Do you think this will finish okay?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

To me, this seems like you are pushing the plants hard

View attachment 1323791

1.44 on the VPD is pretty stout for a plant in trouble.

Are they drinking a lot? Sorry if this is covered, haven't made it to the end of the thread yet.
No. They don't seem to be using a lot of water.

Here's what my ACI controller says, so the VPD is even higher at the moment. I've had trouble with this. I know it's too high. The RH in the room the tent is in is 55 or 58, depending on the sensor.

What should I do? Raise the RH?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

No. They don't seem to be using a lot of water.

Here's what my ACI controller says, so the VPD is even higher at the moment. I've had trouble with this. I know it's too high. The RH in the room the tent is in is 55 or 58, depending on the sensor.

What should I do? Raise the RH?

View attachment 1323792
Well, reading thru this thread I hesitate to throw my hat in the ring and potentially make it even more confusing. Conflicting info sux, and you probably don't know any of us IRL. We could all be full of crap.

VPD sets respiration. Respiration sets rate of water uptake. Assuming your nutes are 100% perfect, if the plant does not drink the nutes will never get to where they need to be.

Take a look at this graphic:

How VPD

1.61 is high. That tracks with your input that they are not drinking much.

To me, the plants look switched off. You can make changes to nutes and PH and lighting until the cows come home, but if they don't drink / respire it's all irrelevant. Now doing things like backing the lights down will help. But really my suggestion is lets look at environment ASAP, get these plants switched back on and drinking (a gallon plus per day at this size) and then see what we have before changing anything else. But totally no hard feelings if you go another way - I'll still stick with you and try to help.

What options do you have to change RH or Temp? Are you in a tent that uses a blower to cycle air? Is there any control over that fan or whatever you are using?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I looked up ACI controller and it is talking about Cicso. Is that like an inkbird or similar?

Yes, can you raise RH?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I looked up ACI controller and it is talking about Cicso. Is that like an inkbird or similar?
Sorry. It's an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro. It is controlling a 6-inch inline fan pulling air across the tent, bottom to top, and an oscillating fan inside the tent.

What options do you have to change RH or Temp? Are you in a tent that uses a blower to cycle air? Is there any control over that fan or whatever you are using?
In addition to the above, I have two Ink Bird controllers, one for temp and another for RH. They control a heater and a humidifier inside the tent. I have a room-scale dehumidifier inside the lung room (not in the tent). There's also an oscillating fan inside the tent that runs on a timer.

Here's a picture of the whole setup:

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sorry. It's an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro. It is controlling a 6-inch inline fan pulling air across the tent, bottom to top, and an oscillating fan inside the tent.

In addition to the above, I have two Ink Bird controllers, one for temp and another for RH. They control a heater and a humidifier inside the tent. I have a room-scale dehumidifier inside the lung room (not in the tent). There's also an oscillating fan inside the tent that runs on a timer.

Here's a picture of the whole setup:

View attachment 1323798
perfect. I understand now.

Is it possible to get the RH up to 55 - 60% and run it for a day that way? Even higher would be better for diagnostic purposes

the rrock

the rrock

Didnt read everything but >nice job< keep it simple,have patience, quality genetics and therse a few people on this thread that are clueless and have no business giving advice. If you need a line on the strongest weed youve ever smoked PM me. This come from growing almost 50 years(first harvest 1975)

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Is it possible to get the RH up to 55 - 60% and run it for a day that way?
Yes. Here's what I've done:
  • Set room dehumidifer to 60%.
  • Changed tent fan to run only when temperature is 77F or higher. (It was running constantly.)
  • Changed tent humidifier from 52% to 58%.
  • Stopped home A/C for the lung room. (It tends to keep the RH at about 50%.)
I had the humidity low because I worry about mold and mildew. I'm a wooded area that's only a few stone throws away from Puget Sound and the ambient humidity is very high here, thus mold is a common problem.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Didnt read everything but >nice job< keep it simple,have patience, quality genetics and therse a few people on this thread that are clueless and have no business giving advice. If you need a line on the strongest weed youve ever smoked PM me. This come from growing almost 50 years(first harvest 1975)
why pm, share the knowledge my brother maybe we will all be a little less clueless

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Thanks. I'm okay with people trying to be helpful and don't mind honest mistakes. Every grow is a learning experience, especially for a newbie like me.

