• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning OFC, how`s your slice of the farm today ? Here it snowed all night, just now getting light enough to see how much. Appears to be enough to make me go out and fire up the snow blower. But first we gotta have a session of "wake n bake". Cup of coffee and a bowl of medicinal herb and I`m ready. Here we go, puff, puff, pass.

Hippie

Hippie

51 degrees here and fog. Snow's all gone except a pile in the ditch that I dumped outta my driveway with the front end loader. If this is global warming, bring it! Can't remember a day in February where it was shirt sleeve weather. Keeps this up, I'm dragging out the sandals again!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I do not consider myself too much of a grouch but one thing that really gets me and the wife should know better is ..
Example..
Dishwasher will not drain waste water. Here I am struggling to try and fix and what does she say..
Looks like we will have to get a man out to fix....
I am not getting no god dam man out at 50 bucks and hour to fix this god dam thing!!!!
My dad was the very same way...
Took a break, cup o coffee smoke 1/2 dube pretty sure we will not have to get a god dam man out to fix.....
Dads laughing

kevinn

kevinn

I do not consider myself too much of a grouch but one thing that really gets me and the wife should know better is ..
Example..
Dishwasher will not drain waste water. Here I am struggling to try and fix and what does she say..
Looks like we will have to get a man out to fix....
I am not getting no god dam man out at 50 bucks and hour to fix this god dam thing!!!!
My dad was the very same way...
Took a break, cup o coffee smoke 1/2 dube pretty sure we will not have to get a god dam man out to fix.....
Dads laughing

Same way here !!! But after the 1/2 dube, I spend more time looking for where I put my tools down. Most times, I am sitting on them.

stonestacker

stonestacker

@chickenman Try these guys I use them all the time. Plus they're close so I drive over and get my parts. Troubleshooting and diagnostics plus you can return any parts no questions asked.
repairclinic.com
I don't need no damn repair man!

kevinn

kevinn

@chickenman Try these guys I use them all the time. Plus they're close so I drive over and get my parts. Troubleshooting and diagnostics plus you can return any parts no questions asked.
repairclinic.com
I don't need no damn repair man!

That's is who I use also. Get parts in 2 days and they also have how too videos on-line. I don't know how people can afford repairmen for everything.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty sure the fix is in.
Some how a fishing fly and line got sucked into discharge pump.
Took unit out,, cleaned under, mouse turds, crapola, cleaned discharge line..
We purchased top of line kitchen appliances, Viking.
Got a deal on the whole kitchen, dishwasher, stove and fridge.
The dishwasher and stove, especially the stove are awesome but the $7,000.oo fridge was the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen.
They sent a man out at least 20 times, flew in the top guy twice, ice maker would not work, drawers cracked and were replaced 4 times.
They sent a whole new unit still issues. Finally the got real pissed and refunded our money and we got a Kenmore 1/2 the price twice the size no issues.
Got to secure the machine, no man needed.
Also grain grinder, parts ordered used daily for 10 years wore out but can be easily rebuilt for under 100 bucks, good for at least another 15 years....
Fix it day....
Fixodent and forget it..

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good job Chickenman.
I just love it when the mrs stands over my shoulder and tries to tell me how to fix it lol.
She gets her feelings hurt when I ask her who's fucking this dog her or me lol.

Hippie

Hippie

Guess it's in a woman's genes. Wife learned quickly after we were married. Water pump for the house took a dump. She said her dad's plumber would install the new one for a hundred bucks. I told her I'd do it. She says, "Can you?" I told her, "If I can't, I'd like to meet the son of a bitch that could!"
Took a whole half hour. She refused to pony up the money, though.
Roofs, furnaces, hot water heaters, stoves, ovens, who needs help? A little common sense and hard work goes a long ways.
Did I mention that I'm also a cheap skate?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Appliance Repair 101 class today huh ? Used to be , go see my uncle at work, tell him what was wrong and he`d go get the parts. He repaired `em for years and then ran the parts dept. at Greenley`s.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning stonestacker and the rest of the OFC. Been messing around with my computer this morning trying to get my old search engine back, just liked the way it worked better. So far no luck. Oh yeah, puff, puff, pass.

Hippie

Hippie

Gotta drag my happy ass out before noon and take my buddy and me to the caregiver connection. I've got to renew my card, and he's getting his first.
Kinda ironic; He was the first one to turn me onto weed 47 years ago, and I hooked him up with his first grow and now his first card. Looks like it's gone full circle.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
"With a little help from my friends", as true as the day it was penned. Remember the first time I got a buzz, but no idea who had the pot, I did not know him, my buds did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom