Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Subscribed
Hi bro from the UK ;), your CK are looking good bro, they're next in my room along with some cheese and super shark...

dayday
You won't be disappointed with your choice on the ck mate, absolutely pleasure to grow.. my last run I did uk cheese from clone, 21 plants in a 2m x 2m tent, it was the strongest weed id ever smoked and everyone else agreed and these were some veteran smokers, I went to amsterdam and the stuff over there didn't touch wat I had and I know the coffee shops to go too, closest place that had anything like it strength wise was "The Grey Area Coffee Shop" hoping this ck will match up to my last crop..

Here's a link to the UK cheese I ran, I never got to finish the thread but you get a good idea ;)

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...eks-in-to-flowering.69464/page-2#post-1387018

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 66
Day 28 flower

Well guys it's all exploded these past few days;) thc everywhere and colas starting to spread down the stems and joining up, the smell is out of this world defo got a dominant smell of kush, so sweet and pungent, looks like it's gonna be true to it's nature and produce a big yield, some colas are 9inch long already; ) fed 2 days ago with full strength everything and they loved it as usual ;) I fed 4ml a+b per litre, 4ml boost per litre and 1.5ml pk per litre, all full strength recommended doses from the bottle instructions and I bet they can still take more
Pics below fellas

20150409 190326
Screenshot 2015 04 10 22 57 26
Screenshot 2015 04 10 22 57 49
20150409 191053
20150409 190301
20150409 190326
20150409 192419

Last edited:
theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Very fine looking plants. Sweet.

I think you will be happy eskiiboy uk. This is one of my favorites in its class. Seems to be fairly potent and fairly good taste even when taken early and not cured properly. But wait because it gets a lot better. Which class it is I'm not sure. o_O Seems like lots of variation in the plants in the grows I have seen. Some complain. To me it spells FUN and High Times.:) Can be very versatile. Anyone who only has room to do 1 gallon pots give this one a try.

Watch your clones carefully. Even off the same mother plant you may find a clone that has leaves that are more indica like or more sativa like than the others. Let the fun begin. It may be better. It may be compost. It may be different enough. Now wasnt that fun?

40 days into flower ... start checking it daily ... can go much longer (8 weeks) ... but depending on what you want for a final product (head vs couch) ... it may be ready ... or maybe one and then in a day or so ...

At any rate people report that it can be as little as 3 days from the time the plant tells them its almost ready ... to the time it is ready vs the 1-3 weeks it takes most others. No matter what method used to determine ... this seems to be the report.

PLEASE do not harvest early because of what I say. Let the plant tell you when it is ready.

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Very fine looking plants. Sweet.

I think you will be happy eskiiboy uk. This is one of my favorites in its class. Seems to be fairly potent and fairly good taste even when taken early and not cured properly. But wait because it gets a lot better. Which class it is I'm not sure. o_O Seems like lots of variation in the plants in the grows I have seen. Some complain. To me it spells FUN and High Times.:) Can be very versatile. Anyone who only has room to do 1 gallon pots give this one a try.

Watch your clones carefully. Even off the same mother plant you may find a clone that has leaves that are more indica like or more sativa like than the others. Let the fun begin. It may be better. It may be compost. It may be different enough. Now wasnt that fun?

40 days into flower ... start checking it daily ... can go much longer (8 weeks) ... but depending on what you want for a final product (head vs couch) ... it may be ready ... or maybe one and then in a day or so ...

At any rate people report that it can be as little as 3 days from the time the plant tells them its almost ready ... to the time it is ready vs the 1-3 weeks it takes most others. No matter what method used to determine ... this seems to be the report.

