Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Very nice I don't get anything like that but I would have up potted before it got to that point. I'm surprised you have your hand on the roots.....I was always led to believe that's a no no transferring bugs from me to the roots. I've always tried to keep my mitts off the roots........a pain in the ass sometimes in transplanting gently but I've never grabbed a hold of the mass like that......I'm just paranoid I guess.😃😃
Probably right there. I do make a point to wash my hands, and keep things clean; as much as possible. I also hit the plants with microbes after an up-potting.

Other things I do these days.... I was a swabbie in the US. Navy; and taken back to that art again. Hardwood floors; and tiles, I don't sweep or vaccum much anymore; or keep sweeping to a minimum, and mostly mopping... Less dust in the air the better IMO. (also I have chronic asthma, allergies; and COPD) Usually straight warm water; or light castile soap. Sometimes go further; like using citric acid, or the triton x100; for lab grade cleansing, penetrating any cooks and crevices. Been using lots of these ecofriendly "essential oil" cleaners of late; would like to start concocting my own types.

Protocol development for maintence are a great work in progress; and should be ongoing in any growing room. It's how we incrementally improve out skillsets.

2 of buds Rudeboi OG clones who got a second run. I did some clipping and changed the lighting out. 200 watts is not enough, and one of my Power Supplies gave out, so I put up a bigger light this morning. Have pics of that later.

I had mites in this tent last run; so I'm rightly concerned.

PXL 20220306 160116305MP
PXL 20220306 160120395MP
PXL 20220306 160123056MP
PXL 20220306 160126316MP
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Probably right there. I do make a point to wash my hands, and keep things clean; as much as possible. I also hit the plants with microbes after an uppotting.
It's because you're so good at this whole growing thing I was just startled by it.....I'd just assumed you be a sterile nut😁.....I see a lot of growers very paranoid about bugs and their grows look like hospital rooms.......I grow in dirt...it gets everywhere. The guys here got me to stop using my scissors without torching them then washing them in alcohol.......I use my fingers to pinch tops now after dipping them in alcohol lol........😃😃

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I’m going into week 9 of flower and am getting brown spots on my upper flowers. Lower seem fine. Been flushing with water 6-6.5 ph. I also noticed today, water day, that my pot is still heavy. It’s always light on water day.
Looks mostly like calcium and nitrogen deficiency from where I stand. Looks like humidity levels might be a challenge; what's the RH and temps been like?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It's because you're so good at this whole growing thing I was just startled by it.....I'd just assumed you be a sterile nut😁.....I see a lot of growers very paranoid about bugs and their grows look like hospital rooms.......I grow in dirt...it gets everywhere. The guys here got me to stop using my scissors without torching them then washing them in alcohol.......I use my fingers to pinch tops now after dipping them in alcohol lol........😃😃
I would be; if I were in a different setting perhaps;, especially if I had some big grows to protect like bud; or some of the others... Cause I'm so small scale; and I'm working out of 600 sq foot area; living space + grow area, it makes it all one thing to some degree... there's no specific area in the house; wereas the grow room begins and the house ends. Besides the tent doors themselves.

Just changed the light out in there.... which was a bit of an undertaking.😁 That big fucker takes awhile to put together; and hand (8 bars) Took thy frying pans out...

PXL 20220306 174310706MP

Got a bigger meanwell powersupply coming for these. I do think they perform better; If I can get a driver that won't poop out. 🙄 Samsung 301H for the win.
PXL 20220306 174641013MP

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I would be; if I were in a different setting perhaps;, especially if I had some big grows to protect like bud; or some of the others... Cause I'm so small scale; and I'm working out of 600 sq foot area; living space + grow area, it makes it all one thing to some degree... there's no specific area in the house; wereas the grow room begins and the house ends. Besides the tent doors themselves.

Just changed the light out in there.... which was a bit of an undertaking.😁 That big fucker takes awhile to put together; and hand (8 bars) Took thy frying pans out...

View attachment 1223447

Got a bigger meanwell powersupply coming for these. I do think they perform better; If I can get a driver that won't poop out. 🙄 Samsung 301H for the win.
View attachment 1223449
Oh shit man I didn't realize your cramped conditions,,,,,,I have lots & lots of space.....I don't have anymore electrical capacity though....An old house with a 100w service.....she's iffy adding anything electrical without unplugging something else....We don't microwave and toast at the same time or oven and use the dryer at the same time...

