Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Beautiful flicks true grit.. !! I won't be topping mines next time. Even though I got some nice sized nuggs I know if I would of left untopped they would of swollen up a bit more..

You doing organic soil right tg?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Man if I could only find a good soil I'd try a few soil grown GSC.. But I'm 2 scared of bugs.. I like my coco b'cuz after I find a clean batch of bug free coco I can juss use it over & over.. But I sure would love 2 try some organic cookies..

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Beautiful flicks true grit.. !! I won't be topping mines next time. Even though I got some nice sized nuggs I know if I would of left untopped they would of swollen up a bit more..

Hey eser im finding that no matter how many tops you create they are all the same size. Id like the think that a main cola plant would be diff but i am inclined to think otherwise

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If I was 2 hit the new soil with spectracide, bayer, & Merit 75 b4 I use it would I b
Messing up anything in the soil? I dose any new coco juss like that 2 kill any unwanted pests.. Can I do the same with the soil?

After I kill anything in the coco I start hitting the coco hard with caps bennies every week till flush..

I'm guessing this wont work good with soil? Or would it?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I wouldnt do this and remember this isnt actually soil bc soil is equal parts sand, clay and silt. Really not that different of approach you may be slightly overthinking goo but you are a safe man thats for sure. Also can experiment with peat coco mixes. which imo are best of both worlds.

MW

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

shit i must add growstones and soil are like bread and butter. I provide shit tons of aeration for my plants making them feed more and more growth. Sativas want an even looser mix.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I put my soil into a trash can and let it breathe. I add bennies and mix it in and let it work for at least a week. This has cut down on the gnats. I dont get aphids with any of the roots, bg or perlite(knock on wood)

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ive heard doing this to soil is counter productive due to mycos only coming out of stasis with roots at play. I need to research more because I always do this as well seems just smart just dont want to waste materials if need be. I also must note I re use most of my soils and peat with just a cannazyme flush 2 x strength to break up roots. Just remove root ball prior. worms like these too.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Gritttttssss for the win....organic for the win....and cough cough...........

um what did I tell you about top top top bend bend bend.....solid nuckle on the stem in that one shot. Hope to do this well this next round.

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Lol you can't say nothing bout top top bend bend fool cus you didn't try it your self.. Lol jk ..
Your shooting your self in the foot bro...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I wouldnt do this and remember this isnt actually soil bc soil is equal parts sand, clay and silt. Really not that different of approach you may be slightly overthinking goo but you are a safe man thats for sure. Also can experiment with peat coco mixes. which imo are best of both worlds.

MW
Yes I am super paranoid about bugs.. I used 2 grow in soil 4 many years but the last few years I've noticed the soil quality has gone 2 shit.. I've gotten a grip of different bugs in my soil crazy shit 2 like a giant big ass centipede 2 a grip of gnats & a gang of other things..I live in the center of Cali where we grow everything known 2 man so I'm surrounded by bugs & either they come in the soil or coco or they hitch a ride b4 they get here or maybe even there local bugs that get inside the bags at the dro sto.. I don't know but I've seen it all & I'm super afraid of Root aphids so now I don't play any games I go all out & attack any new soil or coco like its infected ..

That's the whole reason I switched from soil 2 coco b'cuz I thought coco was a tiny bit cleaner but I was wrong bugs r everywhere.. But I'm really liking this coco I can pull more weight with very very Lil smell & taste loss..

true grit

true grit

Thanks everybody, pretty pleased with the first go around for sure. Ready to smoke it for damn sure.

Yup straight organics and soil. loving the ease and loving the smell. Ehh i think its more a height thing to the light than how many tops. My top size was directly related to light spacing imo. next round i will be adding another 10-12 tops per plant.

Man if I could only find a good soil I'd try a few soil grown GSC.. But I'm 2 scared of bugs.. I like my coco b'cuz after I find a clean batch of bug free coco I can juss use it over & over.. But I sure would love 2 try some organic cookies..

Dont be scurred!!! Unless you don't even bother to look at your soil before using it i doubt you'd have any problems. I only buy soil from a place that stores inside and i double check the soil before use. I think people were trippin almost every pest comes from outside not the new medium unless your supplier is sloppy. the plan to fry it first is just overkill, you should be able to see bugs in your stuff if they are there first.

Gritttttssss for the win....organic for the win....and cough cough...........

um what did I tell you about top top top bend bend bend.....solid nuckle on the stem in that one shot. Hope to do this well this next round.

Yup came out solid. didn't go that route ya suggested early, instead i just topped well before flip instead of at/after flip and then just pinched like i always do to keep height in check. act like i dont always super crop, some new shit or somethin- nigga please! lol. all seemed to work well but hopefully the shorter vegged plants for next round will just shoot up to the height im looking for. im thinkin i should be able to hit solid weight on next light if i veg appropriately.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

only time I had root aphids was in rockwool fwiw

don't live in fear goo, ;) be a kid and play in the dirt again!
I second that and baba is def right about black gold. Shit is solid and consistent as it gets. Nothing like dirt under every nail and the smell is so good. You can tell a real junkie when they nerd out to soil mixes and textures haha. Super soil variety smells so killer.

Top Bottom