Colorado gathering

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melizzard

Melizzard

Gettin' 'r back on track.....

With May fast approaching....it's HIGH time :rasta2: to start getting yer campin' shit together :mysterymachine: and curing up those headies :harvest: fo' the 2010 Rocky Mountain Smokeout!

:sun2: :party: :rauch08: :sun2:

Bring your Freak Flag and Waive it HIGH!!!!

So where, exactly, is this anyway? Is it a campground or a clearing in the forest? Will there be directions for the noobs?

xxoo
Melizzard

sky high

sky high

It's a clearing in the forest...1/4 mile or less from the paved road... near Twin Lakes, CO.
(10 miles or so South of Leadville, CO) No facilities. No services. Just good ole nature...

There is a "formal" campground down the road a bit towards the lake but I've never stayed in it. Certainly an option (if it's open) should anyone want to utilize such facilities or need "more" amenities. Not sure about RV hook ups/electricity/bathrooms/etc.

I plan to check out the road/clearing in the next few weeks. Once I do that I'll make a determination as to which spot will suit us better.

I'll be giving out directions to the campsite via PM the week of the event to those members who PM me they are ><definitely<< coming to the event.

s h

C

chuck uuuuu

Dirtbag state?

It's a clearing in the forest...1/4 mile or less from the paved road... near Twin Lakes, CO.
(10 miles or so South of Leadville, CO) No facilities. No services. Just good ole nature...

There is a "formal" campground down the road a bit towards the lake but I've never stayed in it. Certainly an option (if it's open) should anyone want to utilize such facilities or need "more" amenities. Not sure about RV hook ups/electricity/bathrooms/etc.

I plan to check out the road/clearing in the next few weeks. Once I do that I'll make a determination as to which spot will suit us better.

I'll be giving out directions to the campsite via PM the week of the event to those members who PM me they are ><definitely<< coming to the event.

s h
I'm really Interested in your post, just hope its not stinky, hippy, Scumbag Jazz, and there is modern day amenities. I see a lot of new Colorado "Sheriff's" & dont want a few bad apples taking charge,nor all the States say 10+ yrs. after the voters said we want to help the patient, NOT DIRTBAG DOPERS!:banana1sv6:
:hunter::character0053:

T

TyKaycha

BTW, my hubby doesn't get high .... yet. I was joking with AltFarm and saying that as soon as we finish his USAF retirement ceremony, we'll come home and have his "welcome to civilian life" ceremony! ;) He wasn't a stoner back in the day ... but I bet he will be now! His whole head has been revamped thru watching how many benefits it has brought me! So, while he won't be partaking, he's way cool ... y'all will like him!

Hey, any other girly "Farmers" out there (no, I don't mean the girly men in the bunch .... LOL)?

xxoo
Melizzard

I did 10 yrs in Air Force, stationed all over, got out a couple of years ago. Last base was at Buckley. Like the two of you, I wasn't much in to cannabis before or during my military time. Tried a few times about 20 yrs ago back in high school but much preferred my beverages. Now I can't handle the hangovers any more and with my body pains - mmj just works better for me. Still not much of a recreational user.

Also just FYI my girlfriend (patient also) will be coming with me so you won't be the only girl there. She's still learning about growing. She's about to get a crash course though as she'll be taking care of my grow while I go to a family reunion in Thailand in June.

sky high

sky high

I'm really Interested in your post, just hope its not stinky, hippy, Scumbag Jazz, and there is modern day amenities.

Not sure I follow ya here. This is a CAMPOUT... in the National Forest...at an undeveloped spot. There MIGHT be a fire ring there....but other than grass and pine trees, that's gonna be about it. Folks should bring everything they need for the typical "car camping" adventure...tent..sleeping bag/a pad for the ground to crash on...yer own food, booze and dope....and anything else you feel you might need for a few days/nights under the Sun/Stars.

Folks should also be prepared (like all good Scouts) in some way or another for temperatures that could easily drop below freezing and ANY sort of weather you can think of...sans a hurricane or tropical storm....as we will be camping at just below 10,000 ft. on the side of the highest peak in the State...

This should be a laid back group...with folks from their mid-late 20's to folks in the 60's. Some new to the State...some just...well...>old<. LOL

sorry...but I can in no way guarantee that we won't see some 'hippie-types' with long hair and Harleys show up.

