Dudded, Stunted, and Runted plants...

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah.....mine did have purpling on the stems.......I actually fixed that by upping the P and Ca Mg as well as raising the ph to 6.0......it all went away

I

InSearchOf3

I always use 5.8-5.9 for ph , I will try 6.0 the next time I water. Thank you Wisher for your input and advise!! I hope that will correct it, I could never fix that leaf curl .

Thank you Seamaiden, long time follower of your advice for all sorts of stuff!

I checked my garden last night and noticed in one gg4 plant , I have some small leaves in a few colas of an healthy plant. I'll post a pic up later, was too lazy to pull out the plant for pics. Lol

I

InSearchOf3

Here's the gg4 that has dudding branch from a healthy plant. The top cola is the dud branch as u can tell from the slightly smaller fan leaves and that dud leaf shape . I'll let it grow out and show updates. It's day 13 of flip.

I

InSearchOf3

Yah I'm gonna flower her. I have 3 good cola of regular growth and I think 3-4 dud colas . I also found another dud cola from a different plant. Just want to show others that never encounter duds how to spot the duds. Those who have encounter them can spot them pretty easily. From my experiences it rear its ugly head when the plant is around 1-2 weeks old in veg , when the side branches starts to grow. I get nervous when the side branches isn't growing at a 45- angle.

Seamaiden, u think I should cull it? I've never had it spread durning flower. Tho it is a scary as hell thought!!!!

I

InSearchOf3

Damn, my gg4 I got from barc collective doesn't seem to stretch as much as my craigslist cut I got last year. The barc cut barely stretched 75% while the craigslist cut stretched 1x-1-1/2x . I know too much stretch isn't good but my stems where so much thicker with the good stretch. Don't know if it's the cut or my bad growing skills!!! Not too happy with the the results right now.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I used to read this thread on the daily when I was living this horror
Been good/great for about a year and have now.
So if anyone is still having these issues , there is hope and trust me you'll either be a much better grower or you'll quit
Basically it starts with bugs and then attacks your entire room.
I have no dudding at all now and I attribute it to the following
1- insane IPM schedule ( hours and hours of foliar sprays)
2- kontos / Bayer 325 ml aspirin / Monterey 3&1 spino / chitison
3- better bug free medium ( pro mix hp biofung )

I haven't had a gnat in over a year Fwiw.

I don't scope plants anymore except real close to harvest. Shit will fuck your head up, I'm almost afraid to post this

Good luck y'all be diligent

I

InSearchOf3

So if anyone is still having these issues , there is hope and trust me you'll either be a much better grower or you'll quit

I don't scope plants anymore except real close to harvest. Shit will fuck your head up, I'm almost afraid to post this

Thank you for your time and advice! I got gnats in my garden for 4 months after bringing in a new clone from a friend. I kinda gave up on the battle. Gonna try spinosad. I used spinosad on thrips and it works wonders. I sprayed it on gnats and it didn't die so I figure it doesn't work. Tho I've never soil drench with it.

I read that the Bayer aspirin can induce herming so i never tried it.

Thanks Soserthc1 ! Much appreciated!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Absolutely! Which foilar a have you been using? I'm using heavy 16 foilar, golden tree, primordial a sea green and tru blooms. Also tea with alfalfa .
It's the time waisted growing duds is what I regretted.the quality was piss

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yah I'm gonna flower her. I have 3 good cola of regular growth and I think 3-4 dud colas . I also found another dud cola from a different plant. Just want to show others that never encounter duds how to spot the duds. Those who have encounter them can spot them pretty easily. From my experiences it rear its ugly head when the plant is around 1-2 weeks old in veg , when the side branches starts to grow. I get nervous when the side branches isn't growing at a 45- angle.

Seamaiden, u think I should cull it? I've never had it spread durning flower. Tho it is a scary as hell thought!!!!
Yes I do think you should cull it. A dud is difficult to bring back, proved impossible for me. It ended up being a lot of wasted time, energy, water, fertilizer and soil because I didn't even want to try reusing that (and I reuse EVERYTHING!)