PLEASE do not harvest early because of what I say. Let the plant tell you when it is ready.
Looking at the girls iv definitely got good genetics, one or two different phenos in there too;) so after hearing the good things you had to say about the cks you've seen in the past its got me excited, I can already tell she's gonna be nice but how nice we'll just have to wait and see; )!! And as for chopping early lol don't worry about that, I plan on giving the girls the full run, I'm all about the trichomes, iv got my 20x loupe and my 100x pocket microscope at the ready!! on my last run the UK cheese I harvested at 30% amber to 70% cloudy and boy did it send you to heaven;) going for the same this time, although may go 50/50 amber to cloudy, get that extreme couch lock going off haha ;) everyday from like week 5 onwards I'm in there checking out the trichs, I love this game, only on my second run and im addicted to this shit, I thought I'd be a grandad before I took up gardening lol but then cannabis entered my life, I know one thing tho, il have some lovely rose bushes wen I'm older ;)

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Just a heads up man ... people who are all about trichs are reporting that they are freaking out at how fast the trichs can change on these girls ... 3 days on some vs what they are used to. If you check them everyday your good. But being able to read your plants makes checking them even easier.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Looking at the girls iv definitely got good genetics, one or two different phenos in there too;) so after hearing the good things you had to say about the cks you've seen in the past its got me excited, I can already tell she's gonna be nice but how nice we'll just have to wait and see; )!! And as for chopping early lol don't worry about that, I plan on giving the girls the full run, I'm all about the trichomes, iv got my 20x loupe and my 100x pocket microscope at the ready!! on my last run the UK cheese I harvested at 30% amber to 70% cloudy and boy did it send you to heaven;) going for the same this time, although may go 50/50 amber to cloudy, get that extreme couch lock going off haha ;) everyday from like week 5 onwards I'm in there checking out the trichs, I love this game, only on my second run and im addicted to this shit, I thought I'd be a grandad before I took up gardening lol but then cannabis entered my life, I know one thing tho, il have some lovely rose bushes wen I'm older ;)
Glad to see you have a scope to check the trichs. I think you will be disappointed with potency and flavor going more then 30% amber. I never go more then 20%. I also wanted to say your plants are looking great with your feeding. Don't push them with too much nutes as it is so hard to reverse problems from over feeding. Looking like about 30 more days to harvest.:) Here is a chart my wife found years ago.
When To Harvest

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Just a heads up man ... people who are all about trichs are reporting that they are freaking out at how fast the trichs can change on these girls ... 3 days on some vs what they are used to. If you check them everyday your good. But being able to read your plants makes checking them even easier.
Cheers theseekeroft ;) hoping mine are more on the quick side aswel ;) so easy to get impatient but like I always say 'why short change yourself for the sake of an extra week, same goes for drying and curing, best way iv had it explained to me is like this, a tomato wen green doesn't taste nice but leave it to ripen and turn red and it becomes juicy and flavoursome, same applies with bud;) on my last uk cheese grow I dried slowly and cured in glass jars at 65% humidity (the cure zone) some for 2weeks and a month for others and man was it dank!! Planning on sticking a bit of this harvest in the freezer till Christmas time, get a 9 month cure and the best Xmas smoke imaginable haha;)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Glad to see you have a scope to check the trichs. I think you will be disappointed with potency and flavor going more then 30% amber. I never go more then 20%. I also wanted to say your plants are looking great with your feeding. Don't push them with too much nutes as it is so hard to reverse problems from over feeding. Looking like about 30 more days to harvest.:) Here is a chart my wife found years ago.
View attachment 501654

So 50/50 is a big no no then, luckily I have you guiding my way lol;) so 20/80 is the sweet spot in your opinion? Im gonna have to open the Google search bar and get my head in the books, so much to learn which is wat I love about it all.. love the chart btw;) doesn't get simpler than that

Reactions: Goz
dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
You won't be disappointed with your choice on the ck mate, absolutely pleasure to grow.. my last run I did uk cheese from clone, 21 plants in a 2m x 2m tent, it was the strongest weed id ever smoked and everyone else agreed and these were some veteran smokers, I went to amsterdam and the stuff over there didn't touch wat I had and I know the coffee shops to go too, closest place that had anything like it strength wise was "The Grey Area Coffee Shop" hoping this ck will match up to my last crop..

