Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

man.. i have to stop smoking...

i see what you mean. like when to feed more times per day. i have to get that one time a day wet/dry cycle out of my head, fuck..

just did my feed. in was ph 5.9 ppm was 490 out was 6.0 and 620

while i was working i was thinking out how you not battle ppm. u let it rise by using less.... fuck. and how adding water while change the ph

ive never done a recirculation system. all hand water. would always just mix and feed

this takes planning allowing it to increase without fighting. and thats what it feels like everyday, a fight to keep it in balance

Now you are starting to get it :cool: Aside from the runoff being extremely high before I would stop paying attention to runoff numbers at this point and start paying attention to the plants. You don't need to check runoff EC and pH numbers in a drain to waste style grow. Except for extreme cases it's never a true representation of your mediums numbers. If you feed low and often things stabilize and you don't have to ever check runoff again.

In a recirculation system you just monitor the rez. The idea is fairly simple. Generally if the pH drops and EC rises you top off with water to get the levels back to normal as the plants don't want that much. If the pH rises and the EC drops you top off with nutrient to get the levels back to normal because the plants want more.

Wet/Dry cycles are for soil because it retains so much water compared to air. It has a higher potential to go anaerobic. EC spikes can still happen in soil when using hydro nutrients haha. That's why I'm not a big fan of the hybrid approach. Too many variables IMO. I like either hydro with mineral salts or soil amended with organic inputs for the microbes to break down and plain water.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

runoff goes away. i have the two gallon pot on top of a mini bowl inside a big tray and turkey baster everything away. u can see flushing was a bitch bc it is all under a net

i think im getting it... so for example today was 5.9 and 490 in and out was 6.0 and 620 out.

if i think iunderstand it. if i see it rising in the coco i can add more water in the rez to lower ppm in the coco

and then let it stabilize. so im not fighting it allthe time

bicky studs

bicky studs

that is wat i meant by micro managing....
like we said stop measuring.
feed with the same mix! ......
start low, the plants will tell you when they need more...
its way easier uping the nutes a bit than fixing whats been happening

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

but then i still dont get it.

if im using 6/9 and i want it lower in ppm i just add more water to get a 400 ppm for example

then as she is eating more i move closer to the 520 which is full stregth 6/9

is that right?

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

if im using 6/9 and i want it lower in ppm i just add more water to get a 400 ppm for example

is that right?
i think that is what im confused now.. how do i mix my rez using the 6/9 for lower ppm?just add water,no?

justiceman

justiceman

is that right?

Yes. Just add water and dilute to desired strength. Only raise strength if you see signs that they want more. Not because you want them to grow faster or yield higher.

justiceman

justiceman

and thats what bicky studs means by not micro managing and checking ppm all the time
That's not what Bicky Studs meant. What we both meant is that checking the pH and EC of your runoff is micromanaging and can be misleading for the most part. Just focus on your nutrient input being lower strength and consistently applied.

One has to be willing to dilute or strengthen nutrient levels depending on the plants needs and environment. Not every strain is going to take full strength at the start. Not every strain even likes full strength at its max and some strains like more than full strength at their max.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

That's not what Bicky Studs meant. What we both meant is that checking the pH and EC of your runoff is micromanaging and can be misleading for the most part. Just focus on your nutrient input being lower strength and consistently applied.

One has to be willing to dilute or strengthen nutrient levels depending on the plants needs and environment. Not every strain is going to take full strength at the start. Not every strain even likes full strength at its max and some strains like more than full strength at their max.
yup.. i got that. man.. u and enforcer and bicky studs... i owe you each a bottle of whiskey. i think im starting to get how this multi feeds work and how keeping it wet works.

my brain was having the hardest time understanding that part.

but one question i still have is: im new to the ec pen as well. how do you know where to start. what is the ec scale for cannabis

thats where you start low and see what see likes and fucking hell thats how you get rid of the gh recomended table. i never got that before as well.