I'm not someone to ask about weed, but we did buy some GG4 that's a big favorite around here. This grow is Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold. It's said to be good, but I haven't harvested any yet, so I can't verify that claim.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes. Here's what I've done:
  • Set room dehumidifer to 60%.
  • Changed tent fan to run only when temperature is 77F or higher. (It was running constantly.)
  • Changed tent humidifier from 52% to 58%.
  • Stopped home A/C for the lung room. (It tends to keep the RH at about 50%.)
I had the humidity low because I worry about mold and mildew. I'm a wooded area that's only a few stone throws away from Puget Sound and the ambient humidity is very high here, thus mold is a common problem.
Understood.

Truth is if those plants are respiring properly, you shouldn't even need a humidifier.

Plants that are not healthy are more subject to pathogens like mold. Let's get them healthy again as step one, then we can address mold prevention.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Here's a surprise. The soil pH is about 5, maybe a bit lower. I would not have predicted that, especially with tap water at 7.6. I did have to scrape the soil off the top because the roots are everywhere. They're so thick that it's hard to get the soil moisture probe through them.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Truth is if those plants are respiring properly, you shouldn't even need a humidifier.
I knew that... kinda. This is where my lack of experience matters. I should have seen that and done something about it.

Plants that are not healthy are more subject to pathogens like mold. Let's get them healthy again as step one, then we can address mold prevention.
I totally agree. I've been thinking as we've worked through this that next time I'm going to make sure the plants are healthy before I flip. They didn't look bad, though. I have been scanning through the pictures and the problem clearly began after the flip.

I had been wondering if the tip burn could have been because they weren't transpiring as they should. I've had trouble with the AC Infinity controller. It it's on "auto" in the phone app, it doesn't work. It has to be left on one of the active ports or it shuts everything off in an unpredictable manner. I have reported the problem. The Ink Bird controllers have since become my favorite.

Here's the latest reading from a different sensor.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I knew that... kinda. This is where my lack of experience matters. I should have seen that and done something about it.

I totally agree. I've been thinking as we've worked through this that next time I'm going to make sure the plants are healthy before I flip. They didn't look bad, though. I have been scanning through the pictures and the problem clearly began after the flip.

I had been wondering if the tip burn could have been because they weren't transpiring as they should. I've had trouble with the AC Infinity controller. It it's on "auto" in the phone app, it doesn't work. It has to be left on one of the active ports or it shuts everything off in an unpredictable manner. I have reported the problem. The Ink Bird controllers have since become my favorite.

Here's the latest reading from a different sensor.

View attachment 1323826
I’m sorry I don’t have any experience with that controller. But if @freezeland2 wouldn't mind helping out he uses them.

Your ph is too low. I’m not a soil grower but @GNick55 is the man for that. You got your watering practices locked in?

Do you have any pictures from before you flipped?

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
This plant is in the fourth week since the flip. It's in FFHF soil and I'm using FF nutrients at the recommended amount. I also began adding FF Bush Doctor Cal-Mag during the first week of flower. Thinking that is probably is a calcium deficiency, I doubled the dose of Cal-Mag at the last feeding two days ago. The other plant showed these same signs and improved with the Cal-Mag. This one hasn't improved, but it has wanted more nutrients from the beginning. My best guess is that I should have started the Cal-Mag sooner.

View attachment 1322737
When using FF nutes I found that using calmag during all of veg is best way to go as their line dosent have enough of it ... cal mag is not really wanted to be used during flower phase it inhibits the phosporous and potassium uptake if im not mistaken...

As for the now... ya using calmag will help for sure...can always cut back on the base nutes as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom