Fresno County may ban all growing of buds

• Thread starter Zonkerly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

I think that may be pretty common, baba.

I would *not* want to be raising young kids like that, either. Totally understand that one, and totally understand the problem with just pickin' up and moving.
Ya one day one day, my oldest just turned 18, hopefully be out of here before my youngest gets that age he's 4 now!!!wishful thinking...:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh my God, 4! Our granddaughter will be turning 6 soon. I have a nephew who's only a year older than she is! My own boys are grown.
Just saying, didn't they fill out paperwork for uhaul? Just seems like an easy way to follow these folks for the authorities as uhauls are beyond traceable...
I would suggest they used fake identification to do the rental.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, I'm sure they figured out a way to use Uhaul.,...it's early I need more caffeine...lol

Aligee

Aligee

Oh my God, 4! Our granddaughter will be turning 6 soon. I have a nephew who's only a year older than she is! My own boys are grown.

I would suggest they used fake identification to do the rental.
yup! he's smarter than most too lol!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Another bad update, let's hope that the comments section in this news story are truly indicative of the general consensus of Tuolomne Co residents. Otherwise....? Not good.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/2395735/Planning-Commission-Sets-Marijuana-Hearing.html

January 06, 2014 01:13 pm
B.J. Hansen, MML News Director
Sonora, CA -- The Tuolumne County Planning Commission will look at placing rules and regulations on medicinal marijuana.

The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing about proposed changes to the county ordinance code that would prohibit medical marijuana collectives and outdoor cultivation. The commission will also review proposals to regulate indoor cultivation of medical marijuana. Included are plans to limit the planting and processing area to 32 contiguous square ft., and limiting storage to three pounds of processed marijuana.

The Planning Commission meeting begins at 6pm on January 15th in the Board of Supervisors meeting room. The Tuolumne County Supervisors talked about the controversial matter last month. Click here to view an earlier story. The upcoming Planning Commission meeting is open to the public.

And comments.
Previous Posts for this Topic
shiner
01/06/2014 13:25:16
Im sure this will help. We all know that nobody grew it or kept it in there house before prop215. If the county wants me to be a criminal then so be it. What a county this is, I wish I could afford to leave.​

hammer125 01/06/2014 13:25:58
Legalized Marijuana is a Republican plot to keep Democrats stupid.(lol)​

cattle dog 01/06/2014 14:07:39
Who are they to set rules for the rest of us?​

Outdoor growing? What is wrong with that? They would rather it be indoors only?​

Lets use some commonsense here.​

travzdad 01/06/2014 14:53:28
WTH, last thing I heard was that recreational use is coming up for a vote. That means all the rules are about to change and we are going to waste more money on laws and rules that will become obsolete later this year? Choose another battle that will actually help. What a waste.​

jlav 01/06/2014 14:53:31
Already know how this going to turn out. There should be no reason you should not be able to grow outside. One a lot of people have large lots away from neighbors. Two we don't want people to see it so we grow in fenced in areas. Three not all strains of pot have that strong smell which lasts about 4 weeks. Now about growing indoors Its expensive and there is no way to control it unless a warrant was issued. What about the 3 pounds. That's 4-5 year supply for me. It doesn't make sense. I see someone who has 3 pounds says gee I have all this pot I can make a few bucks selling this to my friends. And just like that you have created a drug dealer. Most of us just want to grow for our selves and be left alone. So much for voting. We need new blood in our leadership. Not old cronies.​

MrCommonSense 01/06/2014 16:06:23
The Planning Commision and BOS actions on this subject is totally irrelevent to the wishes and desires of the population in general and in no way will affect my behavior, regardless of what they decide. I am not sure what is the hidden agenda behind thier actions, but they should be ignored.​

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yup, as predicted, they did it and Tuolomne's next in line.

Over objections of medical marijuana users, the Fresno County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday banned all marijuana cultivation in the county's unincorporated areas starting in February.

The ban includes fines of $1,000 per plant.

The 5-0 vote by supervisors also adds a fine of $100 per plant for each day plants remain after the initial discovery. Violations of the public nuisance ordinance would spark misdemeanor financial penalties.

Appeals of the ordinance citations will be heard by the Board of Supervisors. The ordinance takes effect in 30 days.

Joe Elford, a San Francisco medical marijuana lawyer, said Fresno County apparently is the first to ban medical marijuana cultivation in California.

