Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bones69

Bones69

Excellent link and seems close to my temps. 80 Fahrenheit lights on 57 off.
3 of my 7 flowering ladies are turning purple. Kushberry, bubbalicious and a super skunk. Eskiiboy, if you flipped get rid of heater bro.
Good info here.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

There's no real "upper limit" for co2, (recommend grow room value around 1500 ppm) No reason to make it a hassle, any extra co2 you add by fermentation will just be a bonus for the ladies helping them turn that calvin cyckle faster.

About getting them to show the purple (zanaphyll) here's a good blogarticle about it, http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-grow-purple-marijuana/
Sounds like you know you're stuff man; ) good article also, cheers man you're help is much appreciated!

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 44 update
day 6 of flower

Well the heaters been disconnected and the intake ducting fixed to the roof of my loft, iv got a little vent which allows air into my loft so iv attached to that so as to suck cool fresh air from outside in, cheers for the advice guys ;) started LST'ing them all the other day and did some more tonight, really starting to bush out!!
Some more pics below
the last pic is after I LST'd them, tied all the tops down to try keep an even canopy, looks as tho I'm gonna have shit loads of tops; ) also notice the co2 bubbling away ;)
PicsArt 1426818456208
PicsArt 1426818490922
PicsArt 1426818586294
20150320 013612
PicsArt 1426818669037

Gary Host

Gary Host

co2 is more heavy than "normal air" .. it's therefore better if you can elevate the container somehow. For instance hanging it behind the oscillating fan ?

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

co2 is more heavy than "normal air" .. it's therefore better if you can elevate the container somehow. For instance hanging it behind the oscillating fan ?
On it; ) cheers man! ! Youre like a fountain of knowledge! !

H

happy b

They critical kush are looking good Eskii boy . You may have wrote it already and I missed it but wen u gonna flip em?
Iv got a barneys farm liberty haze freebie (Chemdog 91 x g13haze) at around 4weeks bloom . really frosty so it is.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

They critical kush are looking good Eskii boy . You may have wrote it already and I missed it but wen u gonna flip em?
Iv got a barneys farm liberty haze freebie (Chemdog 91 x g13haze) at around 4weeks bloom . really frosty so it is.
Flipped em 6 days ago mate so the count down has started; )

Sounds good man have you got a grow journal going for it ? I'd love to see em;) I was in amsterdam last month as it happens and liberty haze was top of the menu in a lot of the coffee shops, such a smooth smoke and the smell is amazing; ) you've got a good strain going there my friend!!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Looking good eskiiboy uk, Gary Host is right about using generated CO2. Hang it as high as you can for the best distribution. I'm using MyCO2 mushroom boxes to generate CO2. They recommend to mount next to the top of the light if possible to best evenly distribute. From looking at your last images I wanted to put in a little input. First I want to suggest that you remove all main fan leaves except the top two to allow more light through the whole plant. Second is I would move your fan up a good foot. They are very laid over! Your plants are in stretch mode now in bloom. At this stage I've seen two plus inches in growth a day in some strains for the next week or so. Just trying to help some.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Looking good eskiiboy uk, Gary Host is right about using generated CO2. Hang it as high as you can for the best distribution. I'm using MyCO2 mushroom boxes to generate CO2. They recommend to mount next to the top of the light if possible to best evenly distribute. From looking at your last images I wanted to put in a little input. First I want to suggest that you remove all main fan leaves except the top two to allow more light through the whole plant. Second is I would move your fan up a good foot. They are very laid over! Your plants are in stretch mode now in bloom. At this stage I've seen two plus inches in growth a day in some strains for the next week or so. Just trying to help some.

Cheers for the advice Orcaman;) il be doing that as soon as I get home, actually makes a lot of sense!! As for defoliating, iv read that it's not good to chop anything during the two week stretch period and aim to prune at the 3rd week of flower, saying that tho iv read alot of techniques :) currently iv just been tucking the leaves but il do a bit of reading tonight, I fully trust your advice;) I just like to read as much as I can before I put in to practice!!!

