F**k my life, what in the weird spots is going on here?

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stltoed

stltoed

You every see light bleaching? Light burn... not necessarily heat if that's what you mean.

Now you see the shape of a droplet right? It can focus the light.... just like burning ants with a magnifying glass. It concentrates photons in an area and CAN damage the leaf.

Just because you haven't had it happen doesn't mean it can't.
And I have thought about it.

How can you compare lawns? Think about it.
Your comparing a plant that's blades are vertical reducing light capture. On top of that sunlight has peak intensity maybe 3-4 hrs a day about 130k lux on a clear sunny day and declines fast

We can be running 45k lux for 18 hrs.

It's not even remotely comparable

It's just best practice.

That does not mean you will get burn but the purpose is also for the leaves to absorb the sprays not evaporate the water and leave residue.
I'm not sure what to tell you. But since the vast amount of poisons aren't clear you should be ok right?. I've seen bleaching and damage from lights, but never from water droplets on leaves.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not sure what to tell you. But since the vast amount of poisons aren't clear you should be ok right?. I've seen bleaching and damage from lights, but never from water droplets on leaves.
These experiments found that water droplets on a smooth surface, such as maple or ginkgo leaves, cannot cause leaf burn. However in contrast the team found that floating fern leaves, which have small wax hairs, are susceptible to leaf burn. This is because the hairs can hold the water droplets in focus above the leaf's surface, acting as a magnifying glass. The latter not only partly confirms the widely held belief of gardeners, but also opens an analogous issue of sunburn on hairy human skin after bathing.

stltoed

stltoed

These experiments found that water droplets on a smooth surface, such as maple or ginkgo leaves, cannot cause leaf burn. However in contrast the team found that floating fern leaves, which have small wax hairs, are susceptible to leaf burn. This is because the hairs can hold the water droplets in focus above the leaf's surface, acting as a magnifying glass. The latter not only partly confirms the widely held belief of gardeners, but also opens an analogous issue of sunburn on hairy human skin after bathing.
Not sure what your talking about, but im sure it's fascinating

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1. Egri, A.; Horvath, A.; Kriska, G.; Horvath, G. Optics of sunlit water drops on leaves: conditions under which sunburn is possible. New Phytologist, 2010; DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.03150.x
Quote from there.

And many other studies have been conducted it not a theory its a fact. To add although extremely unlikely like multitudes more than the lottety I would guess. They found a water drop could start a forest fire under extremely rare circumstances.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I am just reinforcing my statement and your objection to it as false.

I have no reason to make something like that up.

don't cause burning... think about it... how could they underwater. It's a wildly popular theory, not just in pot farming but crops like a front lawn.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

You every see light bleaching? Light burn... not necessarily heat if that's what you mean.

Now you see the shape of a droplet right? It can focus the light.... just like burning ants with a magnifying glass. It concentrates photons in an area and CAN damage the leaf.

Just because you haven't had it happen doesn't mean it can't.
And I have thought about it.

How can you compare lawns? Think about it.
Your comparing a plant that's blades are vertical reducing light capture. On top of that sunlight has peak intensity maybe 3-4 hrs a day about 130k lux on a clear sunny day and declines fast

We can be running 45k lux for 18 hrs.

It's not even remotely comparable.

Never heard of watering at night to prevent burning. From childhood was taught for exactly that reason... evaporation

It's just best practice.

That does not mean you will get burn but the purpose is also for the leaves to absorb the sprays not evaporate the water and leave residue.
Thanks!

stltoed

stltoed

1. Egri, A.; Horvath, A.; Kriska, G.; Horvath, G. Optics of sunlit water drops on leaves: conditions under which sunburn is possible. New Phytologist, 2010; DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.03150.x
Quote from there.

And many other studies have been conducted it not a theory its a fact. To add although extremely unlikely like multitudes more than the lottety I would guess. They found a water drop could start a forest fire under extremely rare circumstances.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I am just reinforcing my statement and your objection to it as false.

I have no reason to make something like that up.
A droplets of water starting a Forrest fire... incredible. Look bro, I don't care if you spray all night and day. I've never seen any issue with it. So you can find whatever you like on the internet, such as forrest fires from drops of water, which is nothing shot of ridiculous. But you're gonna believe what you like.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A droplets of water starting a Forrest fire... incredible. Look bro, I don't care if you spray all night and day. I've never seen any issue with it. So you can find whatever you like on the internet, such as forrest fires from drops of water, which is nothing shot of ridiculous. But you're gonna believe what you like.
Yeah I am because it's a fact.

I guess no point debating it. You called it out as false, I presented facts of actual scientific studies that aren't enough for you idk.... or maybe your ego is bruised. Whatever it is your problem not mine.

Some ppl just want to be right not matter the cost and others would rather have the right answer or information. I can't count how many times I have been wrong and actually learned something. Your loss.

stltoed

stltoed

Yeah I am because it's a fact.

I guess no point debating it. You called it out as false, I presented facts of actual scientific studies that aren't enough for you idk.... or maybe your ego is bruised. Whatever it is your problem not mine.

Some ppl just want to be right not matter the cost and others would rather have the right answer or information. I can't count how many times I have been wrong and actually learned something. Your loss.
You haven't "showed" anything. You mentioned a link, but I never saw one. All I'm saying is in 5 years I've done it quite a bit and it was never an issue. That's all...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You haven't "showed" anything. You mentioned a link, but I never saw one. All I'm saying is in 5 years I've done it quite a bit and it was never an issue. That's all...
I never provided a link. This is the study feel free to look it up.

Jones, H. G. (2010) Can water droplets on leaves cause leaf scorch? Forum - Commentary. New Phytologist 185: 865-867

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'd mix a bottle of 25 % isopropyl and 75% water. Spray the crud out of it a couple times a day and watch for more bugs. If your using soil spray the top of the soil a little also. Don't use this deep on flower as it may mess up your trichomes
a strength of 8% h2o2 or less won’t hurt trichomes..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
after any outdoor harvest i’ll wash the branches in a h2o2 mix before drying/curing..
lots of people do..
i have some thailand that didn’t take the h2o2 that well during the grow but the buds that are curing smell delicious, even better than my indoor grow..
so no worries.. 3-6% is plenty strong enough..

stltoed

stltoed

after any outdoor harvest i’ll wash the branches in a h2o2 mix before drying/curing..
lots of people do..
i have some thailand that didn’t take the h2o2 that well but the buds that are curing smell delicious, even better than my indoor grow..
so no worries.. 3-6% is plenty strong enough..
I wash my buds, but not in Peroxide. This is my method. Work surprisingly well.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Slight issue here guys. Idk what the new discolorations are, but if you have time to look closely, youll notice small discoloration. Mostly on edges of leaves of new growth or mid growth. Not much on older stuff at bottom that ive seen. I pay very close attention so this has had to have appeared within 36 hrs and is still not very noticieable unless you look closely.

20211022 170859
20211022 170833
20211022 170822
20211022 170802
20211022 171035
20211022 170702
20211022 170655
20211022 170745
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Slight issue here guys. Idk what the new discolorations are, but if you have time to look closely, youll notice small discoloration. Mostly on edges of leaves of new growth or mid growth. Not much on older stuff at bottom that ive seen. I pay very close attention so this has had to have appeared within 36 hrs and is still not very noticieable unless you look closely.
ok i was trying to re read your thread but it’s all over the place.,
can you take a couple pics of the whole plant from side ish to above looking down..

Top Bottom