Grow diary featuring my irrational obsession with Hawaiian strains

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Back in the day 80s my brother in law and 2 of his friends were sitting at the table so stoned they could hardley talk, he pointed to the ashtray and there was a little less than half a jay, i lit up took 2 hits was about to take a 3rd and my arm got stuck halfway to my mouth ha ha, turned out it was Kona Gold my sister had grew as she lives in the islands, she used to ship it to us 3rd class mail, it was the top 3 strains i smoked till i quit in 99 in 2011 i started up again , Dr's orders, i wonder if i would still consider this a high test strain? As if im not mistaken kona gold is under 20% thc. But would still luv to get my hands on some, legendary smoke.

TerriR

TerriR

Back in the day 80s my brother in law and 2 of his friends were sitting at the table so stoned they could hardley talk, he pointed to the ashtray and there was a little less than half a jay, i lit up took 2 hits was about to take a 3rd and my arm got stuck halfway to my mouth ha ha, turned out it was Kona Gold my sister had grew as she lives in the islands, she used to ship it to us 3rd class mail, it was the top 3 strains i smoked till i quit in 99 in 2011 i started up again , Dr's orders, i wonder if i would still consider this a high test strain? As if im not mistaken kona gold is under 20% thc. But would still luv to get my hands on some, legendary smoke.
that’s awesome!!! love those stories! you know...I am slowly coming around to the idea that it’s not just high thc that makes it good...thinking maybe different terpenes and levels thereof might be a factor. all the old school stuff was much lower thc but my eyes used to get so bloodshot and the high was different. PS Pua Mana O’hana seedbank has Kona Gold...you can get it! 🤙

Srenots

Srenots

that’s awesome!!! love those stories! you know...I am slowly coming around to the idea that it’s not just high thc that makes it good...thinking maybe different terpenes and levels thereof might be a factor. all the old school stuff was much lower thc but my eyes used to get so bloodshot and the high was different. PS Pua Mana O’hana seedbank has Kona Gold...you can get it! 🤙
thanks for the link ~good info

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I don't know, it seems like some of the strains are so standerized, white widow is white widow, yes when i quit smoking in 99 the very best weed we could get was abot 15% , when i started up again a few strains top 30% , yea they knock you on your ass, one of 2 things is happening here, 1 we are looking back in time with nostalgia or 2 things changed radicley, i told new bees if you never had the pleasure of smokeing real columbian gold, panama red, lambs bread, kona gold, real hash, morrocon, Lebanese, Nepalese, you simply missed out, to there detriment, i may bee an old hippie, but i was there.

TerriR

TerriR

I don't know, it seems like some of the strains are so standerized, white widow is white widow, yes when i quit smoking in 99 the very best weed we could get was abot 15% , when i started up again a few strains top 30% , yea they knock you on your ass, one of 2 things is happening here, 1 we are looking back in time with nostalgia or 2 things changed radicley, i told new bees if you never had the pleasure of smokeing real columbian gold, panama red, lambs bread, kona gold, real hash, morrocon, Lebanese, Nepalese, you simply missed out, to there detriment, i may bee an old hippie, but i was there.
I think both things are happening. I’ve had Thai stick in the Philippines, maui wowie in HI, Turkish hash in Greece...long time ago and yes, it was excellent...but now I don’t have to worry about going to prison so I am happy with now! 😬

Srenots

Srenots

I think both things are happening. I’ve had Thai stick in the Philippines, maui wowie in HI, Turkish hash in Greece...long time ago and yes, it was excellent...but now I don’t have to worry about going to prison so I am happy with now! 😬
I dig, but hey TerriR, are these genetics legit from the Pua Mana O’hana seedbank ? have they been around a long time? any info you have would be great, Thanks

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

As was I, and imo you are exactly right and that was very well said, things have indeed changed radically. And unfortunately as you and I both know not for the better.

And yes if they didn't smoke it then they will never know, and they most likely won't believe it; and when yet another generation comes and goes the real power strains of the 70's such as you've described above will sadly only be folklore.

TerriR

TerriR

I dig, but hey TerriR, are these genetics legit from the Pua Mana O’hana seedbank ? have they been around a long time? any info you have would be great, Thanks
I believe that the environment has a lot to do with how good it is...volcanic soil, lotta rainwater, tropical sun...hard to reproduce all that at home and I don’t see where they say it is the original strain but it could be very close. They are giving double order if you reserve now...just noticed that...that’s the deal I’ve been looking for!

TerriR

TerriR

I believe that the environment has a lot to do with how good it is...volcanic soil, lotta rainwater, tropical sun...hard to reproduce all that at home and I don’t see where they say it is the original strain but it could be very close. They are giving double order if you reserve now...just noticed that...that’s the deal I’ve been looking for!
Hawaiian strains also have thcv which is new to me but seems like a good thing to have...want links?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I used to grow hydroponically in lava rock? I'm not sure if that would add anything to the Hawaiian strains, or if it's even still around, all I see these days is leka, but yep

Srenots

Srenots

have you ordered from them before? and how was your experience with them as far as product and delivery? have they been around a long time? all this info is needed with some of us folks.....

Srenots

Srenots

some of my friends highly doubt that this company is legit....any info you have would be good to know with your experiences .....

TerriR

TerriR

I got these but haven’t grown them yet...sale was in August. Also got some from Professor Potgrower at BIG (the ones I am growing now). They def come from HI but cannot say if they are good or authentic...all I know is I got them and that is success for now 😁. I am documenting my grow here and will be sure to do a smoke report! I can say that the Ethos Apex I grew outdoors this year is 🔥...I can barely handle it.

6E0E7BCB B584 4C7C 8FF4 AFE865845657
Srenots

Srenots

I got these but haven’t grown them yet...sale was in August. Also got some from Professor Potgrower at BIG (the ones I am growing now). They def come from HI but cannot say if they are good or authentic...all I know is I got them and that is success for now 😁. I am documenting my grow here and will be sure to do a smoke report! I can say that the Ethos Apex I grew outdoors this year is 🔥...I can barely handle it.
do you know how long they have been around?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All I know is too high thc ruins whatever made the old highs more fun. I liked about 18%-24% max and at the high end the uplifting part starts to become more couchlocky.

The columbian we used to get and the maui too were likely 7% thc. So what really gets us high?. (Not stoned)

Top Bottom