First Room Set-up..

• Thread starter truvalca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
truvalca

truvalca

how bad is it? remember unless you run a square wave ballast, you will get some flicker, and even a sq wave will likely flicker, but may be faster than an eye or lens can detect without adjustment, it will be more solid than a sine wave of course

Hey Ecompost. I figured out the issue. My buddy brought over one of his "e" bulbs. I guess they are rated for divi ballasts. The thing fired up like a light saber. I guess my ballast didn't like the ol'skool bulb. And to answer your ?. It was not even a flicker. The bulb would fire up for about 10sec, then shut off for about 30sec. This process would just repeat itself over and over..

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hey Ecompost. I figured out the issue. My buddy brought over one of his "e" bulbs. I guess they are rated for divi ballasts. The thing fired up like a light saber. I guess my ballast didn't like the ol'skool bulb. And to answer your ?. It was not even a flicker. The bulb would fire up for about 10sec, then shut off for about 30sec. This process would just repeat itself over and over..
ah yes, so it was arcing and flipping out LOL OK glad its sorted, safety first, know the limits of the tech I guess and not everything is backwardly compatible. it is worth mentioning this buddy since other people might come across this in the future where on a budget they borrow or piece together

truvalca

truvalca

Ecompost. Yes, that is why I brought it up. I know as a newb it was pissing me the hell off. Like cursing and kicking at the air kind of mad. lol. I figured someone else out there might be having the same issue. Thought I would help the farm out.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Ecompost. Yes, that is why I brought it up. I know as a newb it was pissing me the hell off. Like cursing and kicking at the air kind of mad. lol. I figured someone else out there might be having the same issue. Thought I would help the farm out.
this is the spirit we need solider, keep up the great work and the discovery for your time, will be data gold for those that follow

Ecompost

Ecompost

Totally non related. But I'm a nerd. And who doesn't love Star Wars. Here a few pics down the st. From the job site. X-Wing on HollyWood Blvd. setting up for the Rogue 1 premier. Apologies if this pisses anyone off. Lol
cool bro, and share what you like man, I aint gonna bash you for telling us about you and what you like, I know some heavily needy types crack on about this becoming Facebook, but really, this is just them having a bad day :-)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Fishmaster42 I definitely went a lil overboard on my first time. Big dreams. Lol
Best part about it the free dreams I mean , without big dreams you can end up with a small reality I think for the first room you have built you have Royced it up mate top job Cobba .

Freshone

Freshone

first grow 50 lbs bottle nice. dragging around 50 lbs of co2 keep you strong.
Why buy 20lb tanks when you can have 50s for twice the price?lol.
I get my 50s swapped out for 10-12 bucks at my welding supply,their super light,not even aluminum,spun fiberglass or something?Weight used to be the issue and aluminum was half the weight of a steel tank,the new spun tanks are half the weight of an aluminum,20s are just a way to keep you returning to the hydro shop.

Top Bottom