Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Ye that 8 weeks shit from barneys is a load of bollix nearly all strains iv grown so far have needed that extra week or two or even 3! Heres a pic of my critical kush day 51 of flower. She can do with another 2 weeks at least. I have 2 liberty haze going alongside just gonna chop everything when they are finished which should be 2-3 weeks. Its sounding a bit ominous for eskiiboy its been ages since his last post which was just before harvest if im not mistaken??? Dodgy.

That plant looks nearly done so I don't know what your problem is. Before you go spitin over another breeder make sure you know what you're doing in the first place. Unless your drying and curing without cutting the plant down there's no need to let that plant go another 2 or 3 weeks.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

That plant looks nearly done so I don't know what your problem is. Before you go spitin over another breeder make sure you know what you're doing in the first place. Unless your drying and curing without cutting the plant down there's no need to let that plant go another 2 or 3 weeks.

I think done is a subjective term, l think at 8 weeks with any critical is just not enough time to get a truly good fruit. Can it be done in 8, surely if one likes immature fruit! At 10 weeks she has weight and looks good but the bud is just to airy with less then desireable pungency, at best, a mediocre product. Next tray of critical kush is getting 11 or 12 weeks, then we shall see if it's worth keeping.

In fact most plants need at least 10 weeks plus IMHO to get a superior product.

Gary Host

Gary Host

I think done is a subjective term, l think at 8 weeks with any critical is just not enough time to get a truly good fruit. Can it be done in 8, surely if one likes immature fruit! At 10 weeks she has weight and looks good but the bud is just to airy with less then desireable pungency, at best, a mediocre product. Next tray of critical kush is getting 11 or 12 weeks, then we shall see if it's worth keeping.

In fact most plants need at least 10 weeks plus IMHO to get a superior product.

So you flower afghanies and other indicas for atleast 10 weeks .. does the potency return after it breaks down in week 9 ?

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

So you flower afghanies and other indicas for atleast 10 weeks .. does the potency return after it breaks down in week 9 ?

Break down in a week? I really do not get it? I find the magical 8 or 9 that seed houses gives is strictly an I would suggest is "viable" not "optimal" time frame. Kind of like a sales pitch. Are you actually telling me that your indica strains start breaking down after 8 weeks?

Ps, plus were we not talking about Critical Kush?

e4ian

e4ian

Ye that 8 weeks shit from barneys is a load of bollix nearly all strains iv grown so far have needed that extra week or two or even 3! Heres a pic of my critical kush day 51 of flower. She can do with another 2 weeks at least. I have 2 liberty haze going alongside just gonna chop everything when they are finished which should be 2-3 weeks. Its sounding a bit ominous for eskiiboy its been ages since his last post which was just before harvest if im not mistaken??? Dodgy.

just saying 56 is 8 wks! --Trich' test when that time arrives.I'll post Results Smoker

D

Dr FeelsGood

I think I know what im doing!! at least i hope I do! I dont chop the plants by how the buds or pistils look I use a loupe to check the trichs. Usually like to chop when 50% are amber and 50% cloudy . At the moment they are mostly clear with some cloudy. So for my personal tastes I like to leave the plants the extra week or two to bring out that couchlock effect.

just saying 56 is 8 wks! --Trich' test when that time arrives.I'll post Results

Ye man but I dont think the extra 5 days would make much difference to the trichs?!! I could b wrong im not very experienced! just my fourth grow! Iv been checkin the trichs for the past week or so they are still mostly clear but when its past the 8 week mark ill post the trich results.

e4ian

e4ian

a thing i will say... when Cetrain Plants go past what is Considered Their prime they do get a "weathered..?" and maybe Superior look But Logically its the trich's condition thats important..!

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

a thing i will say... when Cetrain Plants go past what is Considered Their prime they do get a "weathered..?" and maybe Superior look But Logically its the trich's condition thats important..!

