Dirtbag is poopin in a tent!! ⛺ Adventures with the Spiderfarmer SF4000

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The diodes look spaced sorta like the board too ? Just curious I’m happy with my hlg and kingbrites but I sure like the bars .
You're right, they are.

Got them both up, just need to secure the wiring and get some replacement trippers for the Damn T101... friggin timer goblins got another one.
I must say, this is gonna be a well lit environment. The se5000 looks dope as hell. The sf4000 is no joke either, it honestly seems a bit brighter to me. But it's not able to be as close to the plants either so we'll see how that plays out.
20211106 210849
20211106 210520

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
One cool feature I like about the se5000, is the removable driver and dimmer. Wall mounted now where I can tune it from the door to the room. This is why I had to put the sf4000 in the front. So I could reach it's dimmer.
20211106 205429

Next level height adjustment tek. So I can also, adjust the height of all 4 lamps independently from the doorway.
20211106 200109

And once a firefighter always a firefighter, lol. I don't fuk around with shitty knots. These lights are all hung with static cord using figure 8's on a bight with a safety knot.
20211106 195606

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gonna wrap it up with my favourite end of the nighter. Good God I love this song. Funny how I go from the belly of the beast to the most peaceful Christian artist alive haha...
All in a days listening. Like any good diet, it's all about diversity.

Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Looks good dirtbag.

When you say you have been a firefighter i remind myself its a good idea to keep a fire-extinguisher close to the growroom. Have read that fat spots on hps bulbs (from greasy fingers) can cause bulb explosion

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks good dirtbag.

When you say you have been a firefighter i remind myself its a good idea to keep a fire-extinguisher close to the growroom. Have read that fat spots on hps bulbs (from greasy fingers) can cause bulb explosion

Should always have a fire extinguisher around for sure. I've got like 8 of them scattered around the house, in my shed, in my truck, have one strapped to my mower even lol.
And yeah bulb bombs happen, I make a habit of wiping them off with ammonia after I screw them into the socket.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice. I would think hps lights and ballasts would have a breaker for shortcircuit built in. As i suppose most modern led lights have..

Foam extinguisher or co2 ?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice. I would think hps lights and ballasts would have a breaker for shortcircuit built in. As i suppose most modern led lights have..

Foam extinguisher or co2 ?
Neither, I have ABC drychem extinguishers everywhere. I have one pneumatic water/foam extinguisher but that's on my landscaping truck.

The ballasts likely have arc fault protection but that doesn't help when the lamp explodes and drops burning hot sodium and red hot wire filaments on the ground.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Oh we're doing brutal Satan music?

We can do brutal Satan music.

More brutal? More Satan?

More brutal. More Satan.

Extra brutal. Extra Satan.
Man, you posted my playlist from high school haha. Not much into this heavy/satanic shit anymore but still love a good face melting. The kids get hyped when I play it though, and the ol lady doesn't like how angry it makes her feel
Hahaha. musical Variety is the spice of life! Cannabis is the herb to enjoy it!!View attachment 1185659
Gotta love the straight outta the 90s fashion those fuckers have. Used to love playing this with my band in college though. Could never figure out how to play arpeggios well, but bar chords are easy and versatile.

Lookin good in there @Dirtbag, nice knot skills too. Only time I've used figure 8s is when climbing, or like you did in this case, needing to tether something to something else and wanting to be able to untie it later. Gettin excited to see this progression!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man, you posted my playlist from high school haha. Not much into this heavy/satanic shit anymore but still love a good face melting. The kids get hyped when I play it though, and the ol lady doesn't like how angry it makes her feel

Gotta love the straight outta the 90s fashion those fuckers have. Used to love playing this with my band in college though. Could never figure out how to play arpeggios well, but bar chords are easy and versatile.

Lookin good in there @Dirtbag, nice knot skills too. Only time I've used figure 8s is when climbing, or like you did in this case, needing to tether something to something else and wanting to be able to untie it later. Gettin excited to see this progression!
Thanks man, knots and hitches are a specialty of mine, always been handy with a rope. I was the officer responsible for training all the new recruits knots and hitches.
I can tie a bowline behind my back with gloves on. But the ones I use the most are variations of a figure 8, munters and clove hitches, sheets bends, water knots etc. Can do most anything with just those.

Top Bottom