Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

yep^ ..Hear white Smokes a sign of good flushing too, not white/blue i 'spose..
Too wrecked too look after 1 good one! :D

^^about "SOME" Effects..
So basically Installing a fear into people imo,as other Docu's,great Visuals tho..
Nah mate the documentary is all for the positive mate, it starts out showing the negative media on the subject but quickly turns to the positives and explains why it should be made legal !! It also touches on a ton of medical research all backing the decriminalisation of cannabis, jaydens journey for one is amazing (skip to one hour in) this kid used to fit 500 times a day and had taken 25000 pills by the age of 5, he was dying and doctors couldn't help, his dad gave him CBD oil that he picked up at a dispensery and jayden never had another fit again, wats heartbreaking is watching his dad detox his son of all the medications he's been on since he was a baby, the kid was on benzodiazapines at 16 months old WTF!!
It also shows us just how corrupt the system is its shocking!!! this documentary is the future mate, I strongly suggest you watch it all the way through; ) I was pissed off but at the same time things are moving in our direction, won't be long now!!

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

So flushing is something that's not entirely necessary in your opinion then? Iv read a lot of people say that so long as you give a good dry and thenv cure for about a month then theres no reason to flush, iv only just touched on this subject but will no alot more by the end of the day.

Orcaman has a valid opinion on flushing ... if it works for you ... do it ... if your using methods or nutes that recommend doing it ... do it ... at least until you come up with your own tweak to the process.

Flushing does have valid reasons for being done. Like when you overdid a nute or something.
However, other than considering what I said above, I do not think it is necessary.

Perhaps a valid reason not to flush is that it gets your roots sopping wet at a time when you do not want that to happen. If the plant will "dry out" in a day or so ... no problem. If the roots sit in soggy soil that does not dry out quick enough ... well ... not good for root/plant health.

The best way to accomplish what flushing will do is to avoid "giving" the plant what your going to want to flush out in the first place.

Using only water during the last 2 weeks may accomplish just as much or more than a "typical flush". Even better only use nutes the 1st and 2nd week of flower. Best would be to avoid using store bought nutes at all.

Water only the last 2 weeks, harvest timing and a good cure should let you accomplish what Orcaman is doing adding a flush.

I'm not saying that flushing does not have an effect on the final product. Use flushing to "tweak" things if you want to. But if you think your flushing something you put into the buds ... out of the buds ... well ... I dont think it is that easy.

Have you ever heard of using boiling water to kill the roots and then leave the plant in the container for a couple days? This was an old hippie technique that was laughed at ... but now has some science behind it.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 83
Day 45 flower

Well one of my girls looks to be nearly done, I'd say another week tops;) the other two are still a bit behind, different phenos obviously; ) looking real tasty tho, iv took a few pics of the one that's nearly finished; ) just need it to swell up now! !
Screenshot 2015 04 27 19 33 22
Screenshot 2015 04 27 19 33 14
Screenshot 2015 04 27 19 30 59
Screenshot 2015 04 27 19 32 42

Orcaman

Orcaman

theseekeroft is also very right to. All the word flush is to me is water only as part of our plants regular feeding schedule. We feed every four days Drain to Waste using the complete General Organics 8 part system with SubCultures M, and B every 12 days. Finishing in gallon and a half rose buckets each plant gets a half gallon dose on feeding days. The only thing I do different on flush days is I double the volume of water for each plant and letting them sit a little longer to drain off before going back under the light. Here is a feeding chart of my nutes showing water only to finish. We have been using this product for five years now with a few adjustments to meet our needs for the climate here in Colorado. I'm not saying this is the best product. Just showing for a comparison.:) I almost forgot. Eskii there gorgeous!
GO Feedchart