Yea well I think Prime is debateable. Yet 8 weeks just will not get u prime in almost all cases. I see the 8 week machine shit coming out of Cal. and Col., looks like hell n High is short lived. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

20150812 122930
Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

This is the pict i was thinking of, crit kush at 8.5 weeks. Still needs at least 2 more weeks, if not the bud will be to airy with little ordor. Hopefully at 11 the bud itself will have density, good smell and a better kush high!

20150812 122828
Last edited:
e4ian

e4ian

Gr8 Friggin Pics Oms... Kudos (sure 1's gone from the previous page? i got it anyway ;) )

" I remember the Bubba kush was Done in 8 weeks,the (or a) Purple kush too
My Dogjones, Chemdog D x chemmyjones was done in 7-8 wks! Quite well done too! ..Any longer and she's liable to getting Mold

Last edited:
Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Yea well with any perishable one will face mold at times. A never ending battle, usually rears its ugly face when i get lazy on my watch!

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Gr8 Friggin Pics Oms... Kudos (sure 1's gone from the previous page? i got it anyway ;) )

" I remember the Bubba kush was Done in 8 weeks,the (or a) Purple kush too
My Dogjones, Chemdog D x chemmyjones was done in 7-8 wks! Quite well done too! ..Any longer and she's liable to getting Mold

What medium r u using? I am in coco with flood trays. Thinking drip system be better for coco.

e4ian

e4ian

I Was always a DWC Grower - No medium other than Oxygenated water! Now tho? I do 3 Via H/W in Coir.. "thats Always 10 days+ Slower to Finish.."

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I Was always a DWC Grower - No medium other than Oxygenated water! Now tho? I do 3 Via H/W in Coir.. "thats Always 10 days+ Slower to Finish.."

Well okay, so really I need the extra time to finish. Was wondering how you finish sooner.

e4ian

e4ian

"Some" of the Experienced Growers i know are always Using Drippers on Coir !?...

^Tbh tho..Apart from "Nowadays" I was always watering only once a day !????

e4ian

e4ian

Oms a dude on ic agrees with what you say:
I've grown lots of strains from Barney's. In my book their strains are notorious for not finishing anywhere close to the finish time in the description. Tangerine dream- I let the pheno I got go 10 weeks, and it still could have went another 2 or more. Liberty Haze- same thing, let it go 10 weeks, and it could have went another 2 easy. CBD Critical Cure, and CBD Blue Shark both should have said 70 days instead of 60. ....

Limonene

Limonene

A pal of mine just grew out 3 pineapple chunks - worst plants and weed i have seen in years. I am VERY familiar with both parents to this strain and there is no way the plants derived from those - 2 of them turned purple(?)(cheese and pineapple?)Horrible to grow, even worse to smoke - Barneys farm are one of the worst seed banks out there.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I've grown lots of strains from Barney's. In my book their strains are notorious for not finishing anywhere close to the finish time in the description. Tangerine dream- I let the pheno I got go 10 weeks, and it still could have went another 2 or more. Liberty Haze- same thing, let it go 10 weeks, and it could have went another 2 easy. CBD Critical Cure, and CBD Blue Shark both should

have said 70 days instead of 60. ....
Thats been my experience.

A pal of mine just grew out 3 pineapple chunks - worst plants and weed i have seen in years. I am VERY familiar with both parents to this strain and there is no way the plants derived from those - 2 of them turned purple(?)(cheese and pineapple?)Horrible to grow, even worse to smoke - Barneys farm are one of the worst seed banks out there.

Well shit, just put in 20 pineapple chunk seeds! From Barneys.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I've grown lots of strains from Barney's. In my book their strains are notorious for not finishing anywhere close to the finish time in the description. Tangerine dream- I let the pheno I got go 10 weeks, and it still could have went another 2 or more. Liberty Haze- same thing, let it go 10 weeks, and it could have went another 2 easy. CBD Critical Cure, and CBD Blue Shark both should have said 70 days instead of 60. ....

I am now in week 9 with the critical kush. No signs of anything wrong an it is now just starting to put on a good rather lemony smell. While the tops are looking good another two weeks and it might be a keeper.

Top Bottom