First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
User59204626117

User59204626117

I dont know what to do. I physically cant do that. I cant have 1 bucket in a tent while 3 buckets sit outside the tent being abandoned and be only running at 25% capacity. it just doesnt make sense and bugs my OCD and desire for efficiency. id lose sleep over that.

its frustrating and im ready to throw in the towel here. my ego and pride wont allow me to downgrade RDWC to DWC and also go from 4 to 1. im stubborn and a sucker for punishment I guess.

this isnt rocket science. it IS possible and I know I can do it. I just need to get my head in the game a little bit more. this hydro setup is at the back of my mind and basically abandoned except for my quick ph and ppm test every night. seeing no progress makes me even less motivated and it just becomes a vicious cycle from there. I feel bad for even wasting your guys time by spinning my tires here. trust me, I feel like such an idiot. im mad I wasted $400 on buckets, clay pebbles, an air pump and some hose.

I feel like this hydrogaurd and bascillus bacteria is extremlyyyyyy important and possibly a huge missing piece to my puzzle. wish I didnt drop the ball so hard on that stuff. I got h202 instead. god damnit. was backwards and now its biting me in the ass. this h202 is useless and im begging for hydroguard here. fuck me.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
hydroguard isn't a fix-all man. it's just a bacteria, doesn't influence root growth substantially or offer any other major benefits other than preventing root rot. h2o2 will do the same thing.

I get the OCD thing though... I hate seeing the floor in a tent. I view it as wasted space, and lack of uniformity. And you're correct, this isn't rocket science. You can figure this out. Comb over the details, reference documentation, and devise what's the missing piece. Honestly, it's probably something simple that we haven't accounted for in the past 24 pages. Or, we did cover, but glossed over because of its simplicity. I deal with that time to time at work -- the hardest problems turn out to be the simplest fixes. Growing is a lot like building software in that way.

User59204626117

User59204626117

I’ll get it figured. I know what I need to do... I just need to do it.

I think starting fresh would help a ton. Maybe a pro with experience and a dialed setup could of recovered plants like mine. But someone with my knowledge and equipment and mistakes I made sure can’t. I shot myself in the foot before the race even started.

PK1

PK1

Supporter

I think starting fresh would help a ton. Maybe a pro with experience and a dialed setup could of recovered plants like mine. But someone with my knowledge and equipment and mistakes I made sure can’t. I shot myself in the foot before the race even started.
wroooooooong, someone experienced would of not done that period. lol, anyway my idea was to take the plants out and put them back in soil. I think they should be good to go after a week or two.

dusty68

dusty68

My two cents:
If you can't get hydroguard on amazon, go too eBay. They won't ship GH diamond nectar to illinois but Ebay works fine. Also, no offense is intended but your bucket system doesn't look right. I would have larger return lines. If I can do it brother, you can do it too. I love my RDWC and my DWC. I am running both and they produce very well.. No offense just trying to help.

User59204626117

User59204626117

No offence taken. It’s all good. I know my system doesn’t look, or perform right. It needs some serious upgrades

airedog

airedog

Supporter
You'd be surprised; i ran open tubing top-fed Rubbermaid 17 gallon totes with 1 " drain lines for years and they performed fine. Blew a lot of air in and that seemed to keep roots around my air diffusers and out of the drain lines. No question that 2 or 3" PVC drain lines are better but they are pricier, you'll also need rigid, flat sided buckets.

Here's 17 gallon totes, feed and drain lines;

Supplynreturn

4 totes filled a 10 * 10 space.

These were roots from one of my grows;

KKrootsM3 1

Here's a canopy shot from a grow in late mid flower;

Dec211

RDWC can and will give spectacular results, but at the cost of possibly equally spectacular failures or 'oh shit' moments. I've had reservoirs let go, stupidly left pumps in to auto-siphon and best of all my first store-bought RDWC had the feed lines run inside the drain lines. They clogged and flooded on a weekend with plants about 3' high. I bought a few extra buckets, re-plumbed and swapped out on the fly and brought in a crop; then mopped up for a few hours. Crop was nothing to write home about but it got me started. Lots of help from the members at Overgrow back in 2003 got me through it and improving through each successive grow.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Your $120 bottle of 98% water you mean?

im still looking for an alternate, local substitution.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Your $120 bottle of 98% water you mean?

im still looking.
instead of being negative about it, maybe you should understand why its 98% water
The reason for that is because the 2% that is the mixture needs to be diluted with water. I don't know how many milliliter or liter that is, but that is why it has 98% water. my enzyme is not mixed so i have to do it myself.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Just makes me wonder is all. I was given several alternatives and cheaper more concentrated options for my ph pen storage solution among other things. Yet this 98% $120 bottle of hydroguard has no cheaper, more concentrated alternatives? Maybe like the double nickle 55 d747 powder that has 25% bacillus that several other forums mentioned as an alternative to that $120 bottle of water containing .038% that you laughed at?

do you even understand why it’s 98% water? Explain if so.

