• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
shemshemet

shemshemet

@Calixylon

Even if it were the same grower, same clone, same soil mix, etc. There are still too many variables to say the correlation of the differences was purely between the location of the plants.

You'd have to get very very exact constants. (temp, humidity, etc.)

Then you'd still be assuming that the conditions were optimal for plants being grown in both locations. (ex: 75 degree temperature is optimal for both indoor lighting and GH lighting or X lbs of N is needed under both the sun and artificial lights.

You see there are more differences between each individual grow than there are differences between general indoor growing and general GH growing

epitome

epitome

@Calixylon

Even if it were the same grower, same clone, same soil mix, etc. There are still too many variables to say the correlation of the differences was purely between the location of the plants.

You'd have to get very very exact constants. (temp, humidity, etc.)

Then you'd still be assuming that the conditions were optimal for plants being grown in both locations. (ex: 75 degree temperature is optimal for both indoor lighting and GH lighting or X lbs of N is needed under both the sun and artificial lights.

You see there are more differences between each individual grow than there are differences between general indoor growing and general GH growing
Way to nuke it out. Reminds me of a plant I once named Nuclear Haze. @shemshemet have you picked up any particular common Fx coming from Gh grown clone vs indoor grown clone? Great potential is this thread!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You can't compare indoor bubba to outdoor bubba.

The only way to compare IMO would be to take the best of the best of outdoors, and compare it to the best of indoors. That may be GSC indoors, and Chem outdoors. What you will find IMO, is when grown with the utmost care, it comes down to preference. The best of the best is just that, the best. Doesn't matter if grown indoors, outdoors, greenhouse, chemicals, organic, veganic, water only, butt sweat only, ext. If the plant is provided with the proper amounts of light, fertilizer, temps, humidity, and can be grown bug and fungi free, then the product will be of the highest quality.

I have seen some full season, outdoor only herb that blew my socks off. I wrote about it last year or maybe the year before. It really humbled me. Some of the best herb I have ever smoked period, headband.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

If I had the chem 4 or a good OG Kush clone grown with the exact same temperatures and humidity with the same soil and both trimmed very well, one clone in a greenhouse and one in an indoor setup which do you think would have a better chance of winning a cannabis cup? I'm mostly talking about appearance, not necessarily overall quality.

Can properly grown greenhouse have that nice swollen look? I would love for that to be the case but am not fully convinced yet. (not my pics)

Swollen:
Florida cannabis brokers og kush6
Og kush indica 429l

Not Swollen

Og kush1 1024x768

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea im sorry guy, but no light dep or greenhouse bud will ever look as good as indoor. It might smoke as great, taste as great, and test as high, if not hihger from thc a, but that being said, Indoor will 100% hands down always be frostier, and prettier, also the amount of leaf is much more controlled indoors, allowing you to prune more and force the buds to lollipop. Im bowing out for now, becasue its just a back and forth argument, but once all these GH people who grow buds that look the same as indoors start posting pics ill chime in

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Im bowing out for now, becasue its just a back and forth argument, but once all these GH people who grow buds that look the same as indoors start posting pics ill chime in

The post before yours, I did post a picture of light dep buds. What did you think? Have you seen good light dep buds before @Calixylon in person? Go ahead and be honest, my feelings wont get hurt.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

BTW - the people that are saying outdoor has too many leaves, that is because most outdoor growers concentrate on veg growth and load up the plants with N. A proper grown outdoor plant doesn't have a higher leaf to bud ratio, IMO.

lino

lino

test data reveals
Cornteste

Brix data readings is almost as abundant indoors in perfect conditions. In human and animal taste tests but no absolute were defined.

Corntesto

Outdoor test reveal higher brix meter than indoor Sometimes and human and animal favored outdoor grows in some case study.

Corntestm

Tobacco, peas and corn grown in GH with artificial lighting outperformed other environments in almost every test.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have seen you around for a while @lino, but over the last month I have really seen how smart and professional you are. I hope to learn from you in the future, thanks for sharing.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

LOL. True. I guess I signed up quick because it only makes sense that the best way to grow is in a climate controlled GH with lighting. I can tell you my product comes out better than almost everything I see at clubs, and that is in a normal greenhouse with no lighting. I can only imagine what a proper greenhouse set up will produce.

lino

lino

LOL. True. I guess I signed up quick because it only makes sense that the best way to grow is in a climate controlled GH with lighting. I can tell you my product comes out better than almost everything I see at clubs, and that is in a normal greenhouse with no lighting. I can only imagine what a proper greenhouse set up will produce.
You're dialed in and its hard to beat perfection no matter what you use...

shemshemet

shemshemet

If looks are what is making the indoors stand out.......what gives?

I'd rather have a tastier apple than a perfect looking apple.
Or wild raspberries over store bought....

May not look as pretty, but I bet the secondary metabolites are rocking in greenhouse.

I really don't know though, would need lots of samples. I'd be a great judge though! :cigar:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Outdoor is really where it's at IMO...
Mother nature kicks ass over any controlled environment greenhouse and indoor....IMO..........
The intense sun, wind, rain, I put plants outside 2 to 3 feet tall and the get their asses kicked the first couple of weeks then bang zoom off they grow. This year my soil mix was a little strong IMO, plants no liked, remixed, even with the strong spring winds they rebounded and are kicking ass
We get pretty strong winds all summer, hot and dry, IMO, mind you I am just the Chickenman, full of MANure, but in my experience the natural weather harsh as it may be makes them hearty.....
Getting perfect out right now, a little rain to rinse them off every few days, cooler days and cooler nights, gentle breezes, grass hoppers dissipating,
Also IMO simplicity is best. Used 4 bags Fox farm in each hole in ground, mix in goat/chicken manure top dress, Molasses are awesome in water PH to 5.5 with Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, The Mother, maybe a good feed of Old age bloom couple weeks before harvest, let it rip.
As long as I am happy and my friends are happy that's all I need........
No need to fuss to much.... IMO... That is.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom