Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
souf69

souf69

My head pictures a big box of glass with your choice of lights,controlled to the bone,just like your indoor but like Godzilla sized greenhouse! Co2 all of the bells I tell ya! How can indoor compare?;that's my argument....

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Lol. Cant anyone be like.... "Its subjective! What might get me high might get you obliterated. What looks good to me, might not look good to you."

I think that if the question is what looks better this will only ever be a comparison of opinions, nothing more.

If the question was: who would win the ultimate cannabis cup. Based on potency, taste, proper formation and look altogether this might start to make a little more sense. Youd have to find the best of the best growers. The pepsi challenge. And even then it would only be opinion. The fact is a lot of you are asking whats the best, and then basing your answer off your prefernce. This is a silly conversation lol. Just saying. Everyone is different. Everyones body reacts different. Youll never know which is truly the better bud. Accept it lol. @Bulldog11 your a boss. And your outdoor looks like the shit. Give folks the pepsi challenge!!!

"Did you like that?"
"Yes, what was it?"
"Greenhouse weed"
":O"

DrFever

DrFever

i sent a pm to a out door grower friend who has had his tested and i think some people are going to shit when its over 30 percent and less carcinogenic traces found and other contaminants such as metals blah blah blah right cause really what it comes down to is test results everyone can think there growing the best weed unless its actually tested who da hell knows but what it comes down to is green house grown weed is just as good if not better then indoor grown in a fake natural environment compared to one that is more in sink many people seem to think green house grown is out of loop well Here is some news many do use Co2 sulfer burners and foilage foggers which in reality kicks ass specially when you got the actual sun pounding the plant with power again nothing touches 100 CRI full spectrum wy do you think the craze is for full spectrum lighting , plasma , CMH etc who knows right oh then again we can get into UV rays which again i think out door will acheive more then any lights could that be a reason why them plants grow into trees :) and pound out the yield i will make sure to post harvest pics and some 2 footer buds :) of course need to cut the down lol but again 7 - 8 pounds from a plant to me means the Sun kicked ass yet again
IMG2541

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mm.. that's right. I can't remember what the study was called, I think it was posted on here a few months ago, but it basically stated, with stats to show how they arrived at the conclusion, that indoor grown bud is much dirtier than outdoor grown bud. I'll have to do some searching, but it was rather surprising to me.
Lol. Cant anyone be like.... "Its subjective! What might get me high might get you obliterated. What looks good to me, might not look good to you."
On that level it's VERY subjective. Nothing gets me high anymore, not even dabs, because I am that well-pickled in THC and other cannabinoids. Also, since the rattler bite I can't pick up a lot of the scents that other growers use as metrics for quality.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

In an article I wrote for Cannabis Now magazine I took a light dep sfv og of mine and had it tested at steep hill labs, I believe it was 23.2 percent thc and extremely high terpene content, when I took the average of indoor sfv tested by harborside and elemental I found the average to be 22.8 percent. So that says something to me.

DrFever

DrFever

Mm.. that's right. I can't remember what the study was called, I think it was posted on here a few months ago, but it basically stated, with stats to show how they arrived at the conclusion, that indoor grown bud is much dirtier than outdoor grown bud. I'll have to do some searching, but it was rather surprising to me.

On that level it's VERY subjective. Nothing gets me high anymore, not even dabs, because I am that well-pickled in THC and other cannabinoids. Also, since the rattler bite I can't pick up a lot of the scents that other growers use as metrics for quality.

With many growers using lung rooms
When it comes to the air inside one’s home or business, some may mistakenly believe that the indoor air quality (IAQ) is cleaner or less polluted than the air that they breathe outdoors. Unfortunately for anyone who spends any significant amount of time indoors, this isn’t true. In fact, indoor air is as much as five times more polluted than the air that’s outside. The air inside of residential and commercial buildings is filled with organic and chemical allergens and pollutants as well as airborne pathogens.
Other airborne problems in the home come from volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. What are VOCs? These are easy-to-evaporate chemicals that are carbon-based. They may or may not have odors and may come from building materials or from personal care products. Human actions such as cooking, smoking, or using wood-burning stoves, for example, can produce VOCs. Examples of VOCs are formaldehyde, xylene, and acetone.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Id like to see where all that data came from, and if you have any proof of those common human household "pollution" affects cannabis at all. I would think that if you maintain a clean garden or tent between grows, keep your fans clean, and use a carbon filter your grow area will be cleaner then your household and also outside. Most people have semi, or fully sealed rooms, so i dont believe that indoor pollution has any affect over quality, or taste.

