Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

DD
a 2 part question about the ultrasonic fogger you mentioned earlier before I order parts. would the added moisture from the fogger damage my carbon scrubber? I read moisture is carbons #1 enemy. and would adding blocks of ice to the res help in cooling the room along side the ac?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yes moisture will affect a carbon filter for sure,not sure at exactly what humidity it would have to be to do it.Adding ice to res is a waste of time and if you water your plants with ice cold water you will shock them,i think around 60-75 is where you want to be.

blazer

blazer

DD
a 2 part question about the ultrasonic fogger you mentioned earlier before I order parts. would the added moisture from the fogger damage my carbon scrubber? I read moisture is carbons #1 enemy. and would adding blocks of ice to the res help in cooling the room along side the ac?
Have read anything above 50% they'll start retaining moisture Instead of odors

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

this was in reply to what DD and I have been discussing trying to get my vpd up just a tad with an ultrasonic fogger. the ice thought was to have the fogger expel cooler air than ambient water temp in the room, thus helping the room stay 1-2* cooler with the addition of a new 14k btu ac unit.

im at 54% lights off and 45% lights on. this reading is at week 8 in flower under 3x600hps (big kahuna hoods) with canopy temps at 77* under all 3 hoods 16" away from bulb and 73* floor temps, 75-77* exhaust temps.

my 45gal water holding tank is 73.4* per my hm ph meter

DapperDon

DapperDon

The whole "adding ice" method doesn't really work that well. As far as running the fogger, you will want to take some time when you first turn it on so that you can watch how long it takes to reach whatever %RH you need to get your VPD where you want it. When you find out how long it takes to get to that % point, then turn it off and calculate how long it takes until it starts dropping. When you get those two figures, then get a timer to turn it on and off at those time periods so it isn't constantly running. As far as the filters go, as long as you aren't going over 70% you are good. But you will need to swap them out/recharge the carbon more frequently. I toss mine after 3 runs anyway just to be safe.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have a 2.5 gal ultrasonic mister/humidifier we bought for our kid a yr ago and never used it. ill give that a shot tonight when I go back to my shop. might as well, its just collecting dust. then ill order the fogger and build a unit for it and get ready for the next cycle.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a 2.5 gal ultrasonic mister/humidifier we bought for our kid a yr ago and never used it. ill give that a shot tonight when I go back to my shop. might as well, its just collecting dust. then ill order the fogger and build a unit for it and get ready for the next cycle.

Lasko makes some decent inexpensive humidifiers but ultrasonics are the way to go. I could maintain 55-60% humidity in a 20x30 veg room with 4 Lasko 1128 humidifers. I think they are under $100 ea.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Lasko makes some decent inexpensive humidifiers but ultrasonics are the way to go. I could maintain 55-60% humidity in a 20x30 veg room with 4 Lasko 1128 humidifers. I think they are under $100 ea.
Damn dude thats pretty good in that size of room,might have to try one of those in the new little veg room im working on.

G

Growops

hi blazer And CJ thanks again. I have called them back since to ask more questions . they said the 1ton unit does not require pump down . But their 2ton and above would need a pump down ? also I was told to close the valves on the unit most of the gas will stay in the compressor , as well the fittings on this line set are designed to hold in the charge making it PLUG N PLAY (which they kept saying lol ) 99%of the time its okay to disconnect the unit to move. I understand mini split should be installed for its life time . I only need to move line set back 10ft nd move handler to the room :( I have no gauges. still un sure on the advice but they were tech support Who knows

blazer

blazer

Kinda crazy they say that always best to pump down so you loose no charge especially a 1 ton such a small charge so when you loose what's in the lines It could be substantial Amount of the charge, and when you loose some of the charge of 410a you would be wise to dump it and recharge a full charge which can get pricey, but hard to pump down with out gauges properly It's guess work with out gauges
Not sure about the line set holding a charge have not worked with pre charged lines the one I've seen for mobile homes they puncture as soon as installed so when you disconnect the are open to atmosphere, sorry if sounds complicated but refrigeration needs certain steps to keep system clean and moisture free, when you reconnect lines unit will need to be evacuated( vacuum pulled) this to pull out any contiminants which can cause havoc in your system

G

Growops

ok well the gauges would be a handy tool to own . looks complicated but I can learn . would these gauges be the right ones ?

and something like this to vac out after use ? the install process was fun id like to install a better unit in the future . I've always wanted a mitzu mini split. thanks for your time blazer

blazer

blazer

Yup looks like a decent price to even has fittings to connect to automotive A/C also, that will work @Growops

Some mini split systems if not all 410a systems use an r410a adapter to connect the gauges to the service port Which should be 5/16 to 1/4 adapter

G

Growops

And these are the fittings that seal in the gas if i disconnect . They are calling them quick connect fittings . I understand most techs don't work with this pre charged crap also . Thx for the tips

blazer

blazer

And these are the fittings that seal in the gas if i disconnect . They are calling them quick connect fittings . I understand most techs don't work with this pre charged crap also . Thx for the tips
Sweet that would make things much more easier if they hold the charge, then no need for The pump down and evacuation

Top Bottom