Here's a link to the UK cheese I ran, I never got to finish the thread but you get a good idea ;)

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...eks-in-to-flowering.69464/page-2#post-1387018

Totally agree with you with the Amsterdam stuff mate, you have to search the coffee shops to find a good smoke out there, I think there's much better stuff here in the UK these days :)..
Your CK are looking lush mate keep up the good work ;);)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Totally agree with you with the Amsterdam stuff mate, you have to search the coffee shops to find a good smoke out there, I think there's much better stuff here in the UK these days :)..
Your CK are looking lush mate keep up the good work ;);)
Cheers man you should see the thc now ;) il put some more pics up tomoz!!

Definatly mate, Stuff over here in the UK is amazing man;) iv got a few guys that are always guaranteed to have top smoke, 20quid for 2g or 225 on the oz, steep prices but the quality is knock out!! currently smoking a fat cheese joint watching The Football Factory on Film 4, can't beat that for a Saturday night, in fact il post a pic of the bud I'm toking on looks fucking lovely lol
Screenshot 2015 04 11 23 34 43
;)

Reactions: Goz
theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Great chart Orcaman. Im not sure if Im getting across what Im trying to get across. Good excuse though. BF Critical Kush gets me to fucking stoned:) to write!o_O Hope you like it as much as I do eskiiboy uk. Not many days now! But the chart really helps. Please excuse me if you all already get what Im saying ... but if you are really into trichs this is really important. Do a search ... a long one ... stuff about BF Critical Kush was hard to find for me .... buried in with so much other stuff ... took me many hours of searching to come up with what I learned.

Really man ... People who are all about trichs are reporting that they are freaking out at how fast the trichs can change on these girls ... 3 days on some phenos vs the 2 to 3 weeks ... as shown in the chart!

Dependent on the variety I dont like to harvest all at a certain stage. Enjoy the changes that occur in the final product if done at 2 to 3 different trich stages. Like maybe 20%, 50% and 75%. Why not get more variety out of the grow.?

carBon.14

carBon.14

Day 66
Day 28 flower

Well guys it's all exploded these past few days;) thc everywhere and colas starting to spread down the stems and joining up, the smell is out of this world defo got a dominant smell of kush, so sweet and pungent, looks like it's gonna be true to it's nature and produce a big yield, some colas are 9inch long already; ) fed 2 days ago with full strength everything and they loved it as usual ;) I fed 4ml a+b per litre, 4ml boost per litre and 1.5ml pk per litre, all full strength recommended doses from the bottle instructions and I bet they can still take more
Pics below fellas

View attachment 501430 View attachment 501431 View attachment 501432 View attachment 501433 View attachment 501434 View attachment 501435 View attachment 501436
lovely photos!!!

G gnome

G gnome

Cheers guys and girls your input is much appreciated, this is my second grow, my first was from clones(uk cheese) and man did it stink, had 21 plants SOG style under 2x 600w hps, vegd for 2 weeks and flowered for 9 and got 29 ounce of the strongest weed iv had the pleasure of smoking, here's a few pics, for my first grow I was over the moon!!! View attachment 489393 View attachment 489394 View attachment 489395 View attachment 489396
Excellent work my friend. I got buddies who've been doing it for years who don't do that nice of a job. Great uniformity on the sog. Hats off to you. Stay outta trouble

Orcaman

Orcaman

Great chart Orcaman. Im not sure if Im getting across what Im trying to get across. Good excuse though. BF Critical Kush gets me to fucking stoned:) to write!o_O Hope you like it as much as I do eskiiboy uk. Not many days now! But the chart really helps. Please excuse me if you all already get what Im saying ... but if you are really into trichs this is really important. Do a search ... a long one ... stuff about BF Critical Kush was hard to find for me .... buried in with so much other stuff ... took me many hours of searching to come up with what I learned.

