Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The threat has been neutralized. Big ole boar coon, he was not happy to see me, I about got fucked up.......close one in a tight space. We will mourn his passing.
My bad.. you left the lasso at home... we try to let them live.. but our country pit bull sometimes has other ambitions. .. more than one coon has met the lord ole mighty thanks to ole red....

Hippie

Hippie

A guy I worked around in the industry used to make pretty good money removing coons from attics. He'd find the spot they'd gotten in at and plug it up, set in the access hole with a ball peen hammer, and turn his two Jack Russell terriers loose. They'd harass the coon enough to make it run for the only way out, and Rick would pop 'em in the head with the hammer. Yuppies would pay him a hundred bucks, he'd take the critter to a friend of his in the fur business, and he'd get a six pack for his troubles. A win-win.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

A guy I worked around in the industry used to make pretty good money removing coons from attics. He'd find the spot they'd gotten in at and plug it up, set in the access hole with a ball peen hammer, and turn his two Jack Russell terriers loose. They'd harass the coon enough to make it run for the only way out, and Rick would pop 'em in the head with the hammer. Yuppies would pay him a hundred bucks, he'd take the critter to a friend of his in the fur business, and he'd get a six pack for his troubles. A win-win.
Lol.. regular ole John Wayne there! Guess thats not much crazier than getting in a dark crawl space with a cornered coon! Thats when ole red comes in... He snatched one out bro kitchen cabinet. We pulled the drawer out and he cocked his head sideways and went in after it. Scared me at first cause that not a healthy fighting position for ole Red. But after a couple seconds (panic on my part) he pulled that fat fucker out of there and ,,,,, well ,, my sister and law had a lot of blood splatter to clean... As you said ,,, We mourn his passing......................

M

mendel

I read a study once that said relocated animals have a 95% chance of dying if they are relocated, esp in winter, because they cant find the resources they need to survive (starve to death). Also relocating imo is just passing your problem onto someone else.

My dogs (pyrenees) dont let a critter pass here either. I find critter bits nearly daily. They are hell on jack rabbits. At 150 lb apiece, they also keep jackasses in their cars.....:)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I read a study once that said relocated animals have a 95% chance of dying if they are relocated, esp in winter, because they cant find the resources they need to survive (starve to death). Also relocating imo is just passing your problem onto someone else.

My dogs (pyrenees) dont let a critter pass here either. I find critter bits nearly daily. They are hell on jack rabbits. At 150 lb apiece, they also keep jackasses in their cars.....:)
lol I agree 100%

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Coon wrangling now at the OFC huh ? Have live trapped a few, along with a few opossum. These were all in the city, never had a problem with critters here in the country. All were relocated.
I be ready to "burn a bowl" any joiners ?
Puffin` and passin`.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well my day is starting out interesting..

About 2-ish am When the water softner usually goes into regeneration/clean mode I woke up and from the bathroom could hear a very loud noise coming from the salt tank side of the softner in the laundry room..

I thought nothing of this and went about my morning, Well about a 1/2 hour later it happens again, VERY loud sounds like a Pump of some sorts dying...

Again i think nothing of this figure the system is just doing whatever it is it does at 3am now..

About 15 mins later i start hearing the oh so fucking familiar sound of water spilling onto the bare floor, I jump up expecting the drain line to the washingmachine is clogged again or something deep in the drain field again..

NOPE, Fucking salt tank is 100% FULL and is now gushing water out of the back over fill valve...

So Thinkin very slowly I look for the unplug on the salt tank, Theres no such thing, So i run to the actual unit and pull the plug, GOOD JOB I thought to my self, as i check to find the water still pouring out, SHIT THE WATER LINE!

Run back under the crawl space locate the bypass valve and throw that in position so the softner is now in bypass, GOT IT!

Ran back to find the level of water not going up or back down, Staying in place.. Sucsess we have removed the water softner!

Now I have about 30 wet towels and a broken fucking water softner..

Culligan's gonna get his culo kicked in if they don't send someone out today to fix this fucking bullshit.

Why is the fucking OVER FILL valve not connected to the DRAIN LINE that sits not 2 feet away?!

Someones going to buy some tubing today..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@LittleDabbie, Feel for ya, bro. I hate plumbing repair, always runs into something else.

OMFG I'm gonna loose it, The bypass valve only stopped the already softened water from entering the main line, It didn;t stop the water from going into the main unit then into the fucking salt tank then onto my FLOOR!

So now i hada completely shut my water line down, hoping and praying my pipes don't freeze and burst.. I emptyed them the best i can but without pressure theres gonna be water left in the line..

No idea who the fuck is even open let alone doing repairs this early in the morning..

FUCKK

I just took a dump too and can't flush it.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
OK My mistake, I was thinking the red level on the pipes was the fucking bypass, Well it sorta is, Just not the bypass i was looking for..

Little tiny fucking NOB on the machine its self is the bypass.. Only took 20 mins of googling and finally lookin on the lid of the machine that was on the ground to find the name of the fucking thing!

No such luck having a culligan or something easy to understand nope we got something H---? Maximum ..

whatever it is its a pos! and better be covered by warrenty

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
WOOT

Roller coast of emotions this morning :P

I fixed it my self!!!!!!!!

Googled the problem the display was given me, Of corse this was not an unusual problem, Found the solution, Theres a wheel that engages in certian positions to tell the softner what mode it needs to be in, It was stuck in the fill the brine tank mode!

I had to manually move the wheel, Disconnet the CPU / re-hook that back up to reset the Cpu ad force it to engage the now unstuck wheel, and sure as shit soon as i removed by pass the tank started to empty / drain like it should going thru the regen cycle now.

HA! Fuck a repair man i got google :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom