say that the 10 year old Juan Herer seed came up. 🙂 Its a bit squirrely looking, but its up, two others have poppped, the Pure Kush and the Zkittles, the Amnesia Lemon has not produced a seedling as of yet, and could be a dud, shame, as it was a good toke last time, still might pop, but its getting a bit behind the others, and you know what that means, less light for it to catch up, we'll see. So a three out of four at the minute popped, which is not a bad thing, as I think I only have the space for three full sized plants anyway if I give them the space they need to branch out. A couple of the seedlings look like they may need a crutch next week, again, one day I'll be there when they pop and I'll lower the light, and not allow the seedlings to become leggy. lol

As normal, I planted the seeds in Riot Cubes, quite like these cubes, very handy. 😉
Seeds popped v1b

Pure Kush is off, its not hanging about, good stout stem on it. I remember the Zkittles being a big plant last time I ran it, maybe the Zkittles will give the Pure Kush a good run size wise, we'll see, but at the minute, the PK has it in the bag, unlike the Amnesia Lemon .😁
Seeds popped v1a

Once the shoots were up, time to prick out the seedlings and up-pot to some thing bigger, so the seedlings were planted into there final pots. Love seeds and seedlings. 😍

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush v1a

Juan Herer. 10 year old seed, doing well. 🙂
Juan Herer v1a

Zkitttles. This was a big plant for my space last time I grew it, nice producer and a nice hit too.🙂
Zkittles v1a

Amnesia Lemon. Might be the last appearance this one makes. lol
Amnesia Lemon v1a

And there you go, a bit of green stuff showing through, by next week we should have some bigger leaves, and in three weeks we should be ready to flip, just got to get these young plants through the leggy period first, and then they'll take off, then they can start to be fed some thing to make them grow faster. Sticking with the Canna nuits again this run, they're just so easy to get on with, and I like the way they measure out. 😉 And that's it for this week, will the Amnesia Lemon turn up, will the seedlings become leggy and fall over, pop back next week and find out, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

the amnesia lemons just sitting in the one out one back position ready to let loose..cmon girl ..grow for daddy 😃..i hope that herer turns into something special ..you havnt a little veg room have ya chem.could take a couple cuts off her maybe.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Morning tokers and growers, at last its Saturday, raining here, ducks seem to love it. 🙂 Got some green bits to show you this morning, came up mid week, pleased to say that the 10 year old Juan Herer seed came up. 🙂 Its a bit squirrely looking, but its up, two others have poppped, the Pure Kush and the Zkittles, the Amnesia Lemon has not produced a seedling as of yet, and could be a dud, shame, as it was a good toke last time, still might pop, but its getting a bit behind the others, and you know what that means, less light for it to catch up, we'll see. So a three out of four at the minute popped, which is not a bad thing, as I think I only have the space for three full sized plants anyway if I give them the space they need to branch out. A couple of the seedlings look like they may need a crutch next week, again, one day I'll be there when they pop and I'll lower the light, and not allow the seedlings to become leggy. lol

As normal, I planted the seeds in Riot Cubes, quite like these cubes, very handy. 😉
View attachment 1174870

Pure Kush is off, its not hanging about, good stout stem on it. I remember the Zkittles being a big plant last time I ran it, maybe the Zkittles will give the Pure Kush a good run size wise, we'll see, but at the minute, the PK has it in the bag, unlike the Amnesia Lemon .😁
View attachment 1174869

Once the shoots were up, time to prick out the seedlings and up-pot to some thing bigger, so the seedlings were planted into there final pots. Love seeds and seedlings. 😍

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1174871

Juan Herer. 10 year old seed, doing well. 🙂
View attachment 1174872

Zkitttles. This was a big plant for my space last time I grew it, nice producer and a nice hit too.🙂
View attachment 1174873

Amnesia Lemon. Might be the last appearance this one makes. lol
View attachment 1174874

And there you go, a bit of green stuff showing through, by next week we should have some bigger leaves, and in three weeks we should be ready to flip, just got to get these young plants through the leggy period first, and then they'll take off, then they can start to be fed some thing to make them grow faster. Sticking with the Canna nuits again this run, they're just so easy to get on with, and I like the way they measure out. 😉 And that's it for this week, will the Amnesia Lemon turn up, will the seedlings become leggy and fall over, pop back next week and find out, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
Lol try giving them a super tiny dose of triacontanol and see how much they stretch lol... never again. A 1 time deal that I learned pretty quick from. Could have used a shot of that when I was a kid.

20201013 224712

SSgrower

SSgrower

I used the "Root Riot" pucks to grow or start a few clones and I gave two to my mentor and he said the plants got root bound and died in them?? I've cut a sample of no. 2 she's so good growing I waited another week to snip her. Cheers SS

chemistry

chemistry

the amnesia lemons just sitting in the one out one back position ready to let loose..cmon girl ..grow for daddy 😃..i hope that herer turns into something special ..you havnt a little veg room have ya chem.could take a couple cuts off her maybe.

No veg space, I gave it up as growing can turn into an extra job if your not carefull, so I binned my veg space and just grow from seeds now, would have liked to save the Juan Herer, but it means starting another veg adventure.

chemistry

chemistry

I used the "Root Riot" pucks to grow or start a few clones and I gave two to my mentor and he said the plants got root bound and died in them?? I've cut a sample of no. 2 she's so good growing I waited another week to snip her. Cheers SS

I love the Riot Cubes, as you can see, seeds love em, there's pics some were on my diaries with cuttings, this is what gave me a shove to try seeds, and they seem fine. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, how are you all on this sunny October morning, makes a change to see some sun, had rain for the last week. 😎 The seedlings are doing well, still a no show on the Amnesia Lemon, but the other three seedlings are starting to take off quite well, so its a three out of four this run, shame, as the Amnesia Lemon was a nice smoke last time I grew it, made some nice hash from the trim. 🙂 The ten year old Juan Herer seed is doing fine, started a bit squirrely, but it spun its self round. The other two are bigger looking seedlings, and have to say the Zkittles is starting to over take the Pure Kush in size, even though the Pure Kush was up two days before the Zkittles, I see a power struggle ahead, which one is going to push the light over first. lol Second week for the seedlings, normally for me it all starts in the third week, seems to take my seedlings a week and a half to get sorted, so by next week the seedlings should be small plants, and we should get a basic idea of the structure of the plants, like the shape of the leaves, indica or sativa type. Anyway, pic time. 👍

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush v2a

Pure Kush v2b

Juan Herer. Waring a crutch just in case the wind gets it. 😁
Juan Herer v2a

Juan Herer v2b

Zkittles. Second time I've grown this, nice sized plant last time I ran it. 🙂
Zkittles v2a

Zkitles v2b

Amnesia Lemon. Still a no show, its got until the middle of next week to pop, or the Zkittles gets extra space. 🙂
Amnesia Lemon v2a