Really man ... People who are all about trichs are reporting that they are freaking out at how fast the trichs can change on these girls ... 3 days on some phenos vs the 2 to 3 weeks ... as shown in the chart!

Dependent on the variety I dont like to harvest all at a certain stage. Enjoy the changes that occur in the final product if done at 2 to 3 different trich stages. Like maybe 20%, 50% and 75%. Why not get more variety out of the grow.?
I agree with what you're saying theseekeroft, I only trich check on the first run of a strain for a ballpark finish. Then if we like the strain we vary the harvest to find its best taste and high combination that suites us. This way we know exact days to finish all of our strains. This really helps when growing perpetually.

H

happy b

Dont have a journal on the liberty haze eskii boy but heres a and a few snaps.
got the LH as freebie from the tude and as it was Chemdog 91 x g13haze i popped it coz id never tried a Chemdog 91 cross but had heard good stuff about the cut.i wasnt expecting too much as my freind grew out the barneys g13haze a while back and it was pure bland with no haze element that i could detect.
so i popped it and grew it out in a small dwc for the first few weeks of veg(topped a couple times) then transplanted it ,net pot and all,into a small 4 litr pot of good quality organic soil with some great white bennies around the root zone and left to veg for another week or so to let the roots settle into the dirt then flipped it.it was kept out the way in the corner of the grow room so it didnt get as high levels of light as it maybe should have.it started producing resin very early in flower.i feed it on bio bizz grow and canna organic bloom with molasses for carbo hydrates and for the bennies.
it didnt have much smell to it all through bloom though it was FROSTY AS HELL!(i know!theres no frost in hell but you know what i mean).
flowered for 9weeks then chopped.
heres a few pics of the LIBERTY HAZE
@ around 4/5 weeks bloom
20150325 130659
@ 8 weeks bloom
20150401 021455
@ 9 weeks (chop)
1428498604290 906037918
i took a test nug at 8 weeks and dried it for a week and this stuff has fuel funk!
the buds are tight as they come with a solid yeild.iv left a few small airy buds and a few leaves on the bottom of the plant and im going to reveg it as i didnt take any cuttings.
Your critical kush are looking bloody awesome!looks like theyr goin to giv you a great yeild.good show eskii boy.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

I agree with what you're saying theseekeroft, I only trich check on the first run of a strain for a ballpark finish. Then if we like the strain we vary the harvest to find its best taste and high combination that suites us. This way we know exact days to finish all of our strains. This really helps when growing perpetually.

Orcaman and theseekeroft you guys are playing in whole different ball game ;) I'm still in little league as only been at it since October 2014, I can't wait to upgrade my rooms to accommodate anything close to wat you guys are doing, perpetual would be fantastic and without a doubt is wat I'm working towards!! Once this ck is harvested il be building myself a seedling area and a separate veg tent, the mistake on this run is that I didn't already have it in place so these beautiful girls are on a one night stand so to speak;) would it be worth re vegging one of them after harvest or is that not advisable?
Now on to harvesting at different trich stages, would I benefit from monster cropping to acheive? Or would I do well just harvesting 1 plant at say 20/80 then another at 30/70 and the 3rd so on and so forth? Sorry for all the rookie questions but you gotta start some where I guess... Cheers lads