Anyone not into "camping" who is looking for a warm bed or "amenities" should check @ one of the numerous hotel/motel accomodations in Leadville....10-15 miles north... or Buena vista....15-20 miles south.

I see a lot of new Colorado "Sheriff's" & dont want a few bad apples taking charge,nor all the States say 10+ yrs. after the voters said we want to help the patient, NOT DIRTBAG DOPERS!:banana1sv6:

Ya lost me here.... :thinking

Melizzard

Melizzard

Nope, don't need no formal ... just need an open spot where I can do a U-turn cuz I am NOT good with tight spots OR backing! :) Oh, and will have to bring my dogs ...

Just got the green light from the hubby, so I'll be bringing my best girlfriend instead. No designated driver, after all! ;)

xxoo
Melizzard

s h

sky high

sky high

When I go up to check it all out I'll try to give you an idea how large the spot is/etc.

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'm really Interested in your post, just hope its not stinky, hippy, Scumbag Jazz, and there is modern day amenities. I see a lot of new Colorado "Sheriff's" & dont want a few bad apples taking charge,nor all the States say 10+ yrs. after the voters said we want to help the patient, NOT DIRTBAG DOPERS!:banana1sv6:

If there's any dirt weed, we'll be sure to ostracize the dirtbag doper who brought it... sheesh, man, you sound like a cop. Those same "dirtbag dopers" are those ones who thought outside the box enough to explore the medical possiblities, and resisted the "Man" long enough to demonstrate that the worst side effect of cannabis is jail time.
I am not trying to start an argument or put you down, Chuck. Please open your mind- having spent a little time on tour with the Dead and Phish, I do understand what you mean by "dirty dopers", and I can barely stomach the smell of patchouli oil- combine it with b.o. and my gag reflex becomes sensitive...LOL!

T

TyKaycha

...I can barely stomach the smell of patchouli oil- combine it with b.o. and my gag reflex becomes sensitive...LOL!

That's a riot!!! I got so sick of patchouli when I followed the Dead back in early 90's (never got into Phish, plus was living overseas too). Don't smell it hardly anymore though. I was actually thinking about picking up some as I can't stand most commercial colognes! Just a little dap will do ya though. No need to try to bathe in it to cover 2 months of tailgating! hahaha!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I think chuck is talking about Tim Tipton. Yea, Tim please do not come. Real dirty hippies ride jap bikes anyway...

I might be in my vw bus with my dog, that's kinda hippy.

oh yea, patchouli... I think diesel fuel smells better and covers up hippy nut cheese more so.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

In that case, I second that. Not a fan of that joker. He's ripped off more than one person I know.
What's orange, blue and yellow, and looks good on sleazebags? FIRE... :)

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Ty, burt's bees has some good natural spray deodorant and they make some nice bay rum too. Please don't go back to patchouli, please, I beg of you.

T

TyKaycha

I think chuck is talking about Tim Tipton. Yea, Tim please do not come. Real dirty hippies ride jap bikes anyway...

Hahaha! Well if he does. We could take him for a long one-way hike out to the middle of nowhere...lots of places to stash a body! Hahaha!

T

TyKaycha

Ty, burt's bees has some good natural spray deodorant and they make some nice bay rum too. Please don't go back to patchouli, please, I beg of you.

Hahaha! Promise I won't wear it to the gathering! Hahaha!

Heck might just go old school and pick up some Old Spice! :cool0019:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sheesh- I'll bring my dad's bottles of Canoe, British Sterling, and Stetson, if you want to really go old school. :) Do we not have lives, that we're posting aroma preferences on a Friday night? Or just really good meds... lmao. Can't wait to hang out with you guys.

T

TyKaycha

Sheesh- I'll bring my dad's bottles of Canoe, British Sterling, and Stetson, if you want to really go old school. :) Do we not have lives, that we're posting aroma preferences on a Friday night? Or just really good meds... lmao. Can't wait to hang out with you guys.

Usually Friday nights are my "Boys' Night Out" as my girlfriend works until 11pm. But tonight everyone's either sick, tired, out of town, or just feel like staying home. This Spring chilly weather I think has people just wanting to stay home. Plus I gotta scooter club meeting in the morning. So keeping it quiet tonight.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'd rather be camping... even in the snow. Is it May yet? Damn groundhog must've seen his shadow in spots...
But duty calls and I have to be farming around 5am. If I left my house, it could lead to a long night, so I played it smart. Have a great weekend! Gotta crash...

Latest posts

Top Bottom