Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Found this to ... copied ... nothing written by me.

Conrad (http://www1.conrad-uk.com) have a "mini air conditioner" for £15.95. It's really an air cooler where air is blown through a wet filter. We have used one for several years and find it very effective. Of course It doesn't condition the air at all but does provide a cool breeze that is very welcome when the temperatures are in the 30s. I presume the model being advertised will operate in the same fashion. I see the latest one is 240 v ac as well as 12v dc.
Depending on whether we are heading south this year I intend to buy another one. One at each end of our short van would be great.
At that price it could be worth you trying it out. You should be able to see from the photo if there is a chance of it fitting your ducting.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Found this to ... copied ... nothing written by me.

Conrad (http://www1.conrad-uk.com) have a "mini air conditioner" for £15.95. It's really an air cooler where air is blown through a wet filter. We have used one for several years and find it very effective. Of course It doesn't condition the air at all but does provide a cool breeze that is very welcome when the temperatures are in the 30s. I presume the model being advertised will operate in the same fashion. I see the latest one is 240 v ac as well as 12v dc.
Depending on whether we are heading south this year I intend to buy another one. One at each end of our short van would be great.
At that price it could be worth you trying it out. You should be able to see from the photo if there is a chance of it fitting your ducting.
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/...ufab-Compact-Air-Conditioner?ref=searchDetail

Some interesting ideas getting thrown about; ) I could just get a few different ones see wat works the best, I like this one tho mini air con unit, I'd it works it's a money saver and a life saver !!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey Eskii, Sorry your having to scramble to control heat. Man I wish that I had this help with my first indoor grow. It sounds like your loft needs more cooling period. Have you looked into odor control other then a scrubber. It would be great if you could open the tent with lights on. I open grow in a tight neighborhood use a ozone generator, plus use Ona gel with no smell issues.

Cheers!

e4ian

e4ian

^30 minutes before i know Somebody's Arriving i Run the Ozone Generator,Great,the Hall smells like a "Clinic"
Ona Block in the "Enclosed Porch" too.. Jus' the Sounds of the "Vegging" Fans to Worry about IF that happens an im NOT Upstairs ..!

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 77
Day 39 flower;)

Well guys I got the new ice fan today and I must say it does the trick ;) nothing special by all means but for the small tent enthusiast it's perfect, my temps had crept up to 25.8c by lunch time;/!! luckily tho I had the bottles ready in the freezer!! Anyway after 5 mins of this little contraption being iced up an switched on my temps had dropped down to 20.9c ;) I'd call that a result in any ones book, especially Wen it only cost me £20, that reminds me @theseekeroft here's the company info
20150421 130148
don't think there's much on their website tho:/

Anyway, decided on my next run im gonna run the lights thru the day instead and just buy my self a decent air cooled hood, should be easier to control temps that way just in case of any more unexpected heat waves etc!!

Also the girls are doing fantastic, really fattening up, they obviously don't mind the warmer night time temps!! I was actually reading a thread today about zero dif in temps (same temps day/night) and I came across a few guys that do this with great success, I mean I understand that keeping temps 2-3F different at the start of flower to stop the stretch but I always assumed after the stretch is finished you go back to a normal 10F drop, but to do the whole grow with a consistent temp day and night I never thought possible, guess I was wrong!! Any input off you guys on this matter would be appreciated as it would be much easier for me to keep things at say 25c day and night rather than running all these fans and freezing bottles every night..

Couple of pics below anyway guys ;)
Screenshot 2015 04 22 01 10 16
Screenshot 2015 04 22 01 10 36
20150421 193000
20150421 193035
20150421 193236
20150421 193248
20150421 193301
20150421 193635
20150421 193644

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Cheers man ;) they smell amazing! !

The fan seems to be a hard thing to find if your looking to buy one, I found mine on a online selling site called gumtree, not sure if your in the UK or not but worth a shot! ! Here's wat it says on the box :
Personal Ice Fan: Two cooling elements, Transparent water tray, Ultra compact design, Low noise, Up to 4 hours cooling time

It comes with four bottles and takes 2 bottles a time so you'll get 8 hrs out if it, I was also looking into a product called tekhni ice, it apparently stays frozen for up to four days, figured if I use them with the fan it's a no brainer really ;)

Orcaman

Orcaman

Glad to see that cooler is helping. Smart move to wait in till your next run to change your light hood. Lights on during the day will help a lot next time to with your temps. I run my bloom cycle 3.30 am to 3.30 pm. This give me great control with temp variation. Plus everything is closed up in the evening when friends and family visit us the most. All your work is paying off for a nice yield.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Cheers for the input guys;)

