Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
SoggyBottom

SoggyBottom

I honestly prefer proper light dep/outdoor over indoor. Yes indoor will pretty much always look better but to me there is just something about the plant being outside and under the sun. Indoor is 100% controlled yea but that doesnt mean you cant control a greenhouse the same way. You can tell in the plants they want to be outside. Ever grown OG inside and then out and see how different it grows? This is just my honest opinion and dont get me wrong I looove indoor weed but i had to vote for light dep as I believe it is the best way to grow cannabis

Wildill

Wildill

Here is some indoor gg4 you guys be the judge

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

That looks very nice Bulldog. That could pass as indoor in LA all day. Was that grown in a greenhouse that was sealed and climate controlled?

That was grown in a 12'w, 8't, 50 ft long greenhouse with roll up sides, 12ov for fans, and automatic watering and that's it. Harvest was in June and July, during the best sun of the year. You can control a lot with just a standard greenhouse with roll up sides, but it's nothing like an air conditioned, sealed greenhouse with lighting.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Bull dog those cookies look phenomenol,andi would efinetly smoke them. Im a conniseur, but i also still will smoke almost anything. And those buds i would gladly add to my jar. But i see some of the indoor GSc that are seriously sometimes jaw dropping. And this kind of buds are difficult to recreaate wuth just light dep. keep posting pics i love to be disproven

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Picture of the greenhouse in mention.
Small Greenhouse 6 26 15 GSC SG 6 26 15 5

I am already looking into a new killer greenhouse. I am going to drop a new service main, and build a fully automated, cooled, lighted, and auto dep. Might cost 50K, but this is the wave of the future. Not sure if I will stick to the 50' long, or bump it up to 200' long.

Calixylon

Calixylon

all those wind, rain, natural outdoor climate takes the plants energy to strengthening its stems, and other survival skills. This knocks of trichomes and what not. Im sorry but seriously comparing a banging indoor to a light dep greenhouse is absurd. Theres a reason only one person posted a pick of the light dep greenhouse, because its never as crystally and pristine as indoor.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So it couldn't be because not as many people are doing light deps as indoor? Light depping is *hard* hard work (or terribly expensive, like the Forever Flowering gig), it's why I don't have a light dep setup.

Right now I'm landing with @chickenman -- it's not all about looks. Do it get you high?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

So @Calixylon, what is the reason for indoor being superior? Less dirt in the air, less stress on the plants? Whatever the reason you come up with, explain why that wouldn't work in a sealed greenhouse. BTW, not attacking at all. Thanks for the civil conversation.

DrFever

DrFever

all those wind, rain, natural outdoor climate takes the plants energy to strengthening its stems, and other survival skills. This knocks of trichomes and what not. Im sorry but seriously comparing a banging indoor to a light dep greenhouse is absurd. Theres a reason only one person posted a pick of the light dep greenhouse, because its never as crystally and pristine as indoor.
I will remember that next time , when making hash no need for ice ... I will just be beat the hell out of plants should knock most of the tricomes off ya think ??? Seriously
nothing beats mother nature when it comes to growing,,,, the weed your growing came naturally from out door we are not saying you cannot get quality out of indoor ,, the question is,,,,, Can green houses be classified as indoor ??? and in a sense it is cause its covered for one ,, most green houses are powered mine are includes heat ,, circulation on both ends shutters , and temp controller, alarms etc etc its a green house but grown in natural sun .. HOUSE GREEN lol got doors on both ends its enclosed

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Ok so here is my opinion, depending on the strain, the months it flowers and whether or not it's in a greenhouse many strains grown in a light dep environment can far exceed quality if indoor. Sour diesel when flowered between June 20-august 31 will come out far skunkiest and way more dense than any indoor I have seen. Jack h flowered in the latter part of July also comes out extremely indoor looking. I concede that indoor can be brighter I have never experienced better herb than light dep, I'll post a pic of j-1 and in a few I'll get some dried shots and let you judge.