One big reason dropping down to led lights will help my downstairs circuits I'm now flowering under 300w rather than 1000+w......
I bought another SE3000.... +300w and I still had room so I went berserk & put 200 w more on with red led side lights and I still have 200w to play with......like a kid with a $100 bill can't wait to spend it.....so much for savings...lol

J

Jjjmm56

Looks mostly like calcium and nitrogen deficiency from where I stand. Looks like humidity levels might be a challenge; what's the RH and temps been like?
80* with80% humidity I live in Fla. I moved 1 plant outside about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be doing fine. Just taking longer to grow buds.

sambapati

sambapati

drink the alcohol first

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh shit man I didn't realize your cramped conditions,,,,,,I have lots & lots of space.....I don't have anymore electrical capacity though....An old house with a 100w service.....she's iffy adding anything electrical without unplugging something else....We don't microwave and toast at the same time or oven and use the dryer at the same time...

One big reason dropping down to led lights will help my downstairs circuits I'm now flowering under 300w rather than 1000+w......
I bought another SE3000.... +300w and I still had room so I went berserk & put 200 w more on with red led side lights and I still have 200w to play with......like a kid with a $100 bill can't wait to spend it.....so much for savings...lol
Agreed; 1000 watt service is dicey; so always take care. Pig tails with power strips is a hugely bad idea for those kinds of outlets. You can easily destroy the wires in the walls.... Probably 15 amp max from any one source.

We've got old service too; but at least it's not the screw in type. 😁 I sometimes inspect the walls and sockets with my thermal imaging FLIR scope to make sure there's not too much heat being produced anywhere. Or just act like a general moron in pitch black darkeness.🫂

PXL 20220307 090630156MP

PXL 20220307 090655581MP
PXL 20220307 090625433MP
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
80* with80% humidity I live in Fla. I moved 1 plant outside about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be doing fine. Just taking longer to grow buds.
Yea, well if you can do anything to keep air on it constantly; that should help with your humidity issues to some degree... 80% is mold-fest playground; I would be hitting those with streptomyces nigrescens or lactobacillus bigtime, or Streptococcus thermophilus.... Anything that might keep molds in check. ie. 2 tbs glycerin per gal H20, spray @pH >8->8.5 or some Purecrop1

ie. Humidity depends upon the amount of vapor present in the air. so, the higher wind speed causes minimum evaporation of water and low humidity and lower wind speed cause maximum evaporation of water and high humidity.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
drink the alcohol first
I used to follow this advice.... But now I just rub hemp oils w/linalool into my skin and hair after bathing... Easier on the body; keeps the skin healthy; from drying out. It's also got antimicrobial and antifungal properties. In addition, linalool is used as an insecticide against fleas, fruit fly, or cockroaches... 😁

It's also being studied as an anticancer/antitumor agent; would would guess..... Kills bacteria and molds + regulates tumor development..🤔

I'm convinced some of the ancients knew a thing or two about keeping healthy despite challenging environment, things like petroleum jelly ect.... Or coal tar extract.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

I used to follow this advice.... But now I just rub hemp oils w/linalool into my skin and hair after bathing... Easier on the body; keeps the skin healthy; from drying out. It's also got antimicrobial and antifungal properties. In addition, linalool is used as an insecticide against fleas, fruit fly, or cockroaches... 😁

It's also being studied as an anticancer/antitumor agent; would would guess..... Kills bacteria and molds + regulates tumor development..🤔

I'm convinced some of the ancients knew a thing or two about keeping healthy despite challenging environment, things like petroleum jelly ect.... Or coal tar extract.
My old grandpa swore by 1 tsp of petroleum jelly daily.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Agreed; 1000 watt service is dicey; so always take care. Pig tails with power strips is a hugely bad idea for those kinds of outlets. You can easily destroy the wires in the walls.... Probably 15 amp max from any one source.

We've got old service too; but at least it's not the screw in type. 😁 I sometimes inspect the walls and sockets with my thermal imaging FLIR scope to make sure there's not too much heat being produced anywhere. Or just act like a general moron in pitch black darkeness.🫂

View attachment 1223814
I was an electrician for 25 years I have a good handle on our service and I've done a few upgrades but I like fuses over breakers for safety...Fuses will always blow when over heated,,,,,,not so breakers...they will work 99% of the time but if you have multiple trips on the same breakers they can fail and not trip. Ground fault or arc fault breakers would definitely be safer but fuses I trust for overloads.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
My old grandpa swore by 1 tsp of petroleum jelly daily.
Robert Augustus Chesebrough
January 9, 1837
London, England
was an American chemist. He discovered petroleum jelly, which he marketed as Vaseline, and founded the Chesebrough Manufacturing Company. Chesebrough lived to be 96 years old and was such a believer in Vaseline that he claimed to have eaten a spoonful of it every day. He died at his house in Spring Lake, New Jersey. He also, reportedly, during a serious bout of pleurisy in his mid-50s, had his nurse rub him from head to foot with Vaseline. He soon recovered, and credited his recovery to Vaseline.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I was an electrician for 25 years I have a good handle on our service and I've done a few upgrades but I like fuses over breakers for safety...Fuses will always blow when over heated,,,,,,not so breakers...they will work 99% of the time but if you have multiple trips on the same breakers they can fail and not trip. Ground fault or arc fault breakers would definitely be safer but fuses I trust for overloads.
Good to hear it from the expert; the internet is such a wonderful place, cause you always get bits of new information you never realized before. Makes perfect sense. I've got some electronics background; but it's not a whole lot. Mostly micro, computer builds, the light builds above make me nervous; cause they have large capacitors in them.... Basic wiring; I once installed a 200 amp main while it was live. 😁 Back when I was a little more nuts. Used welding gloves, for what they were worth at the time. God I was baked.

