Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

So how much exactly are you using sshz .i see 1 oz pr gal for preventative..are you using something like half that..cheers max

sshz

sshz

And today I finalized the electrical hookup of the 2 UV-B lights. There is a light socket in the room, so both lights are now plugged into that with a simple pull string on/off so it will be easy and quick to get to. At 24 watts each, that will not be a problem out of a single socket. I'll decide in time if I want them on a timer but probably not.

The biggest complaint with these lights is the plug doesn't fit snuggly and comes loose out of the light easily. And that's a fact so I'm working on snugging it up some.

I'm excited about adding these, as it's something new for the grow and should show marked improvement in THC levels. The last few weeks I'll be donating a lot of time documenting these, along with daily pictures of one selected bud and following the changes (improvements) daily.

Uv b

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

And a review of California Lightworks suggested timing of the lights..........

"The SS-UVB is designed to be used during the last 2-3 weeks before harvest, when it can make a noticeable impact on plants. It is suggested to run your SS-UVB for 2-6 hours per day at 36" above the plant. If you're unable to mount the light at 36" above your plants, decrease the amount of exposure time. Do not power your SS-UVB on during your dark period as this can cause unwanted effects. Always monitor your plants to make sure you are getting the desired response, while making any necessary adjustments in height and/or on time to increase or decrease UVB exposure as desired. Growers typically see a noticeable difference in the amount of trichomes within the first two days after running the SS-UVB for just a few hours per day. Many growers also notice leaves changing color in response to UVB exposure."

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Took me 3 days but I've finally caught up. New here but just reading through this thread shows that I have tons more to read from you. Awesome grow, will definitely be here from here on out ! Also really wanting to give the orange gasm a shot now 🤣

Pondracer

Pondracer

Many growers also notice leaves changing color in response to UVB exposure."

I do get a lot of yellowing towards the end of flower. I've been attributing that to not having the irrigation ironed out. I kick mine off around 4 weeks after flip and ramp from 4 to 8 hours thru the final weeks.

sshz

sshz

Took me 3 days but I've finally caught up. New here but just reading through this thread shows that I have tons more to read from you. Awesome grow, will definitely be here from here on out ! Also really wanting to give the orange gasm a shot now 🤣

The Orange Gasm thread is probably the thread, if you are new to LED's or just want a "grow" refresher- to concentrate on as it's packed with info. I just checked, over 41K views at this point which is pretty amazing considering it's not a live thread (people aren't posting in it anymore). The Sweet Zombie thread has over 40K views. It appears there's still close to 1,000 views a month of the Gasm thread, probably from Gavita google searches, as it often shows up at the top of the search page (depending on your search words).

I'll make it easy for some of you and here's the Sweet Zombie grow too:

sshz

sshz

I've found the yellowing near the end is caused by one or two things- #1 would be lack of Nitrogen in bloom fertilizer and/or #2 a build up of salts in the medium which causes other root uptake issues. I believe the UV-B won't cause yellowing, but will cause distortion in the leaves.

Marijuana LOVES nitrogen, and it has high demands deep into flowering. I've talked about using a veg/bloom mix deep into flowering (thru week 6) just to make sure it has enough to stay green and healthy til near the end. Weeks 6-8 I'll then switch to a straight bloom fertilizer (1-4-5) until the flush. Everyone has a different regimen, but you have seen my plants stay nicely green until the very end.

Porky1982

Porky1982

The Orange Gasm thread is probably the thread, if you are new to LED's or just want a "grow" refresher- to concentrate on as it's packed with info. I just checked, over 41K views at this point which is pretty amazing considering it's not a live thread (people aren't posting in it anymore). The Sweet Zombie thread has over 40K views. It appears there's still close to 1,000 views a month of the Gasm thread, probably from Gavita google searches, as it often shows up at the top of the search page (depending on your search words).

I'll make it easy for some of you and here's the Sweet Zombie grow too:

When ya produce good shit over and over people will notice. 👍👍

Madmax

Madmax

How much did you pay again for those uvb lights..the kit is for 2...$549.00 here ..😳

Just found a cheaper place 230 for a single one.still pretty dear..gee we get ripped here..unbelievable

Last edited:
Bdmack

Bdmack

Came across sshz's threads from an Aqua thread. Each one took like a week to get through. In typing this post I just realized where my last month went....

sshz

sshz

I think delivered it cost me $210 total for 2............ it's a total rip off, believe me. The lights shouldn't be more than $25 each. 80% of the cost is the bulb. But this is the state of marijuana growing these days- charge 4X what the cost should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom