Earthworms in indoor soil?

• Thread starter iDab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

So while researching Nutrients plants contain when composted you can see some very cool things. Talking with my vegetarian buddy about soil. He makes his using non animal inputs. While trying to dial it in, he had one batch where much sulfur was used. It made his smoke gassy/dank. Was listening to a potcast, and heard the same. So looked at plants that have high amounts of sulfur, and the stinkiest fruits, and vegetables have high sulfur. How ironic, how these seem to match. Kinda like how terpenes seem to match cannabinoid content. How mysterious she is!

shaganja

shaganja

Saw this thread and thought I would leave my opinion. I got a 3x6 raised bed indoors all organic. I put in 2 lbs of worms a couple months ago and they have been reproducing and eating like crazy! I see no problem in having worms indoors as long as you keep the temps right and the moisture in the soil right. I use worms in my outdoor pots as well and their effect seems to be the same. They eat, aerate, and poop.
I can only imagine the flavor of this smoke!

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I use worms in my indoor bed. I use a 200 gal smart pot in a 4x8 tent. I put 2 lbs of Red wiggles worms in over a year ago. I feed them ground malted barley and they work the soil and shit out ganja food. They are amazing and it’s really all I do in the way of feeding the bed. I drop all leaves and larf into the bed when harvesting. A little kelp now and then. Water. That’s it. It works and it’s so easy.

shaganja

shaganja

Awesome! Am first time regenerative! Will be filling these worm towers soon! Am so pumped to spend less, and get more! And have a product that could pass tests!

shaganja

shaganja

IMG 20200603 1320513
IMG 20200603 2014573
IMG 20200522 1814522

Can't find my new pics, but theses are the worm towers done.

Rupertsox76

Rupertsox76

I use worms in
IMG 20200911 203146
IMG 20200911 203136
IMG 20200911 203127
IMG 20200911 203124

All my plants my little gardeners m8 you never need any nitrogen supplements again, I use15 gallon root nurse fabric pots with ecothrive organic products for my autos and average 5-6 oz per auto in 8-10 wk from sprout since using worms I've never looked back only prob is if they happy they breed faster than rabbits so I do have to reduce populations now and again.

Rupertsox76

Rupertsox76

And as for varieties I originally tryed a few night crawlers then a few tiger worms and a few common earthworms they all survived as my grow rooms in a garage so temps are ideal I think I now just have 1 breed the Mongrel monkey ganja worm I'm calling them native only to my growroom!

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thanks... It was a revelation to me in recent years when I realized how dependant I really was on the infrastructure around me. It wasn't long ago my Grandfather supported a family of nine kids on a farm. A self sustaining farm. Looking back at my roots and adding the knowledge afforded to me by the information age I have all the info I need to learn what I have to. I started in my home and I hope to expand to something bigger someday
This is a great mind set everyone should adopt & try to pass on. I'm trying to instill ideas like this into my daughter. Instead of telling ppl.drive a lil less,turn lights off,ect.. which are good things but really arent gonna make big difference but this mindset will. Love it man

Dosmokedaj

Dosmokedaj

Cool yeh, well I notice my outdoor plants often have worms in the soil, without me either putting them there or feeding them.

I think they must come out of the ground and enter through the drainage holes..

Anyway they see to live in those pots quite happily and I always see that as a benefit to my plants.

So I was thinking, if outdoors, then why not indoors?
Worms breed faster than rabbits just needs to be no till after you crop just plant your seedling un a different spot the worms consume the old plant and recycle its nutritional values win win

FB IMG 5818482003759628889
shaganja

shaganja

Pretty excited! Wormfarmingsecrets.com confirms worms give back the nutrients they eat! This year, my worms will have a sulfur rich diet!

Top Bottom