I went to see the 2 plants I gave to my friends today and fuck me are they impressive!!! The buds are bigger than mine, only thing that's been done differently is that they started foilar feeding with canna boost a week after I started but they are still spraying now, my fault as I forgot to tell them to stop wen I did 2 weeks ago or something, not sure if it's the boost or the fact i possible gave away my two best phenos lol but honestly they seem to love it, told em to stop now tho just in case of mould issues or bud rot etc.. definitely gonna do a comparison on my next run, spray one plant an see how she reacts!! Luckily for me half of their crop is mine ;) well 70/30 split as I was feeling generous (70% for them 30% for me)!! Gonna be a critical summer ;)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Cheers for the input guys;)

I went to see the 2 plants I gave to my friends today and fuck me are they impressive!!! The buds are bigger than mine, only thing that's been done differently is that they started foilar feeding with canna boost a week after I started but they are still spraying now, my fault as I forgot to tell them to stop wen I did 2 weeks ago or something, not sure if it's the boost or the fact i possible gave away my two best phenos lol but honestly they seem to love it, told em to stop now tho just in case of mould issues or bud rot etc.. definitely gonna do a comparison on my next run, spray one plant an see how she reacts!! Luckily for me half of their crop is mine ;) well 70/30 split as I was feeling generous (70% for them 30% for me)!! Gonna be a critical summer ;)

Just messin around, kind of, but always give away clones. Never the mothers :)

I love your plants, BTW, they look way better than mine did. Doing a great job!

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Just messin around, kind of, but always give away clones. Never the mothers :)

I love your plants, BTW, they look way better than mine did. Doing a great job!

It's all good ;) they went to some good friends so it's nice to share, plus I needed the space in my tent as it all got a bit squashed lol!! Il be experimenting with cloning etc on my next run ;)
Got some Cali Connections Alien OG, DNA Genetics Training Day, Reserva Privada Kandy Kush and some DNA Genetics Snowland-Snowcap x LA ;) should be fun !!

Goz

Goz

Looking real swell mate , lovely Indeed need to grab myself some DNA seeds again there holy grail kush is lovely , is your mate using the same wattage of light as you ?

His buds will prob be bigger because you have an extra plant taking up more light .

Goz

Gary Host

Gary Host

I would say keep the lights off during day, and On at night, when it's cooler, would help bring his average maximum temperature down.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Looking real swell mate , lovely Indeed need to grab myself some DNA seeds again there holy grail kush is lovely , is your mate using the same wattage of light as you ?

His buds will prob be bigger because you have an extra plant taking up more light .

Goz

Hey man that's probs it ;) they've got a 1.2m tent so tons more space aswel!! Yea same light and ballast, found out there using bottled mineral water aswel, seems to be working either way !!
I was actually chasing some holy grail but it's sold out everywhere; ( il keep searching tho !!

Cheers man;)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 80
Day 42 flower

Finally temps have stabilised;)!! weather's cooled down again for the next few weeks so back on 17-19c lights out temps and steady 26-28c lights on, hoping a new air cooled hood will eliminate a lot of problems and give me more room for adjustment next time round, lucky for me we have shit summers here in the UK so even if I need to buy an AC unit it will only need to be used every so often, got some tweekin to do I know that.
Anyway it seems one of my girls is ripening up quicker than the others;) lovely sweet lemony musky kush smell and so frosty! !! Some pics below!!

Got a question for you lovely people; )

how do I know wen to start flushing my girls, is there a particular look to the buds I should look for or is it just guess work, 8 week strain so flush at 6 weeks or is a week enough?? How do you guys do it?

Some more eye candy below ;)
Screenshot 2015 04 24 20 14 04
Screenshot 2015 04 24 21 48 07
Screenshot 2015 04 24 21 47 20
Screenshot 2015 04 24 21 50 41
Screenshot 2015 04 24 21 52 17
Screenshot 2015 04 24 21 52 52
20150424 210734
20150424 210716
20150424 210651
20150424 182924

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Looking great.

Water only the last week. Next to last week only Kelp (or _____ ).

When? You have to learn to read your plants. Everything else is opinion.

If you listen really really close ... your plant will tell you when it is ready.

Watch for changes in growth.

More than 1 plant? Look at it as a learning situation. Do 1 and then another.

All things considered in your grow ... depending on what u want for a finished product ... BFCK is ready beginning as soon as day 40 in flower.

e4ian

e4ian

Holy Moly,them pictures look TREMENDOUS! especially the 3rd from the bottom [looks unreal!] m8,saying that tho so does the one below..! ...im robbing them!! :D ..

^^ HeavyWeight 4 Sure

Top Bottom