Other things, I picked up a couple of bottles of citrus beer while shopping with my partner, haven't had time to have a slurp, but tonight is the night, and if its any good, then I may have a look round for a citrus beer kit, some thing different to try. 🍺 And this is all there is for this week, will the beer taste of lemons, or will it be a lemon, will the seedlings still need their crutches next week, or will they be able to stand on there own leg, check in next week and find out, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thanks Frank, I'll give it a go, got some Glycerine here, I'll give the Pure Kush a splash and see how it goes, lights are out, so tomorrow morning it will have to be. 👍
How did the glycerin work out for you chemistry? Was it helpful in eliminating your mite issues? Also, wondering what you thought about the end product, and if it messed with taste, or any other thoughts on it.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No, not washing Mosh, if they buds are bad, then they will become hash. The mites should get sieved out during the bubble bag process, but if not, then its compost. lol One thing I have noticed during my mite wars, is that they really don't like a high humidity, and I think I had this balanced with the HPS, they always arrive when I start to flower, so you want to be some were in between putting you into bud rot territory, or driving the mites down to the bottom of the plants to keep them away from your buds, and this is what I'm messing with at the moment. May as well do some experiments while I have them.
Agreed, They hate high humidity bro. They thrive in low humidity, and PM thrives in high.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Morning tokers and growers, how are you all on this sunny Saturday morning, hope your all well. 😎 Plants have just finished week 6 in flower, and starting week seven this morning at lights on, two more weeks to go before chop. The mites are still with us, think the worst is over, no webbing as yet, so still hoping for a return for my effort, the Super Lemon Haze is the most repellent of the strains, good old Barney's. 🙂 I've still no clue as to what's going on with the White Widow, think its a lost cause, got two weeks to go, and looking at it, it may not be good enough to hash. lol The Holy Punch has to be an auto of some sort, as its the shortest plant of the four, just goes to show that seeds are every thing when it comes to growing, bad or abnormal seeds will just lead you up the garden path. ☹️ On a brighter note, the Gellato Auto outdoor is down and hung, had a bud from a lower branch to test it, it seemed fine, so its down. Not a bad smoke for an auto, the auto scene is a lot better than it was a few years ago, at one time you would have needed a big bowl on you bong to get off, but nowadays the auto's are nearly as good as the non auto strains, a very healthy future for tent, and small l growers like my self, who only want a bit of a toke for my self, and a turn on for close friends. 😉 Any way, lets have a look at some pics.

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1159661

Pure Kush horse tailing, just finished week 6 of flower?
View attachment 1159662

Holy Punch. Such a small plant.
View attachment 1159663

White Widow. All the seeds have turned out different, don't know what's going on, but I'm reluctant to plant any more of them, as the last two have been a waste of time.
View attachment 1159664

Super Lemon Haze. I'll say one thing for Barney's seeds, they all grow well, not had a bad seed from them, keep up the good work. 👍
View attachment 1159665

Gellato Auto. This strain did really well, I'd plant another of this strain. Good branching, good sized solid tops with little or no waste, a nice little auto. 😉
View attachment 1159666

View attachment 1159667

Trimmed and hung, not a lot of trimming to do on this plant, really nice plant to work with. 👍
View attachment 1159669

View attachment 1159670

And there ends the life of the Gellato Auto outdoor, I'll give it a month to cure a little, then I'll start its cremation, grab a couple of buddies and we've got a wake. 😁 I have to say that in the past I gave auto's a wide berth, but in their defence, they have come a long way since they first hit the scene, and I hope the dedicated auto breeders carry on fine tuning these plants, give it a couple of years, and auto's will be up there with the best. And at that point, technically you could grow all you smoke for the year outdoors, with minimal space needed, could be the future, and the savings on electric and all the other things that empty your wallet every week tending your grow. 😉 And that brings this update to and end, by next week I'll know how much damage the mites have cost me this round, so tune in next week for another edition of mite wars, until then, just keep tokin folks.. 👍
Agreed, it's the future of cannabis, and I believe even some of these newer photoperiods might be using the traits, actually. It allow shorter flowering times, and lends stability to the light regime, so if you want to wander farther into say sativa traits than was possible before, because of flowering time constraints, or the plant turning herm, injecting auto traits would be the natural answer to that dilemma.

Some people seem to think auto's are making cannabis weaker, but I demur, I believe exactly the opposite is happening. More diversity is possible, and the genetics are become much, much more diverse.

chemistry

chemistry

How did the glycerin work out for you chemistry? Was it helpful in eliminating your mite issues? Also, wondering what you thought about the end product, and if it messed with taste, or any other thoughts on it.

Tried it out on one plant, the White Widow, which was the worst one, so I thought it a good bet to see if I could see a bigger change faster on that plant over the than the others, but every thing just stuck to it, you know, like sugary, so I left the others. Having a wander into keeping my humidity up until week 6 this run, as I think the reason I got turned over by the mites this run, is due to low humidity, brought on by the fact that LED runs cooler, so stops the plants from sweating, this I believe this is the reason for the mites moving up the plant, where as the HPS makes the plants drink more, thus raising the humidity, which seems to upset the mites. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom