Do you think this will finish okay?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I don't see much change from yesterday. The small plant in the middle started showing the same leaf problem (second picture). I'd say it's a nutrient problem, probably lockout and deficiency. A grower friend who has seen them recommended Cal-Mag, but that didn't help. The soil moisture is high right now, so I won't be able water in any nutrients for a while. I considered foliar feeding, but I still don't know what to feed that would help. The buds seem healthy and we can see that they are maturing. The only thing I can think of to do is keep them as healthy as possible till harvest, which should be within four weeks or so.

Anthem

Anthem

My hypothesis is that there is an excess of potassium in the root zone and that is the primary concern. The nitrogen deficiency is a secondary, agnostic condition caused by the excess potassium, based on Mulder's Chart. I believe the PK boost was given prematurely and that led to a salt buildup in the root zone and the symptoms should stop progressing with reduced lighting and feed with a low potassium solution over the next week or so. I'm not trying to win an argument, just to solve a problem. I'm also very open to being incorrect provided logical reasoning. I'm here to learn like everyone else.
Well you might want to take a better look at post #1. It stated in Happy Frog soil mix. Happy Fog is low in soil nutrients. It really only has enough organic nutrient material to last about 3 or 4 weeks before the soil rums out of nutrients so your hypothesis is false. I stand by my advise.

Anthem

Anthem

I don't see much change from yesterday. The small plant in the middle started showing the same leaf problem (second picture). I'd say it's a nutrient problem, probably lockout and deficiency. A grower friend who has seen them recommended Cal-Mag, but that didn't help. The soil moisture is high right now, so I won't be able water in any nutrients for a while. I considered foliar feeding, but I still don't know what to feed that would help. The buds seem healthy and we can see that they are maturing. The only thing I can think of to do is keep them as healthy as possible till harvest, which should be within four weeks or so.

View attachment 1323775

View attachment 1323776 in
The problem with grow forums or forums in general is everyone has an opinion and because they have maybe finished up a grow or two. They suddenly feel like they are an expert. Kind of like everyone has an A hole, so my advise to you would be to listen to someone and just run with that information. I can tell you Grilled Cheese is 100 percent wrong on this one.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here's a picture taken after watering this morning. They've had a full day of lights set to 118 watts, which is down from 134. That's 29.5 watts per square foot. I added some CleanKelp to the water and there was a little of the previous feed left, so I used that, too. I watered to about a pint of runoff.

I can't tell if they look better or worse than they did yesterday. We could see that the buds are still growing well. I saw a few amber pistils.

We'll watch them throughout the day to see if there are any changes.
too far away to just sail on by, we need to figure this out sooner rather than later
ya ride it out with a balanced feed with slight increase in k in a week or so., raise the light as high as it can go..

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

The problem with grow forums or forums in general is everyone has an opinion and because they have maybe finished up a grow or two. They suddenly feel like they are an expert. Kind of like everyone has an A hole, so my advise to you would be to listen to someone and just run with that information. I can tell you Grilled Cheese is 100 percent wrong on this one.
I'm far from being a stranger to forums, so I know what you mean. Nutrient deficiencies have been a problem with this grow from the beginning. It is still a problem. I doubt these plants can fully recover, so, as I've been saying, I just need to know what to do to get them to finish with a reasonably good crop, given the circumstances. The buds actually look good to my eye, even if they aren't huge.

I'm going to start another grow soon. I ordered a smaller tent (2x2x4) that I intend to use for seedlings and maybe early veg. I have a ViparSpectra XS1000 light for it. I also have some FF Ocean Forest soil. I plan to start the next grow when I get the tent. It supposed to arrive Saturday.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

My guy, I don't understand why you feel the need to be aggressive right now and I think it's inappropriate. All you had to do is state your reasoning for a difference in opinion. I never said I was 100% correct and I provided support for my reasoning. To be clear, I also indicated a N deficiency and if you read in the information I provided for potassium excess you would see that it says the solution is to "Leach the growing medium of the affected plants with a very mild and complete fertilizer solution". In my experience when there is a primary nitrogen issue you don't make it to leaf tip necrosis before the leaves turn yellow and start to fall off.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

ya ride it out with a balanced feed with slight increase in k in a week or so., raise the light as high as it can go..
Agreed, except for raising the lights. They're too powerful for the tent. I actually lowered them a bit more today, so they could go up some when the time comes. I may only use one light for the next crop, because these together can't even run at half power. The plants don't seem to be responding much, if at all, to the lowered light level, though.

man those spots..can see why someone said cal def
Yes. I'm pretty sure there's more than one problem, making diagnosis more difficult.

Anthem

Anthem

My guy, I don't understand why you feel the need to be aggressive right now and I think it's inappropriate. All you had to do is state your reasoning for a difference in opinion. I never said I was 100% correct and I provided support for my reasoning. To be clear, I also indicated a N deficiency and if you read in the information I provided for potassium excess you would see that it says the solution is to "Leach the growing medium of the affected plants with a very mild and complete fertilizer solution". In my experience when there is a primary nitrogen issue you don't make it to leaf tip necrosis before the leaves turn yellow and start to fall off.
Hey man if you got a problem with someone being honest, I just do not know what to say. Go back and read my post I clear explained the problem and solution. If you feel as those I am being aggressive oh well. But this is not T ball and everyone does not get a trophy.

Look at the NPK Values and start comparing them. The nutrient mix is not correct.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

its soil i would test a 'slurry' of the soil not the ph going in too much
I believe the slurry needs to be made with pH neutral water. Is that correct? If so, we have some distilled water here that I could use. It may not be neutral, but it would be better than the tap water. I can Google this, too.

I need to get busy with other things for a while, so my answer won't be soon.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I doubt it. I've had low nutrient problems from the beginning.

I don't have measurement devices for TDS or EC. I did run the nutrients at half strength till flower, though.

That I think I'm doing well this time. Here's a current reading:
View attachment 1323064
To me, this seems like you are pushing the plants hard

Vpd

1.44 on the VPD is pretty stout for a plant in trouble.

Are they drinking a lot? Sorry if this is covered, haven't made it to the end of the thread yet.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I really appreciate all the help and knowledge I'm receiving here. Thanks so much to all of you! 🥰

Top Bottom