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Excellent work my friend. I got buddies who've been doing it for years who don't do that nice of a job. Great uniformity on the sog. Hats off to you. Stay outta trouble
Cheers man, all acheived from just LST'ING, the girls were so bushy there was no reason to top, plus I kinda like the idea of keeping the main colas untouched with these girls, hoping for some beer can sized buds ;)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Dont have a journal on the liberty haze eskii boy but heres a and a few snaps.
got the LH as freebie from the tude and as it was Chemdog 91 x g13haze i popped it coz id never tried a Chemdog 91 cross but had heard good stuff about the cut.i wasnt expecting too much as my freind grew out the barneys g13haze a while back and it was pure bland with no haze element that i could detect.
so i popped it and grew it out in a small dwc for the first few weeks of veg(topped a couple times) then transplanted it ,net pot and all,into a small 4 litr pot of good quality organic soil with some great white bennies around the root zone and left to veg for another week or so to let the roots settle into the dirt then flipped it.it was kept out the way in the corner of the grow room so it didnt get as high levels of light as it maybe should have.it started producing resin very early in flower.i feed it on bio bizz grow and canna organic bloom with molasses for carbo hydrates and for the bennies.
it didnt have much smell to it all through bloom though it was FROSTY AS HELL!(i know!theres no frost in hell but you know what i mean).
flowered for 9weeks then chopped.
heres a few pics of the LIBERTY HAZE
@ around 4/5 weeks bloomView attachment 501846@ 8 weeks bloomView attachment 501845@ 9 weeks (chop)View attachment 501847i took a test nug at 8 weeks and dried it for a week and this stuff has fuel funk!
the buds are tight as they come with a solid yeild.iv left a few small airy buds and a few leaves on the bottom of the plant and im going to reveg it as i didnt take any cuttings.
Your critical kush are looking bloody awesome!looks like theyr goin to giv you a great yeild.good show eskii boy.
Them sir look fucking amazing;) I was smoking on liberty haze in dam February just gone, it looked no where near as nice as those tho mate;) hats off to you. iv only ever used coco with canna a+b canna boost and pk, this run I used nothing but the a+b until the 2nd week of flower, at that point i introduced the boost and pk;) hardest thing in the world deciding wat nutes to use etc, I'm happy with the results that canna give tho so il be with them for a good few years, or until my knowledge grows and I figure out some new methods and wat not!! heard amazing things about the nutes your using tho and the pics speak for itself; )
You mentioned re vegging after harvest? do you get good results from this as I never managed to get any cuttings either? would be a real game changer for me if I got to keep her for another couple of runs;)

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

would it be worth re vegging one of them after harvest or is that not advisable?
Cant help you with that one ... been there ... done that ... did not like it ... rather go with clone or seed. May just be easier to start with a new clone or seed. But it does work ... so why not give it a go? Plus sometime you might fuck up and put your mother into flower and not realize it until it is to late (know people who have done this - shit happens). This is your chance to learn how to do it before you have to do it!

Now on to harvesting at different trich stages, would I benefit from monster cropping to acheive? Or would I do well just harvesting 1 plant at say 20/80 then another at 30/70 and the 3rd so on and so forth? Sorry for all the rookie questions but you gotta start some where I guess
Hey man we are always rookies ... just some have been rookies longer than others!:)

Now on to harvesting at different trich stages, would I benefit from monster cropping to acheive? Or would I do well just harvesting 1 plant at say 20/80 then another at 30/70 and the 3rd so on and so forth?
Not sure if I know what you mean re monster cropping. But monster cropping may or may not work better than re vegging. Try both.

Re harvesting. Spread out the harvest. Variety is the spice of life. However, if it is for a specific medical condition ... thats different ... you want to harvest with that in mind.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey eskiiboy uk, It a pleasure hanging around, and want to say again. Your growing skills a stellar, and nutes are working great. I like to say if it aint broke, don't try to fix it! As far as Barneys farm there are a lot of variables in there seeds being a big constant breeder compared to single run breeders. I my opinion they have some of the best fem seeds on the market. I have grown there Red Dragon, Blue Cheese, Acapulco Gold, Tangerine Dream, and Critical Cure. Only disliking the Tangerine Dream. Sounds like you need to get some more seeds and go from there. I suggest going with a different breeder next to compare. This gives you time to move forward and develop your grow areas for your needs. Hope your wife is feeling better!

Top Bottom