Oh and my girls are all laid over and looking windswept because iv started LST'ING them, all the main tops have been tied and pulled down to a 90 degree angle over the side of the pot, it's worked a dream actually as all the inner growth has now exploded and is almost level to the main cola (once un tied)!! Looks to be about 6-10 tops per plant;) got my fan blowing on them set on its lowest setting but Il raise it up tonight see how it pans out;)

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

When you thin the plants. Just take the biggest fan leaves. They will start to purple the leaf stems that the plant wants removed from its self.

Gary Host

Gary Host

cutting/thining out, is really up to the grower. there's different schools of this. Eskiiboy, how's progress? Any pictures 4us

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 49
day 11 of flower

Hi guys, so here's where I'm at, I took all your advice and put it all into practice, thanks for taking the time by the way, its definitely had its benefits; )
I trimmed the undergrowth and removed a few of the big fan leaves blocking the light, LST'ING them worked a treat aswel as iv now got a flat shelf of tops ;) gave them another full strength feed last night and they absolutely love it;) canna coco is amazing stuff, iv used nothing but a+b and a little cal mag so far and the results speak for them self's, they currently stand at 15 inch tall and about 16 inch wide with not one unhealthy leaf in sight;) pistils popping out nicely aswel, I think I'm in love with this strain, gonna start adding pk 13/14 and canna boost accelerator as of next week, looking good so far!!!

Also 2 of the girls are finally moving home tomorrow to my mates as I'm stuck for space etc, getting half of wat he yields tho so it benefits us both, i get more space for the 3 im keeping and he finally has a hobby worth doing, not decided which to hand over yet tho, not an easy decision.. anyway couple more pics below ;)
20150324 234017
20150324 234041
20150324 234047
20150324 234141
20150324 234154
20150324 234411

Gary Host

Gary Host

Looking good eskiiboy, almost looks like a scrog. Did you lst and top, or just lst? Soo eager to try this strain in one of our rooms here.

Keep it up mate! ..

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Looking good eskiiboy, almost looks like a scrog. Did you lst and top, or just lst? Soo eager to try this strain in one of our rooms here.

Keep it up mate! ..
I just LST'D mate, the girls were that bushy there was no reason to top, I literally pulled the main colas to a 90 degree angle and held them there for 4 days before cutting the string and setting em free again, in this time all the side shoots and inner growth caught up to an equal height, love lst'ing its so simple yet so effective, Really impressed with barneys farm seeds aswel the smell is out of this world, every time I open my tent the smell hits you in the face, it's so sweet and pungent;) the flowers are gonna stink I can already tell, thank god for the rhino pro filter; )

Orcaman

Orcaman

You should of taken cuttings. You have some very potential looking keepers. Then it would not matter which two you give to your friend. I take a cutting of every plant. Then keep the ones we like. To see the true nature of the plant usually takes two to three grows for maturity. They just start alternation in the first run. Something to think about with your next grow.:)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

You should of taken cuttings. You have some very potential looking keepers. Then it would not matter which two you give to your friend. I take a cutting of every plant. Then keep the ones we like. To see the true nature of the plant usually takes two to three grows for maturity. They just start alternation in the first run. Something to think about with your next grow.:)
Cheers Orcaman, as I'm new to this growing scene iv not got as far cloning and mother plants etc however it's the next step without a doubt!! I'm guessing id need a second tent etc, also wat would be the best light to use for the seedling / veg stage, I used my 600w hps from about 5 days old with these girls but I'm guessing there's a more cost effective choice that will give me similar results? I'm growing in my loft and don't fancy running more hps lights than I need to as the helicopters are forever flying over my house, paranoid I know but every day in Britain there busting 100s of grows lol and im already in trouble with the law for cannabis as explained in one of my first posts!! Anyway I'm gonna find out wat I need equipment wise and il go out and buy it, guessing it's too late to take cuttings now the girls on day 15 of flower? Iv got some research to do on the topic I know that much!!

Top Bottom