DrFever

DrFever

I think the biggest qualifying difference between indoors and GH is the light source.

Biggest, not the only.
No i think there are lots more i mean your plants also are out to the elements i think we all tend to think give plants water nutrients lights , and of course our love hahaha,, but i also think the benifits of green houses or out door has a bigger impact in overall plant performance health and quality.
Now i might get laughed at here or maybe many will agree as indoor growers the number one thing we try ,,is to mimic mother nature, were never there in reality oh sure we get temps in check , ventilation, RH, and of course light schedule but this is so small in the real world of things, everything works in some way together..
I mean how do we not know the moon light effects something ( triggers ) in the plant , Birds chirping , insects etc IMO all this even wind sounds make or do something .. to plants why do you think maybe just maybe most botanic gardens have a running water fall could that sound alone set plants at ease that they know water is near by ??? so don't stress it hahaha just saying folks
you do not get that indoor Its like walking into a botanic green house its a world in its own then walk into a house and look if it can be matched hahaha NEVER NEVER NEVER

Who knows were just beginning to understand how plants actually function may be in 50 years we will be looked at as cavemen growers not understanding the relationship

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The most important thing to keep in mind as legalization approaches is that the mass use of energy is going to bite our industry in the ass, as soon as we get energy consumption numbers from Colorado one of the largest political forces , the environmentalists, will leave our side and we will need to resort to more environmentally sound says of growing. This is not to even mention the economical side of things, minus trimming it costs me $40 to produce a unit. That's nice!

Calixylon

Calixylon

I believe that the energy consumption thing is true, but still i think indoor comes out frostier, and also has a bigger bag appeal, mostly becasue when your growing indoor you often do much more pruning, and lollipopping. The limited amount of outdoor plants ive seen throw way way more foliage. Look at some of the pictures all of over the farm, the pics posted up in here look amazing and i would smoke the shit out of them, but when it comes to straight up coated trhichomes indo wins hands down. @sanvanalona that bud looks fucking amazing, but when compared to some shots of indoor bud, the smaller leaflets have more thrichomes.

Im simply going by bag appeal, my favorite bud i smoked was most likely outdoor or maybe greenhouse, but when it comes to potency and frost its indoor

DrFever

DrFever

you know frostier does not mean its better see many are getting fooled into looks rather then other important factors bag appeal is a selling feature does not necessarily mean its good i know someone that picked 25 pounds of nice bag appeal weed and guess what it was garbage crap , Genetics strain indicates potency proper growing will give you that and i am sorry but when it comes to mother nature growing out door nothing compares i love this out door harvest picture GG4
Gallery 11738 4816 91112

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know, I'm seeing some differing terms being used here, and it's caused me to wonder, what exactly are we trying to qualify and quantify here? Wise Gorilla asked about appearance only. I find myself wondering, why is a particular appearance what we're after? For me, scoping and the amount of shake in the bag are a really good indicator of how the bud has been handled. I know for a fact that proper RH affects trichome loss. When I'm scoping my OD girls, I'm not seeing a bunch of broken trichomes at all. So, is it indoor conditions that let them grow bigger, or what? And I ask because the main differences I see between what I've grown indoors and out are to do with plant vigor and nutrient usage first, bud formation second, trichome formation and retention last.

And I further find myself wondering, just because indoor is more difficult, does that make it better?

Qualify the better vs best statements (like Calyxilon has) and we'll have a more cogent discussion.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
For me it's all good.
I get ripped on Outdoor, indoor, greenhouse, outhouse, as long as it's organically raised, tastes good, I do not have to buy, have a pipe, papers, vape, lighter handy no worries.
everybody thinks there's is the best and I believe we individually form a bond with the plants we grow with the work involved also makes one proud of what we have done......
We should not bitch too much or compare just be grateful we got what we got and be happy...........

Latest posts

Top Bottom