Hydroguard™ contains a minimum of 1.00 x 10^4 cfu/ml. It is 0.038% Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens and 99.962% inert ingredients.

It’s not being negative. It’s the truth. It was a legit question. Is it not $120 for 98% water or am I mistaken??

Even the southern ag numbers blow the hydroguard out of the water. Everything just seems way way way stronger than hydroguard 🤷‍♀️ (please. Correct me if I’m wrong?) It just seems like shit to be honest but hey, I better not research it fully and just jump right in and start ordering tons of bottles of it right away based on others recommendations. Look how well that’s working for the rest of my grow so far without researching shit fully.

I am absolutely fucking sick of buying garbage products/tools and over priced snake oil just because they know it’s cannabis related so everything gets researched and googled and compared now.

people shit on me for buying GH products which are “98% water” but yet this 98% water hydroguard is the best thing since sliced bread??? And if it is, I’ll order some right now then.

Last edited:
Chivoson

Chivoson

I dont know what to do. I physically cant do that. I cant have 1 bucket in a tent while 3 buckets sit outside the tent being abandoned and be only running at 25% capacity. it just doesnt make sense and bugs my OCD and desire for efficiency. id lose sleep over that.

its frustrating and im ready to throw in the towel here. my ego and pride wont allow me to downgrade RDWC to DWC and also go from 4 to 1. im stubborn and a sucker for punishment I guess.

this isnt rocket science. it IS possible and I know I can do it. I just need to get my head in the game a little bit more. this hydro setup is at the back of my mind and basically abandoned except for my quick ph and ppm test every night. seeing no progress makes me even less motivated and it just becomes a vicious cycle from there. I feel bad for even wasting your guys time by spinning my tires here. trust me, I feel like such an idiot. im mad I wasted $400 on buckets, clay pebbles, an air pump and some hose.

I feel like this hydrogaurd and bascillus bacteria is extremlyyyyyy important and possibly a huge missing piece to my puzzle. wish I didnt drop the ball so hard on that stuff. I got h202 instead. god damnit. was backwards and now its biting me in the ass. this h202 is useless and im begging for hydroguard here. fuck me.
$400 could get you some mad organic live soil, and lose the headache that you seem to be living....its a plant, give it a kiss approach...keep it stupid simple

tobh

tobh

Supporter
$400 could get you some mad organic live soil, and lose the headache that you seem to be living....its a plant, give it a kiss approach...keep it stupid simple
While I agree with this to an extent, it's not conducive to forwarding the conversation. A solution should address issues with what's been purchased and overcoming them, not completely going in a different direction from what the initial investment was for.

amekins

amekins

While I agree with this to an extent, it's not conducive to forwarding the conversation. A solution should address issues with what's been purchased and overcoming them, not completely going in a different direction from what the initial investment was for.
I actually think just about all of the OP’s questions and problems have been addressed if you start from the beginning. I re-read my own and others as I assimilate new information that may malet the revisited info stick.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I actually think just about all of the OP’s questions and problems have been addressed if you start from the beginning. I re-read my own and others as I assimilate new information that may malet the revisited info stick.
Right, really the root cause of many of these issues has been the plants originating in soil. Remove that detail, and much of this conversation would've likely not been had. However, telling OP to spend that same $400 on soil again, just to return to where they started isn't helpful.

Chivoson

Chivoson

Right, really the root cause of many of these issues has been the plants originating in soil. Remove that detail, and much of this conversation would've likely not been had. However, telling OP to spend that same $400 on soil again, just to return to where they started isn't helpful.
Its been 25 pages in less than a month....multiple times he has said it is kicking his ass or overwhelming...at this point, throwing some seeds into a $20 Miracle-Gro mix would be better...

Latest posts

Top Bottom