Some shit can really fuck up your day.😱 Electricity is one of those possibilities. Bold of ⚡⚡ect..

Isn't it interesting that a bolt of lighting in Silicon (sand) and roots look almost identical? 🤔 and both are transporters of ions. When electric gets in human flesh; it does something similar; and your nerves and veins are some of the best conductors
S l1600 81

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good to hear it from the expert; the internet is such a wonderful place, cause you always get bits of new information you never realized before. Makes perfect sense. I've got some electronics background; but it's not a whole lot. Mostly micro, computer builds, the light builds above make me nervous; cause they have large capacitors in them.... Basic wiring; I once installed a 200 amp main while it was live. 😁 Back when I was a little more nuts. Used welding gloves, for what they were worth at the time. God I was baked.

Some shit can really fuck up your day.😱 Electricity is one of those possibilities. Bold of ⚡⚡ect..

View attachment 1223915

Isn't it interesting that a bolt of lighting in Silicon (sand) and roots look almost identical? 🤔 and both are transporters of ions. When electric gets in human flesh; it does something similar; and your nerves and veins are some of the best conductors
View attachment 1223917

View attachment 1223915

View attachment 1223917
I 've been hit with 110/120v hundreds of times...220v....a bunch & 347v a few times.....I worked in the ship yards for years both wiring and working for the temp light and ventilation crew. supplying the trades with power,lighting, fans & ducting for ventilating the welding throughout the ships...hundreds of welders required a lot of ventilation and we always worked hot....can't shut off everything on the way overloaded circuits.

The last place I worked in the hospital doing electrical maintenance the lighting was 120 v & 347v.......all the hallway, stairwell & office lighting was 347v...with 4 -5 -6-7 offices on a single lighting circuit I couldn't shut them all down to fix a light so I'd cut the hot, cap it and disconnect....fix what ever was wrong and re connect the hot last.....trouble is there is a lot of load on the circuits with all the lights still on and if you break the circuit you have the whole load in your hands. I try and just pigtail the marrett and not fry myself stripping and recapping the connection.....didn't always work

I got hit twice in a row with 347v...knocked me off my 6 ft ladder, dropped down to the floor, got up not wanting to make a scene, shook it off and got back up to reconnect...now nervous and sweaty I did it again fkin whack..down off the ladder again,,, old folks in wheelchairs coming to my aid after the flash...lol....shook up but okay I got up laughed it off with a few of the oldies then went to the print room to find the circuit and shut it off.......I didn't do much the rest of the day hurt my fkin heart the second one......I could feel it for a long time afterwards......

I still twitch thinking about it and some other real close calls that could have killed me one would have fried me and the shut power off in half the city........I disconnected the wrong side of a 600v transformer thinking everything was off at the switch.......It still give me the willies....

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I was watching the tube once a long time ago and they showed these guys servicing high powerlines from a helicopter out in the boonies. The chopper would get him close and he would stick out a lightning rod contraption and an Arc Would jump between it and the powerline. And then I would get on with their work. I think they said they wore suits that routed The electricity over and around their body and onto who knows where. It was a long time ago but the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I was watching the tube once a long time ago and they showed these guys servicing high powerlines from a helicopter out in the boonies. The chopper would get him close and he would stick out a lightning rod contraption and an Arc Would jump between it and the powerline. And then I would get on with their work. I think they said they wore suits that routed The electricity over and around their body and onto who knows where. It was a long time ago but the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.
Yea; pretty crazy stuff... I suppose if your suit is conductive; and your insulated enough; you can be used as a human fuse or something along those lines...🤔

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Bushes being lined up for the flip.... and the stuff coming behind it.

PXL 20220310 100841973MP
PXL 20220310 100837957MP
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The poor sad plants have perked up some... 🥳 Trying to hold everyone back enough until I can take a few outside; and get the front tent rotated out.... My diagnosis is that most of the above issues was caused by cool/cold temps...

PXL 20220324 081701538MP

PXL 20220324 081704907MP
PXL 20220324 081706860MP
PXL 20220324 081708759MP
PXL 20220324 081712889MP
PXL 20220324 081714536MP
PXL 20220324 081657032MP

Latest posts

Top Bottom