Enforcer

Enforcer

yup.. i got that. man.. u and enforcer and bicky studs... i owe you each a bottle of whiskey. i think im starting to get how this multi feeds work and how keeping it wet works.

but one question i still have is: im new to the ec pen as well. how do you know where to start. what is the ec scale for cannabis

thats where you start low and see what see likes and fucking hell thats how you get rid of the gh recomended table. i never got that before as well.
EC will depend slightly on the strain. However, in general I would say a range of 0.4 - 2.0.

P

PharmHand

See that’s where I find monitoring runoff in dtw can be helpful. If you’re watering daily to the obligatory 10-15% runoff and checking daily one can spot buildups or shortages to determine ideal feed strengths for different genos. If you’re only watching the leaves you’re essentially waiting for an issue to happen before correcting it. Whereas monitoring waste daily can allow you to deal with potential issues before they show in the foliage. For example when I first put plants into flower I trans up from a 5 to approximately 15gallon of coco. For the first 2-3 weeks of flower in the new coco I’ll feed heavy at approximately 1.8-2.0 ec and my runoff will be about 1.4-1.6ec I continue to feed that heavy until I see my runoff equalize or even slightly higher then I start to back off. If I wait until I see some tip burning or other signs of overfeeding then check my runoff it will usually be up around 3-4.0ec and ph will be low 5-5.5ish. Conversely if I had never checked runoff and assumed a low feed schedule my plants would show a myriad of issues so I would increase feed slowly trying to get them back on track but would likely be too late to fix them with the way I push my plants metabolism with high light,temp,humidity,co2. I feel those 4 things light intensity,temp,humidity,co2 also play a massive role in determining fertilization requirements,followed by genetics. And contrary to what some might say I definitely find certain strains require a lot more calcium than others. Just my two cents. Not tryin to step on any toes in here:eyepiece:

bicky studs

bicky studs

u owe nothing m8.
get it sussed, grow sum dank and help others in the future:D

im not quite sure witch part ur struggling with...
if its the multi feeds and ec stacking...

for eg. if i feed say 1/2gal 0.5ec solution 5 times in 1 light period.
this will not make ur coco climb in ec..... it doesnt stack. it should keep ur coco close to ec of ur solution.... 0.5 +-100ppm.

so say ur later in flower... running ec 0.7ec 5 times..... coco should be close .7....etc

so as long as you have enough runoff ur multi feeds are not raising ec.... moreso keeping it closer to what u put in...

but we are not measuring untill we have this problem under control......
i didnt measure my runoff once last run... i wont next run either unless something unknown is fkn me.

the coco ec. will fluctuate with enviroment...temps....humidity.etc
time of day....growth phase...and much more. thats why you dont strengthen/weaken nutes from 1 or 2 readings. ur plants wont be happy with 0.5ec 1 day and need 0.8 the next... slow n small steps adjusting your nute strength as you progress...

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

u owe nothing m8.
get it sussed, grow sum dank and help others in the future:D

im not quite sure witch part ur struggling with...
if its the multi feeds and ec stacking...

for eg. if i feed say 1/2gal 0.5ec solution 5 times in 1 light period.
this will not make ur coco climb in ec..... it doesnt stack. it should keep ur coco close to ec of ur solution.... 0.5 +-100ppm.

so say ur later in flower... running ec 0.7ec 5 times..... coco should be close .7....etc

so as long as you have enough runoff ur multi feeds are not raising ec.... moreso keeping it closer to what u put in...

but we are not measuring untill we have this problem under control......
i didnt measure my runoff once last run... i wont next run either unless something unknown is fkn me.

the coco ec. will fluctuate with enviroment...temps....humidity.etc
time of day....growth phase...and much more. thats why you dont strengthen/weaken nutes from 1 or 2 readings. ur plants wont be happy with 0.5ec 1 day and need 0.8 the next... slow n small steps adjusting your nute strength as you progress...
pfffff...

you know where i was struggling? fucking stupid. i was just running full strength 6/9 from the transplant. not backing off at all

like i would have in the past. but in the past i would full feed and wait acouple days then full feed coulpe days and feed.

now feeding everyday full strength.... fucking stupid... of course the ec was out of control

so if my brain is working correctly...

i am making a new rez right now

im doing 10 gallons.