"You are speaking about a significant number of people who will be negatively affected," Elford said. "It clearly goes against what California voters intended."

He was referring to Proposition 215, a California law allowing use of medical cannabis that passed in 1996.

Fresno County had modeled its ordinance on one from Kern County that limits medical marijuana users to 12 plants, but took it a step further after officials learned that Live Oak, a city near Sacramento, banned cultivation outright.

The Live Oak ordinance was appealed and upheld. Elford said he has written a motion to asking the state Supreme Court to hear the appeal.

"Fresno County is now inviting a legal case against them," he said. "It's hasty action that could end up costing taxpayers money."

Medical marijuana patients told the board Tuesday that they should not have to travel long distances to get the drug of their choice.

"There are no marijuana deaths other than people who are trying to steal it," said Diane Valdovinos of Fresno. "We need legal dispensaries and we need to have patients that can grow their own medicine."

Tim Boissonneault of Fresno said drugs are available on every street corner at pharmacies, but the county will turn those who want to grow medical marijuana from "good people into criminals."

But Sheriff Margaret Mims said the cultivation ban can't come soon enough. In 2013, there were 20 violent incidents involving marijuana cultivation.

"Had this not gotten out of control it may not have resulted in an ordinance like this," Mims said.

Mims estimates the cost of enforcement at $307,000 annually. County officials had no estimates on how much money the fines and any liens would reap under the ordinance.

Board Chairman Andreas Borgeas said the ordinance provides no prohibition for patients to get medical marijuana elsewhere.

"Those that have the proper documentation are still legally capable of smoking and using cannabis," he said. "It's stopping cultivation."

In May, the state Supreme Court ruled in a Riverside case that jurisdictions can create public nuisance laws banning cultivation, Borgeas said. The county, he said, is following that ruling.

Eventually, Borgeas said, the state Legislature will have to step in and set rules to remove the legal "patchwork across the state."

Read more here:

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Still can grow in some areas around here, for now at least. Im going to stay under the 12 limit to be on the safe side. Cant afford the fines they want to charge for more then that.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Zonkerly, if they're banning in all unincorporated areas, what happens when the incorporated areas begin bans, which already have legal precedent IIRC?

One step forward, two steps back.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Still can grow in some areas around here, for now at least.
I can still grow my small garden, period
There was already a ban on outdoor in fresno county
and 1000's of grows..only a few got busted

The ordinance is unconstitutional and violates my rights

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so"

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
They are doing this to protect the theives?
The thieves seem to be the only ones that are hurt by people growing cannabis...right?

i just dont understand it

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Still can grow in some areas around here, for now at least. Im going to stay under the 12 limit to be on the safe side. Cant afford the fines they want to charge for more then that.
I'm confused... We can grow buds or we can't grow buds in Fresno?
Zonkerly, if they're banning in all unincorporated areas, what happens when the incorporated areas begin bans, which already have legal precedent IIRC?

One step forward, two steps back.
We can grow where people r at but not where there is nobody? Like in the city were good 2 grow but not in the open country where it don't bother people? Am I gettin this rite or am I stoned over here?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know what laws are on the books out there, zoning, etc. Goo. I know what's going on in my area, but I'm not fully versed in yours. But, I believe there's already legal precedent for cities to ban both cultivation, cooperative and individual, indoors and out, as well as storefronts of all types. So, if you pair that with the new concept of applying these zoning conditions to UNincorporated areas...? Well, according to my math it adds up to zero cultivation, anywhere, at any time. Same for access/sales.

Aligee

Aligee

would city be considered unincorporated? im thinking not, but this is confusing,
from Wiki:

Last edited:
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I don't know what laws are on the books out there, zoning, etc. Goo. I know what's going on in my area, but I'm not fully versed in yours. But, I believe there's already legal precedent for cities to ban both cultivation, cooperative and individual, indoors and out, as well as storefronts of all types. So, if you pair that with the new concept of applying these zoning conditions to UNincorporated areas...? Well, according to my math it adds up to zero cultivation, anywhere, at any time. Same for access/sales.
Damn that's what I thought.. They should juss say No growing in Fresno or Fresno Co..<< so people like me can understand better.. & I can read & I'm confused juss think of all the big time outdoor growers that r the ones doing it super big<< they don't know English << & I'm not juss talkin bout my brown people ether..

Top Bottom