I do know though that cannabis was used as an enviromental phytoremediation in extremely toxic enviroments, such as chernobyl, why becasue it pulls in anything nasty from the soil and surronding earth. Those plants are then turned into biofuel, seems shady if its full of radioactive heavy metals, but if your plant is in the natural soil or ground, or any of its roots are in native soil, whatever is in that ground is gonna be in your plant. And if your smoking that you wanna know exactly whats in your soil mix. And most indoor has a much more controlled growing medium. So the claim its dirtier inside seems like a huge stretch, have you been outside after the trees dump there pollen? I sometimes can write my name on my car

http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/botany/botany_map/articles/article_10.html

F

FooDoo

Just found a seed in my second to last hit of sfv. Lol. Super lucky. Gonna drop it into some coco. Maybe if it turns out close to the clone only, I can compare indoor vs gh of same strain (kinda)

DrFever

DrFever

Just found a seed in my second to last hit of sfv. Lol. Super lucky. Gonna drop it into some coco. Maybe if it turns out close to the clone only, I can compare indoor vs gh of same strain (kinda)
drop it in soil make sure she takes :)

But i always wondered like this thread and not trying to sway it away but like saying indoor organic growing is the same or better then out door grown organic
which i think is not the same thing
indoor one must remember its FAKE out door condition's or least we try to mimic out door
But in organics insects rodents bees ,birds shit even flys or what have you play some role in organics where indoor we tend to try to keep it sterile
there fore
Its far from the same and you really cannot compare to two although indoor medium is based on organic compounds
we have altered in some way the carbon cycle or removed a important part
Its true everything man gets his hands on he FUCKS UP or eventually wrecks it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Id like to see where all that data came from
There was a study done, I think it came out this year or last, that compared overall cleanliness IIRC of indoor to outdoor and outdoor came out on top by a rather large margin. I'm trying to find it, but at the same time I'm keeping track of the fire and I haven't been able to find it. I'm drawing a blank on the title but I thought it was posted here. Maybe by... @jumpincactus ??

DrFever

DrFever

seamaiden would be a cool read imagine for a minute when you are washing your hands you grab that soap or liquid believe it or not what really gets the dirt off your hands ?? i know its the caustic / acid they add into the recipe when making soap a friend makes soap cleaning detergents and i saw him make it amazing the class 8 Dangerous goods used in making every day products that we use , and can easily transfer over to plants as we touch them
who ever herd Seabreeze is bad for animals ???
from sitting on the couch to dry wall to who knows whats in your floors glues polyurethane etc
And DUST i mean i have a pretty dialed in grow room with all the bells n whistles from fresh air in to c02 yet i treat room like a lab constantly cleaning but no matter what every time i finish my grow top of reflectors are dirty from dust etc how can that be lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sodium hydroxide? Or potassium hydroxide? We make our own soap, so depending on the type we use either sodium or potassium hydroxide. And I do wash my hands a lot, so...

F

FooDoo

Reading comprehension stoners.

It took me a whole *2 seconds* to Google "indoor air quality vs outdoor air quality" and here was the first hit back

http://draxe.com/indoor-air-pollution-worse-than-outdoor/

A basic person will just read the title and then try and skew that information in anyway possible to benefit their own point of view.

A more intelligent person will actually read the article to see what makes indoor air so polluted.

The main points of the study that determines poor air quality was cleaning agents, vocs, and co2.

All those things were tested and evaluated because they are harmful to human beings, and the study had absolutely nothing to do with indoor air quality and how it effects plant matter.

Here's a main point " Inadequate ventilation is a primary cause of indoor air pollution and is why pollutants rise in homes during the winter." So if its summer time and you ALWAYS have the windows open, you are not going to be in the same results group for air quality

Also, they tested normal households, they didn't test grow rooms that run carbon scrubbers and hepa filters to clean and filter the air.

They also said air was polluted because the oven emits co2. Well, we know co2 is beneficial to plants yet harmful to us. So whats considered bad for indoor air is actually something good for grow room air.

Please ladies and gentlemen, put down the pipe now and again and turn your brains back on

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
There was a study done, I think it came out this year or last, that compared overall cleanliness IIRC of indoor to outdoor and outdoor came out on top by a rather large margin. I'm trying to find it, but at the same time I'm keeping track of the fire and I haven't been able to find it. I'm drawing a blank on the title but I thought it was posted here. Maybe by... @jumpincactus ??
No, Not I said me........ :cool:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is one opinion on comparing outdoor to indoor cultivation of our fav gals......

Not sure its what @Seamaiden was attempting to recollect. ............ On a side bar, I cant wait till someone engineers the cannabis genome to do away with STML short term memory loss. It confounds the fukk outta me. Couple that with getting old age and its double trouble!!!!

CULTIVATION, TIPS & BEST PRACTICES18
Outdoor vs. Indoor: Dispelling the Myth That Indoor is Better

Whether you’re a cannabis consumer, grower, buyer or seller, you know different growing methods effect the price and value of cannabis. It’s quite sad to me that a majority of cannabis consumers and buyers are largely ignorant of the fact that outdoor ganja is as good and sometimes far superior to any indoor cannabis you will ever consume.

I myself used to be a die hard advocate of indoor cannabis. As a buyer and a smoker, I thought that indoor was God. Then I went to work on an outdoor cannabis farm for three years. I now can tell you that I absolutely refuse to smoke indoor unless it is offered in a social setting and I am being polite, or if I’m judging a cannabis competition that includes indoor strains.

There is nothing in the world like real high grade outdoor organic cannabis grown under the sun in Northern California. If you think about tomatoes, which would you prefer to eat? A homegrown tomato from my garden, grown organically under the sun? Or a hothouse tomato grown in a greenhouse? Which has more flavor? Which tastes more authentically like a Real Tomato? I think we all know the answer to this one folks. You want my homegrown garden tomatoes.

Apply this same logic to cannabis and you will come to the conclusion that maybe you should try some high grade Outdoor Cannabis. You just might like it. Actually you might love it. In fact, you might never go back to indoor again.

Terroir is the set of special characteristics that the geography, geology and climate of a certain place, interacting with plant genetics. Via Wikipedia.

For me, when I smoke Ins (industry lingo for indoor herb), all I taste is chemicals. People are failing to understand the concept that cannabis, like wine, is rooted in Terroire. Ask any true cannabis connoisseur and they will tell you it’s true. Outdoor ganja when done right kicks the ass of indoor up and down the I-5 corridor.

A ganja plant grown in the soil of a specific region, surrounded by other plants, steeped in moonlight and the subtle air currents of Nature and under the light of the actual Sun grows differently than a plant grown in a sterile environment under lights, with no insects or birds or worms or moonlight. This kind of environment elicits a different end result that is consistent, but lacking in subtle unique ways that are essential to an exquisite end product.

What Indoor Growing Is and Isn’t Good For

Why does everyone think that indoor is the shit? When cannabis was highly illegal, it was extremely difficult to experiment with breeding outdoors when farming was done guerrilla style to hide from law enforcement. The weed nerds were forced indoors and that is where they started geeking out on genetics. A controlled indoor environment is the way to go when creating new strains. Once a strain has been created, however, it should be let loose in the real outdoor environment where phenotypes will be affected by Terroire creating amazing terpenes and complex ratios of all the different cannabinoids.

I believe that great cannabis can be achieved in any environment but that some are more conducive to giving the ganja that something extra that makes it special and stand out amongst the rest. I’m so tired of seeing people charge so much more money for indoor or refuse to pay above a certain price if it’s outdoor. Come on, peeps, there’s more to it than that. How does it smell? How does it taste? How does the high make you feel?

I have seen, smelled, tasted and smoked some of the best herb in the world. Ins, Outs, Deps, Greens. I can honestly say I would rather smoke outdoor organic cannabis than any other ganja on the planet.

That said, outdoor growers, if you want your product to be treated as equal to or greater than the other types of weed on the market, then start trimming that shit like it was Indoor. Consumers like a beautiful product. They wanna show off this killer herb to their friends. When it looks all shaggy, it isn’t as impressive. If outdoor growers trimmed their Outs like Ins, they would easily command higher prices and brisker sales for their product.

Moral of the Story: When buying cannabis the key question to ask is not “Is this outdoor or indoor?” The questions you should be asking are: Is this organic? How does it smell? How does it look? How does it taste? Did I enjoy the effects? These are the questions that matter.

At the end of the day, if it looks great, smells great, tastes great and got you high as f*ck, then shouldn’t you be stoked that it also cost you less money, had less of an environmental impact and used up less resources to produce? Yes! You should be stoked! So get out there and try some high grade outdoor organic cannabis from Northern California!

http://www.theganjier.com/2015/03/06/outdoor-vs-indoor-dispelling-the-myth-that-indoor-is-better/

Last edited:
DrFever

DrFever

What a dumb thing to say.

It's like me saying "outdoor tastes like neem oil, ewc tea, dead spider mites corpses"

I'd expect everyone to call me an idiot for saying something like that even tho im against outdoor
no like this makes sense lol like outdoor tastes like neem oil or dead spidermites ???? actually when a out door plant is in sinc with nature there is absolutely no worries about insects or the use of neem 99.9 percent of the time when a person has mite or insect issues he got it either from his grow room , or purcahsed clones :) thems are facts oh i better go take a pic of my girl out door

Latest posts

Top Bottom