2 gallons of tap water at .2 ec to help raise ph
6 gallons of ro water at 0

will mix my 6/9 to 8 gallons of water

should be 1.1 ec

them add like 2 gallons to bring it down to like .7ish using my ec meter as i fill to see when to stop. let sit. check ph before i feed

is that right?

Farmer P

Farmer P

I never check runoff for ph or ppm. I also do more runoff than 10 to 15 percent. I'm more like 20 to 30 and even 50 sometimes. Out with the old and in with the new. My buds may suffer in size because of that I don't know. My methods are still evolving, but what I can say is my plants pretty much always look healthy! Just a thought.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I never check runoff for ph or ppm. I also do more runoff than 10 to 15 percent. I'm more like 20 to 30 and even 50 sometimes. Out with the old and in with the new. My buds may suffer in size because of that I don't know. My methods are still evolving, but what I can say is my plants pretty much always look healthy! Just a thought.

Just a little clarification. I water once a day and mix by hand daily right now. Indoor I usually run a res but I may not do that next time. I also use cns17 bloom one part. The reason my runoff size fluctuates is not because of me putting in different amounts I feed the same amount every time. It is because the plants use less sometimes, especially if the weather is cold. (one half gallon per plant per day) Outdoor I've been having to add extra using a hempy style res under the plant because it would dry out and die by the time I got home from work. (I'm gonna use a little bigger pot outdoor from now on like 1.5 gallon instead of the .7 or so I use now.) I use a layer of hydroton in the bottom instead of the perlite. But I don't let the runoff fill the tray, I dump (on my tomatoes or trees etc.) that and put in fresh.

bicky studs

bicky studs

pfffff...

you know where i was struggling? fucking stupid. i was just running full strength 6/9 from the transplant. not backing off at all

like i would have in the past. but in the past i would full feed and wait acouple days then full feed coulpe days and feed.

now feeding everyday full strength.... fucking stupid... of course the ec was out of control

so if my brain is working correctly...

i am making a new rez right now

im doing 10 gallons.

2 gallons of tap water at .2 ec to help raise ph
6 gallons of ro water at 0

will mix my 6/9 to 8 gallons of water

should be 1.1 ec

them add like 2 gallons to bring it down to like .7ish using my ec meter as i fill to see when to stop. let sit. check ph before i feed

is that right?

i dont get why u cant mix straight to .7...?
im guessing u have a two part nute and need to mix ratio....
a-6parts and b9parts...... the amount of water determins the strength...

this is what i meant by knowing wat each nute part does to ur ph/ec....

do a lil test. then scale up.

1 gal ro...or ro tap mix... what ever u decide.
how much does 6ml .../...9ml effect ur ph and ec.....

eg.
1gal ro....ph 6.4 ec0
+ 6ml a.....ph 6 ppm 240
+ 9ml b.....ph 5.6 ppm 420

meaning 6ml of a, drops ur ph by .4 and raises by 240ppm per gal....
9 ml of b, drops ph .4 and raises by 180ppm.

do the test write it down. this is your key!
know you know exactly how much ur nutes raise your ppm . do the math n try hit ur mark.

in the eg. 2ml of a and 3ml of b raise ppm of 1 gal by 140ppm
perfect now u can set it to what ever u want.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

yup... bicky studs thats what i wasnt getting. how to mix my feed. i was just going balls to the wall

its just micro at 6 and bloom at 9 ml per gallon

in my head to keep the ratio i just add water to the rez to weaken were i want from 100 percent full strength

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

yup... bicky studs thats what i wasnt getting. how to mix my feed. i was just going balls to the wall

its just micro at 6 and bloom at 9 ml per gallon

in my head to keep the ratio i just add water to the rez to weaken were i want from 100 percent full strength
and.....

im getting my first new growth this morning!!

while i was working i was thinking keeping this going like a journal. then u guys can hold my hand abit. from fuck up to harvest and maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes

Top Bottom