Gary Host

Gary Host

"The biggest newsflash in the hydroponics industry is the corporate giant Scotts buying General Hydroponics! What does this mean for the growers of medical cannabis and hydro stores? Scotts will probably distribute GH/GO products in all the big box gardening outlets, such as Home Depot, bringing the margins down to almost nothing. Since the CEO of GH/GO has admitted that medical marijuana has never been their top priority, the Scotts purchase will most likely continue this attitude, in sharp contrast to Advanced Nutrients, who has asserted repeatedly that the medical cannabis community is their top priority. "

Gary Host

Gary Host

yum. Looking sweet and frosty there, Eskii !! Now would be a good time to lower those night temps as much as possible (15°C~18°C), for that purp hue, along with low humidity, and defoliage of fan leaves. To maximize terpene and terpenoid levels in the plants and buds.

Here's an extensive article about these facts,

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

theseekeroft is also very right to. All the word flush is to me is water only as part of our plants regular feeding schedule. We feed every four days Drain to Waste using the complete General Organics 8 part system with SubCultures M, and B every 12 days. Finishing in gallon and a half rose buckets each plant gets a half gallon dose on feeding days. The only thing I do different on flush days is I double the volume of water for each plant and letting them sit a little longer to drain off before going back under the light. Here is a feeding chart of my nutes showing water only to finish. We have been using this product for five years now with a few adjustments to meet our needs for the climate here in Colorado. I'm not saying this is the best product. Just showing for a comparison.:) I almost forgot. Eskii there gorgeous!
View attachment 505873
Hey man;) iv been looking at organics alot lately and would defo like to give it a go, I can get this for £80
General hydroponics organic go box 32617 650x650
seems to have their full start up range in there, im considering trying this on just one of my plants on my next run, see how it compares to canna;) love the idea of all natural;) especially for MMJ!!

oh and thanks for the info on flushing, between you and theseekeroft I now know we're I'm at ;)
if you lived near by id come smoke a joint with you both to show my appreciation; ) cheers guys

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

yum. Looking sweet and frosty there, Eskii !! Now would be a good time to lower those night temps as much as possible (15°C~18°C), for that purp hue, along with low humidity, and defoliage of fan leaves. To maximize terpene and terpenoid levels in the plants and buds.

Here's an extensive article about these facts,
Cheers man good read;)
lol if terpenes are anything to go by this ck is gonna be some dangerous dank ;) and as for cooler night temps I'm running mine at 16c now, hoping it will do the trick;) would love to see a bit of purple in there !!
Screenshot 2015 04 28 22 47 56

Gary Host

Gary Host

Dank looking stuff, bro! Have you started the flush ? .. since it's last couple of weeks before harvest if possible you could lower the night temp as low as 10 °C per DinaFem seed Co recommendation. Either way you are going to end up with a nice batch of puff here.. It's like looking in to a jewelry store in your tent now ey ? ^_^ keep it up, eskii !

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey Eskii, I have really enjoyed hanging around in this thread. There are so many products and ways to feed your plants. I another year when we finally buy our own place I am going to start making my own nutes and go totally organic. The General Organics is an easy alternative and the Go box is a great way to try without having to buy a lot of product. Here is another line of nutes that I have seen used here with great results worth looking at. I would love to try but don't want to reinvest at this time having a good supply already.
http://www.heavy16.com/calc.php
So when you harvest. Are you going to dry them in the tent?

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

The General Organics is an easy alternative and the Go box is a great way to try without having to buy a lot of product. Here is another line of nutes that I have seen used here with great results worth looking at. I would love to try but don't want to reinvest at this time having a good supply already.

Agree about General Organics. Not into buying boxes of stuff though. Always run out of some before others. Plus I like to find nutes that can be mixed and are imho the best of that specific nute. Like GO Grow & Bloom. The others?

Thanks Orcaman for the heavy16 link ... new to me. Same page on trying!

