Experimental 2KW G13 4' X 8' SCROG

• Thread starter DrFeelGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apache69

Apache69

I have been fending off Spider Mites, the little devils seem to slow growth down a bit for sure. I just figure if the horizontal screen is full, then the rest of the borders will mostly fill in the remaining foot during the first two weeks of flower, given the stretch rate is being observed at 6"-8" per ten days. If I manage to get rid of the SM then perhaps it will fill in faster.

If you consider the length of the screen being 8 ft and the borders having a height of 1 ft then I am actually leaving 20% of the length for stretch training. There is a total length of 8 + 1 + 1 = 10 ft and I am leaving 2ft/10ft = 20%.

Dr FG

I was wondering if anyone has tried to do a Co2 Dump in your Room? Maybe that would kill a lot of the mites? I have seen that it has been discussed but I have never if someone has tried it.

Cheers,

D

DrFeelGood

I was wondering if anyone has tried to do a Co2 Dump in your Room? Maybe that would kill a lot of the mites? I have seen that it has been discussed but I have never if someone has tried it.

Cheers,

I have been discussing this with friends. I have Negative Pressure in my room so I will have to kill the lights and AC to dump a tank of CO2 in there. I would like to do it, I just need some gas to set free at this point. Eventually I will be running a sealed room, and I hope to be running a CO2 injection system. I would run a burner but there are no gas lines in my building.

Thanks!

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

there are some co² bags out there im seeing here in the forum they seems to work well take a look in it cant find the thread atm where they where used but you will find them...

... Have a good day doc (btw i love this bugs bunny joke)

Abek666

Abek666

oh i have not seeing the sm problem ever in my grows even the whole naighborhood have this crap in there normal gardens i have a filter on my intake this helps alot but im not sure how you will get rid of these pests i have heared from some grannys a good soap and water mix sprayed havily over 2 weeks should help better then any pesticide whish you luck with this problem they really could kill a whole harvest have a good day and keep on fighting them hehe

bye doc

Abek666

Abek666

so how is it looking now have you conqered these little bastards allready?
It will be nice to see a new update
see u soon
have a nice day doc

Abek666

Abek666

hehehe yeah right i have some rabbits of my own they are exactly like him and the best way to let unusable harvest stuff disapear they love to eat this...
have a good day doc

D

DrFeelGood

hehehe yeah right i have some rabbits of my own they are exactly like him and the best way to let unusable harvest stuff disapear they love to eat this...
have a good day doc

I'm going to have a ton of rabbit food! Might have to get some of the little fuzzy bunnies!

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

would predatory bugs put a dent in them? :cool0041:

I've used predatory mites and Spider Mite Destroyers, as well as atheta. None of them stick around. They may help to control them for a week or two but they don't seem to get rid of them. What I have been thinking I need to do is breed predatory mites and or Destroyers just so I can keep releasing them.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

I just measured the distance to fill the horizontal screen at several points. At the near end there are 10 inches to go at the closest point and 14 inches at the furthest point. At the near end there are 7 inches to go at the closest point and 20 inches at the furthest point. I have been considering if there will be enough roots to feed all of the flowers. I looked back over DoubleDs equipment list and he is using 60 liter reservoirs to get 3-4 lb plants. The 60 liters converts to 15.85 gallons, so my pot is 27 gallons which is 1.7 times as large in terms of volume. Now I have to keep in mind my bucket has dirt in it taking up space, but his reservoir is only getting filled to two and a half inches above the inner bucket. I am hoping the 27 gallons may be enough to support a yield in the neighborhood of 6 lb, 3lb per light. She is almost root-bound in the container and unfortunately re-potting may be nearly impossible. I am going to add 4-5 inches of soil to the top so the roots can at least go up and expand a little bit to increase the root mass. Here are some updated shots :evilgrin0040: .

Dr FG

52311 001
52311 002
52311 003
52311 004
52311 005
D

DrFeelGood

Ă„hm your shots where not posted?

Yeah unfortunately you are 100% correct. I have loaded them 5 times and it keeps not posting them. I have to load them one at a time through the edit feature so they will be up soon.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

I am setting up some smaller Pentascrogs on the smaller screens in my room in case the Hexascrog ends up not being an accurate experiment due to root space constriction, and to benefit in increased yield which is always good. I will post pics soon of them once they are all set up.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

Holy shit this is incredible I love it!!!

Hey thanks! I just filled in the top 4 inches with a blend of Guano, Earthworm Castings, and Roots Organic soil. At least the roots can come up into some nutrient rich soil and add some more root mass:)

Dr FG

Top Bottom