Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Getting expensive for heating whatever your source is. Natural Gas has been so affordable for so long. Wood heat rocks if you live somewhere to harvest your own. But at 300$us a cord. Ouch. Hope La Niña isn’t what it could be, could be in for a cold winter. Makes sense after record heat in the summer to have extreme cold in the winter.
clones look really good db👌👍
just caught this. my primary source has traditionally been electric since we have a heat pump on the house. damn thing is great between ~40F - ~90F. Outside that range, it runs non-stop, and with a grow going plus two small kids that are allergic to turning lights off, and four servers running out of the home office my power bill goes WAY up mid winter and late summer. Thinking this winter between wood and plumbing the exhaust from the grow to a central point in the house, I should be able to keep the thermostat set to 65F and actually see some savings on the power bill. We'll see though.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Wow, I got stuck in town because of a ferry delay so picked up a gram of weed from the legal dispensary.

Never again. First and last legal purchase.

Look at this garbage. And the packaging..🤢View attachment 1178629

It takes all this schwag to make up a gram? Wtf...
View attachment 1178630Look at this nonsense..View attachment 1178631

Soo thankful I grow my own. This is some bullshit .
It's always fucking freeze dried bullshit (or whatever you want to call it). Your almost always better off simply buying some extract from the dispensary, if you go that route.

I've seen a few buds that are decent, but they are always, always pricy. (+$20-30 gram) I sometimes pick up a gram of this stuff for $8. This one's a gram of Maui Wowie, and suppose to be 90.2% thc, or something along those lines. I just dab it on my papers, when rolling, if I want some extra kick.

Most good weed is still $200-400 per ounce, and you can buy lots of (shit) ounces for $50.

The dispensary is certainly not a good place to buy flower IMO. I hear it from everyone asking me for buds.

IMG 20211013 142855
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I did. Then I started again a month or so ago. I quit about twice a year it seems. Binge and purge.
All started when my wife's friend came to visit, she had cigarettes and I had a big chunk of Afghani hash.. joints were rolled.. that's all it took. Week later I was puffing captain blacks, week after that I was buying packs of darts. Again it started with mostly smoking it all in hash joints, but then I started smoking too much hash so I cut back on that.. and here I am. Planning to quit again soon lol.
Yea, you and me both bro, they will be the death of me,

Been smoking that crap on and off since I was 7.

I don't cough when I'm smoking weed, just those worthless things. Been weaned from virtually every drug known to man, heroine, cocaine. Nicotine is by far the worst addiction of all Plus, it taste like shit and does nothing for me.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
just caught this. my primary source has traditionally been electric since we have a heat pump on the house. damn thing is great between ~40F - ~90F. Outside that range, it runs non-stop, and with a grow going plus two small kids that are allergic to turning lights off, and four servers running out of the home office my power bill goes WAY up mid winter and late summer. Thinking this winter between wood and plumbing the exhaust from the grow to a central point in the house, I should be able to keep the thermostat set to 65F and actually see some savings on the power bill. We'll see though.
I would even say use your grow ports as a means of circulating air in the house, if you use some though, you can you it to create positive air flows, from where heat will leak out to the less positive areas. I use long 6 inch tubing, and just stick it out a window, if it's too hot, or put it where I need it at any given time.

It makes circulating the air around the house really uniform, and keeps corners from getting cold.

chemistry

chemistry

Wow, I got stuck in town because of a ferry delay so picked up a gram of weed from the legal dispensary.

Never again. First and last legal purchase.

Look at this garbage. And the packaging..🤢View attachment 1178629

It takes all this schwag to make up a gram? Wtf...
View attachment 1178630Look at this nonsense..View attachment 1178631

Soo thankful I grow my own. This is some bullshit .

I've punched street dealers who have tried to rip me off with better gear.lol That is a bad deal.

Rooke

Rooke

Speaking of Oregon, I’ve been growing some of Cannaventure’s gear over the last 2 years and other breeders outdoors looking for a good high and pain relief the LVTK og I grew last year kept me decently pain free when the pain was an 8 out of 10 not super buzzed but felt like I was wrapped in a warm blanket. Nice smoke. This year I grew out 2 of his cheap thrills and holy crap head smash that courses thru your body makes my hair stand on end then lays you down for 30 mins then up you get feeling refreshed and ready for whatever needs to be done ie trimming lol and is still at half-life an hour later still not feeling no pain that’s only smoking half a joint with my gal. Finally I have found what I’m looking for. I grew 13 different strains this summer haven’t tried all of them yet but I can truly say Rusty you got it going on buddy serious dope man thank you for recommending this one to me I’m at the 44.5 parallel and it’s a tuff gig here. Enough rambling truth be told it’s time!☮️☮️☮️

Casimpi

Casimpi

You should look into installing solar. I have no idea where you live, but for most places it is a viable option.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This one is a bit different from the way I would build it.
I would have doors on either end to keep critters and frozen air out in winter.
I would also have buried a pipe lattice to recycle the air in the greenhouse to build up heat in the winter and cool it in summer.
Build the water tanks into the back wall for thermal reasons and put solar panels on the face of them. Free electric to open and close vents and other stuff.

amekins

amekins

Hello all!
So, I noticed this thread seems to be loaded with extremely experienced growers. So, I was wondering if some kind soul might help me.. I'm a newby. (And Dirtbag, that is one AMAZING light, totally green over here 🤢!!).. Anyway, this is my first ever grow and I'm getting ready to flip my Dark Star over to flower. I'm set up in a 4x4x7 tent with a Mars Hydro TS600W and a Viparspectra XS1500 on 18/6 cycle. Ventilation is a 6" 390 CFM inline with carbon filter and a couple of oscillating fans. Ambient temps run at 79.5 at its hottest, leaf temps are 83ish.
I'm growing with Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil in a 10 gallon fabric pot. I'm using tap water (ppm before nutes hover around 338 and abt 546 after) with a ph of 6.3, run off ph generally holds around 6. I use Humboldt supplements (Root Enzymes, Golden Tree, Base A&B) along with Cal-mag and Recharge. Will begin flowering nutes when I turn it over.
The plant currently has a 36" circumference and stands just over 33". I've fimmed throughout to keep it short and have done some minimal LST training as it grew.
I've defoliated a few times to keep air flowing and have lollipopped the lower portion of each branch abt 14" up from the bottom removing suckers as I went. Soooo, now that I've melted your brains with my long post.. The question is (sorry, it's really a few but even if you could help with one I'd really appreciate it).. Is there anything I need to do to prep for the flowering stage? Should I lollipop further up? Defoliate further? (Last time was abt 2 weeks ago and it's thick again).

I figure who better to ask than veteran growers... I really appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can throw my way..

THANKS EVERYONE!

A few pics included..
We are not all that experienced but we we stalk the threads of those who are and are happy to share their wisdom. One thing I’m questioning is your airflow…I see the oscillating fans and carbon filter. Do you have active intake/exhaust as well? Did I miss it?

ETA: Yes I missed it. Went back and reread.

amekins

amekins

I used to watch the TV show EMERGENCY when I was young. That's what made me want to be a fireman. After the Army, I figured it would be a nice diversion while I adjusted. Did not work out that way. I went from PTSD to a double dose. One day we had 5 or 6 runs into the 'bad' area of town. I was the driver, not the attendant. We were flying all over the place. At the end of our shift the vehicle manager was checking us in and started yelling about the bullet holes in our rig. I didn't even know anyone was shooting at us. 🤪 🚬 😂
Oh Johnny was one of my first crushes, along with Arthur Fonzarelli.

Latest posts

Top Bottom