Orcaman, keep in mind that not all products exist in or ships to EU :( ... Oh and Kyle Kushman (High Times) is launching his line of nutes shortly aswell http://www.purelifeveganix.com/

availability of stuff i wind up wanting sucks ... be nice to have a learjet ... hey ... lol

Thanks for the purelifeveganix link Gary Host.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Dank looking stuff, bro! Have you started the flush ? .. since it's last couple of weeks before harvest if possible you could lower the night temp as low as 10 °C per DinaFem seed Co recommendation. Either way you are going to end up with a nice batch of puff here.. It's like looking in to a jewelry store in your tent now ey ? ^_^ keep it up, eskii !
yea man I started flushing earlier this week;), did a bit of defoliating and getting everything ready for the well awaited chop;)
also managed to get my lights off temps down to 13.9c today ;) pushing for the purpling, I read that cold temps at end of flower also cause the buds to seal them selves with resin so to stop mould from the cold or something along those lines; ) so many little techniques I love it!!
Cheers Gary Host

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Hey Eskii, I have really enjoyed hanging around in this thread. There are so many products and ways to feed your plants. I another year when we finally buy our own place I am going to start making my own nutes and go totally organic. The General Organics is an easy alternative and the Go box is a great way to try without having to buy a lot of product. Here is another line of nutes that I have seen used here with great results worth looking at. I would love to try but don't want to reinvest at this time having a good supply already.
So when you harvest. Are you going to dry them in the tent?
Hey man its been a pleasure having you; ) il be doing another grow journal for my next run;) just need to decide whether to carry it on in this thread or start a new one ?!?
Anyway, il do a bit more digging on the organic side of things as it really grabs my attention, not that badly priced either all considered!!

At harvest time, cos im doing one of the girls first due to her ripening quicker, I got a big 60l plastic storage container which iv hung lines in and cut a hole either end, one end to connect a small fan and the other end I'm attaching to my intake ducting, hoping it will filter the smell with it being sucked thru the tent and out the filter, that's the idea anyway!! other thought I had was to create a shelf at the top of tent to block the light below and hang in there, I figured that would be too warm wen lights come on tho so opted for the other method;) il let you know how it works!!
If you guys have any good suggestions tho I'm all ears ;)

I also came across this, was a good read and something I'd like to try on a side by side, any of you guys defoliating as heavy as this?
Won't let me copy and paste so il post link below! !

Cheers Orcaman

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey Eskii, I want to suggest drying your plants inside the tent even if you stagger your harvest. The light will not hurt your buds drying. Just string some twine up high in the tent and let the trimmed branches hang upside down all around the light. Generally this will take five to ten days depending on humidity and bud density. I also want to show you another line of organic nutes that is worth looking into with a great reputation. We almost went to this line of nutes. Then a crew from Bio Bizz collaborated with General Hydroponics to create General Organics and we decided to go with the GO line. Ha Ha. Here is a link and they sell world wide and also sell a try pack. http://www.biobizz.com/products Nice tutorial on fan leaf removal. Your lower bud will always suffer without continuous defoliation as they finish.

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Hey Eskii, I want to suggest drying your plants inside the tent even if you stagger your harvest. The light will not hurt your buds drying. Just string some twine up high in the tent and let the trimmed branches hang upside down all around the light. Generally this will take five to ten days depending on humidity and bud density. I also want to show you another line of organic nutes that is worth looking into with a great reputation. We almost went to this line of nutes. Then a crew from Bio Bizz collaborated with General Hydroponics to create General Organics and we decided to go with the GO line. Ha Ha. Here is a link and they sell world wide and also sell a try pack. http://www.biobizz.com/products Nice tutorial on fan leaf removal. Your lower bud will always suffer without continuous defoliation as they finish.
Hey man in regards to drying in my tent, I was originally hoping to do this but then I started thinking about temps, I range from anywhere between 16c and 27c and my humidity never goes above 50%, heres my question, would 27c not dry the buds out too quickly? Or with it being a constant fluctuation between the two every 12 hours does it balance things out so to speak? ? It would make life a damn site easier;)!!

Cheers for the link man il give it a looksy ;) they actually sell bio Bizz at my local hydro store so could be on to a winner!!

Top Bottom