Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Man that little plough rig is a fast beast I’ve never seen one like that up here!
It's a cute little rig for sure, for most of the snow we get even here on the east coast it would do the job. Expensive little machine I bet too. What does something like that go for? $$$$$ Not that I could ever afford one, My old lawn tractor is a joke in the snow, I do better with a shovel.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
There's a Dethklok for that

Yep, I'm not a fan of that time of year, along with the weather, the over blown hype retailers put on, the pretentious, pompous, phony attitude, religion, expense,weight gaining,depression creating,overbuying debt burdening of it all , it might not be so bad....oh and if it came every 10 years or so I'd like it better...maybe...😤👿😢😢

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's a cute little rig for sure, for most of the snow we get even here on the east coast it would do the job. Expensive little machine I bet too. What does something like that go for? $$$$$ Not that I could ever afford one, My old lawn tractor is a joke in the snow, I do better with a shovel.
New they're not cheap, the tractor itself with no implements is about 25k, mowing decks are around 6K, the plow with quick attach for other implements is about 2K. All before tax and dealer fees.
I got my machine used though for about 12K with the mowing deck. I bought the plow new though. That said, they are serious money making machines. Especially since you can use them year round for all sorts of stuff. Can put aerators on them, bush hogs, pallet forks, rotary sweepers etc.

Rooke

Rooke

Who makes them? My neighbour just bought a Kubota 3 cyl diesel 4 wheel drive has a mowing deck, back hoe and snow blower for 38 k Canadian $ I’ve been pushing snow by hand all my life I’m 63 now and have the spine of a ex football player less the concussions time to hire someone like you!!!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Who makes them? My neighbour just bought a Kubota 3 cyl diesel 4 wheel drive has a mowing deck, back hoe and snow blower for 38 k Canadian $ I’ve been pushing snow by hand all my life I’m 63 now and have the spine of a ex football player less the concussions time to hire someone like you!!!!
Mine is a Kubota also. They aren't cheap, but they're super well built machines. I've seen these F-series mowers with over 5K hours on them.

Puffing some G13 hashplant this morning. Was a gift from a buddy, haven't smoked this stuff in years. Great smoke.

20211006 085215
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Never sleep on Ghash!
What happens? Lol, I must say I sleep like a rock and I don't dream much either.

Not that I'll find out. I've got one nug left and I'll be rolling it up shortly here. Gonna spend the day redoing my parking area on the little tractor. I rarely get to play around at home, so looking forward to this. Hopefully the rain holds off.
20211006 102001

Anthem

Anthem

What happens? Lol, I must say I sleep like a rock and I don't dream much either.

Not that I'll find out. I've got one nug left and I'll be rolling it up shortly here. Gonna spend the day redoing my parking area on the little tractor. I rarely get to play around at home, so looking forward to this. Hopefully the rain holds off.View attachment 1176178
Man everything is so green up there

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah we don't get a lot of snow here. But for a month of the year... I'll be ready! 🤣

We do get a lot of freezing conditions overnight though and most contracts include ice melt service also, which I'll spread with the same machine and a tow behind 200# spreader.

LOL, we'd run the snow machines all year up in Kingsford at Pine Mountain, but what I liked was snowmobiling on the ice, and driving trucks or even 5th wheels out on the lake. lol But I can honestly say I don't miss the -20f-> -60f below days. I certainly enjoy wally or pike fishing.

You can keep that cold weather, I'll take rain any day of the week over 5 months of cold winter. Fuck I probably get 4 foot of snow up at my mountain property 50 miles from here; and it barely ever gets below zero. But here on the coast we rarely even get snow, ever. Usually >25f, rarely gets cold. I would rather deal with the rain, then subzero.

N. Michigan is a place everyone should at least visit.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

It is. Lots of big trees around here, I basically live in a house on a glorified campsite in the woods lol. You can tell the size of the trees by comparing them to the white F350 that has a 12 foot bed
DB I think I have been to your neck of the words for training on some access control software. It there a grass mountain sky area or something like that and I seem to remember a pedestrian walking bring that was well above the river below and a salmon hatchery and a dam upstream. I think we eat dinner one night at the top of the mountain that was suppose to the the shit but it just tasted like regular food to me. This was all 23 or 24 years ago

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yep, Vancouver island. It's like Canada, but it's kinda not. Doesn't get very snowy here. And dies out something awful in the summer.
So you basically did the same thing as me; moved from the upper Midwest and relocated here out by the ocean. How long you been in Vancouver?

I came out this way in 09, first to Spokane, then, Moses Lake, then Tacoma, Then Seattle, in 2011. But I was only in the midwest a short while, and when I was younger. I had recently moved back after taking a few years in Cali, and Oregon.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So you basically did the same thing as me; moved from the upper Midwest and relocated here out by the ocean. How long you been in Vancouver?

I came out this way in 09, first to Spokane, then, Moses Lake, then Tacoma, Then Seattle, in 2011. But I was only in the midwest a short while, and when I was younger. I had recently moved back after taking a few years in Cali, and Oregon.
I've been here since 1999

Top Bottom