Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Will stop by and hike up to a hot run this morning before noon for 1 hour or so... Planing on an overniter Friday jet boat up, camp, mushout,
Ok C-man you keep teasing us on how good it is living in the mountains, will I am a city boy and I think I have you beat. Here are just a few things that I have that you know nothing about.....

1. Smog, love the sweet smell and the wonderful brown cloud that comes with it.
2. Rush hour traffic, you should try it sometime, what a relaxing time just before you get to work or home.
3. Veggies bought from any store, I can just taste the chemicals thinking about it.
4. Wonderful neighbors, great being stacked together like sardines.
5. Excel Energy, great having a rate hike shoved up your ass every year.

That's just 5 quick reasons why I have it better than you. Oh, forgot fishing, I can catch carp all day long in the S. Platte as it runs through Denver. They don't even glow yet.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok C-man you keep teasing us on how good it is living in the mountains, will I am a city boy and I think I have you beat. Here are just a few things that I have that you know nothing about.....

1. Smog, love the sweet smell and the wonderful brown cloud that comes with it.
2. Rush hour traffic, you should try it sometime, what a relaxing time just before you get to work or home.
3. Veggies bought from any store, I can just taste the chemicals thinking about it.
4. Wonderful neighbors, great being stacked together like sardines.
5. Excel Energy, great having a rate hike shoved up your ass every year.

That's just 5 quick reasons why I have it better than you. Oh, forgot fishing, I can catch carp all day long in the S. Platte as it runs through Denver. They don't even glow yet.

I about fell outta my chair laughing reading this, brother- those are just some of the reasons I got the hell out of Denver, baby GO! I remember the fish people would pull out of the Platte; I wouldn't eat them, but then I prefer the fragrance of diesel in my weed more than my fish...

Ft Collins is by no means the mountain country, but on the other hand it's nowhere near the big city ratrace- and it's a short drive to either one. Plus, you can ride your bike to some pretty decent fishing, whether you like bass in the lakes or trout in the Poudre.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My outdoor action is fucked, blew out knee, all that good fishing cant do....in lots of pain if i move knee. If I could be gurneyed up to my hole Pute, comon you got to help, the fishin yesterday was one of the best days ive ever had.... Oh well....

ttystikk

ttystikk

My outdoor action is fucked, blew out knee, all that good fishing cant do....in lots of pain if i move knee. If I could be gurneyed up to my hole Pute, comon you got to help, the fishin yesterday was one of the best days ive ever had.... Oh well....

Oh, no! Here's hoping for a quick recovery, and maybe some cold water therapy...

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys need to catch some fish like this little one I caught.....

Mackinaw New
K

kolah

Nice ! Thats a big effing Pike (and rainbow too), but I always love wrestling with a big-toothed pike to get my lure out.

putembk

putembk

Nice fish Bud. That first one was a Mackinaw kolah. It's a member of the brook trout family. Those things get big sitting in 40 to 50 feet of water. They do cruise the shore line at ice off and you can catch them from the bank for a couple of weeks.

Taking a quick trip to the hills today and will try for a few browns on a dry fly if I can get them to rise. After the storm we just had and with the bright sun on the water I'm hoping for and early caddis hatch about noon or so. Until they start to come up I will be sitting on the bank token Chemdog #4. Has to be a quick trip, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest right now.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Nice fish Bud. That first one was a Mackinaw kolah. It's a member of the brook trout family. Those things get big sitting in 40 to 50 feet of water. They do cruise the shore line at ice off and you can catch them from the bank for a couple of weeks.

Taking a quick trip to the hills today and will try for a few browns on a dry fly if I can get them to rise. After the storm we just had and with the bright sun on the water I'm hoping for and early caddis hatch about noon or so. Until they start to come up I will be sitting on the bank token Chemdog #4. Has to be a quick trip, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest right now.

Sounds like a nice outing- whatever you have to do, it can wait long enough for you to regain your sanity fishing...

K

kolah

Mackinaw I have not heard of (except for peaches) It looks like a cross between a brownie and rainbow, but the mouth looked kinda funky. I gotta get my pole in the water. (sounds like a personal problem, lol)

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lake Trout = Mackinaw (not really a Trout, for some reason they call them Lake Trout, or Lakers for short)

If you ever drive by Granby or Grand Lake in the winter, that is what most of those folks are fishing for......

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I about fell outta my chair laughing reading this, brother- those are just some of the reasons I got the hell out of Denver, baby GO! I remember the fish people would pull out of the Platte; I wouldn't eat them, but then I prefer the fragrance of diesel in my weed more than my fish...

Ft Collins is by no means the mountain country, but on the other hand it's nowhere near the big city ratrace- and it's a short drive to either one. Plus, you can ride your bike to some pretty decent fishing, whether you like bass in the lakes or trout in the Poudre.

Have you ever checked out McMurray Lake and fished for bass up there? It is pretty close to Jax on College... That was my go to spot for bass when I lived up there a few years ago...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Have you ever checked out McMurray Lake and fished for bass up there? It is pretty close to Jax on College... That was my go to spot for bass when I lived up there a few years ago...

I have not but you're right, there's a lot of neat little lakes to do this scattered all over just north and east of town. Everybody has a fishing preference, and mine is heading into the mountains and thrashing some dry flies... ever been to picnic rock? Not only can you fish there, but in the summer, you can swim down and actually meet the fish face to face!

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I love the Poudre Canyon! We used to go up there all the time and tube the river with a few brews... I really like the Seamen Reservoir up the canyon a bit... They have some awesome spots to cliff jump up there and our dogs really loved the hike (except for the time they decided to stare down a rattle snake)

putembk

putembk

Just got back, you guys that live up there are so lucky! What a perfect day, fishing sucked though. Two old locals smelled what we were doing and came by for a quick hit and I hope they got more than they came for. ha ha My fricken waders had another leak the dam russian thistles are hell on them but still love a peaceful day in the Colorado Mountains. Glad to be back home, to tired to work in the garden tonight, will catch up first thing in the morning.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fishing never sucks...At least you can go..Hoping before surgery to hit lower section and drift fish casting from boat, my buddy will guide..Stones should be anyday now and the lower section is clearing up.

putembk

putembk

Fishing never sucks...At least you can go..Hoping before surgery to hit lower section and drift fish casting from boat, my buddy will guide..Stones should be anyday now and the lower section is clearing up.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Wait a minute, I don't work! You are right C-Man loved just being there as opposed to the asphalt jungle down below. Hope your knee is allowing you to get around and do your choirs.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I just love to fly cast. It comes naturely to me. Very accurate. Back when we were kids we would raise hell by flnging mud balls at neighbors houses and other selected targets. We got long branches from plum trees that were like flyrods, mold clay like mud on end and fling away. Could fling a mud ball 100 yards. It was fun as hell listening for the thud as it hit a roof. We would mold fire crackers at nite for an arreal assault. Someone put fartin Martins eye out with a lime...

ttystikk

ttystikk

I just love to fly cast. It comes naturely to me. Very accurate. Back when we were kids we would raise hell by flnging mud balls at neighbors houses and other selected targets. We got long branches from plum trees that were like flyrods, mold clay like mud on end and fling away. Could fling a mud ball 100 yards. It was fun as hell listening for the thud as it hit a roof. We would mold fire crackers at nite for an arreal assault. Someone put fartin Martins eye out with a lime...

Ah, so you had practice as a kid. Cool, except for the eye thing. I like to fly fish, too- I'm only accurate at short range, might explain why my favorite fishing spots are creeks and streams.

Top Bottom