Just my own perspective.

Do a soil drench to treat for gnats, not a foliar. You'll never get them using foliar applications.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thank you for your time and advice! I got gnats in my garden for 4 months after bringing in a new clone from a friend. I kinda gave up on the battle. Gonna try spinosad. I used spinosad on thrips and it works wonders. I sprayed it on gnats and it didn't die so I figure it doesn't work. Tho I've never soil drench with it.

I read that the Bayer aspirin can induce herming so i never tried it.

Thanks Soserthc1 ! Much appreciated!
First your welcome
Gnatrol is the only thing that I've found to work on gnats not the above remedy. It's pricey but works
First application add 5.5 grams to every gal of h20
Then 2.3 grams on a second watering when needed add yellow traps to catch the adults and in a few weeks you'll be gnat free. I have been using 325 ml aspirin and aloe for 1.5 years and I never had herm issues.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Absolutely! Which foilar a have you been using? I'm using heavy 16 foilar, golden tree, primordial a sea green and tru blooms. Also tea with alfalfa .
It's the time waisted growing duds is what I regretted.the quality was piss
What's good buddy
I'm currently running
1) bio war
2) Monterey 3/1
3) fresh mint purée in a 10/1 ratio
I add powersi osa28 deeproots6 aloe 325 to almost everything
I rotate these along with NOTG bloom kaos ( only in veg as it burns lowers in flower)
Occasionally I'll mix Hort oil , or neem or azatrol but I've been staying away from those lately.

I've been meaning to buy seagreen again it's good stuff just another 50+ additive. I'm about to hit my debit hard and grab some colonyxmicrobes also

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
What's good buddy
I'm currently running
1) bio war
2) Monterey 3/1
3) fresh mint purée in a 10/1 ratio
I add powersi osa28 deeproots6 aloe 325 to almost everything
I rotate these along with NOTG bloom kaos ( only in veg as it burns lowers in flower)
Occasionally I'll mix Hort oil , or neem or azatrol but I've been staying away from those lately.

I've been meaning to buy seagreen again it's good stuff just another 50+ additive. I'm about to hit my debit hard and grab some colonyxmicrobes also
Ya man I think the more variety and mix of foliars we use the healthier the plants grow. It sounds like your staying the organic route but if not give heavy 16 foilar a try, it really seems to knock out a lot of deficiencies.
Haven't seen you around in a while hope your well man. Always liked your avatar :smoking:

I

InSearchOf3

First your welcome
Gnatrol is the only thing that I've found to work on gnats not the above remedy. It's pricey but works
First application add 5.5 grams to every gal of h20
Then 2.3 grams on a second watering when needed add yellow traps to catch the adults and in a few weeks you'll be gnat free. I have been using 325 ml aspirin and aloe for 1.5 years and I never had herm issues.

Do you add gnatrol to nutrients or just pure ph water?

Did u mean 325mg or ml of aspirin? If it's the otc pills , how many 325 mg of aspirin per gallon of water? Foilar spray or drench? Thanks in advance!

og619

og619

Glad I stumbled upon this tread as I'm having these exact issues. I started noticing some Sour Dub duds a few mo back, then got the gg4 and they all turned out the be ditchweed, from there noticed some og's looked like they were mislabeled as the gg4s bc of the similar growth structure but they turned out ditch as well...A few other og strains dud here and there as well, even particular branches on the plant may me good while others are ditch...So what is the overall consensus, I still plan on reading through it but is it safe to say that it's an infection or disease that is caused from BM's or RA's?

guymandude

guymandude

I ended up doing a total clean out of both veg and flower. Killed everything and started new beans. I have had no trouble since the clean out although now any twist of a leaf of yellowing leaf freaks me the hell out. First harvest is mid august

FYI, I helped Freak with this. 2 harvests are down now and things are cruising right along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom