Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

Last year I got an ideal air 24k 13 seer for my 4k watt room. Its not able to bring temps below 85.

I'm looking at the Friedrich 18 seer. What is your opinion on the unit @CannabisJohn ?

You've been recommending Mr slims for a long time, are those precharged quick connect so I can set it up myself?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Last year I got an ideal air 24k 13 seer for my 4k watt room. Its not able to bring temps below 85.

I'm looking at the Friedrich 18 seer. What is your opinion on the unit @CannabisJohn ?

You've been recommending Mr slims for a long time, are those precharged quick connect so I can set it up myself?

None of the precharged quick connect units are worth a shit. Friedrich is good from what little I worked with it. All good units require a pro install or at least someone with proper tools and knowledge

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

ktidy
I don't see why wrapping it tightly would be any different than wrapping the ducting (using a duct sleeve) and sealing it from any outside air. if its a fully wrapped (1 piece) and taped securely on both ends, that would make a 100% seal inside the insulation wrap. so theres no way for the ambient air to come in contact with the a/c ducting and no way for condensation to accumulate on ducting.

no?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

What is the proper sized air conditioner for 6 t5s? I have an 8 inch max fan and a 9000btu. It's just not cutting it.

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

then that would be considered tight, air tight is the trick, and yes as long as air can get to the cold surface your good, but if the insulation is to thin it could still condense moisture in the right conditions.

F

FooDoo

None of the precharged quick connect units are worth a shit. Friedrich is good from what little I worked with it. All good units require a pro install or at least someone with proper tools and knowledge

So you don't think this unit would work well?

Friedrich BR1224W3A

F

FooDoo

I didn't say that. I said it's not a self install without proper tools and training. The few brands that are self install without any special tools are junk is what I said.

I know, is the one in the link junk? It is a self.install but i don't want to assume.immediately its junk unless you say it is

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
My experiance has been, the units are only as good as the install. I have seen high dollar Mitsubishi mini splits poorly installed failed before the cheap unit that was installed correctly.
Just my 2 cents. I'm not an installer just a service tech like ktidyfarms.

F

FooDoo

My experiance has been, the units are only as good as the install. I have seen high dollar Mitsubishi mini splits poorly installed failed before the cheap unit that was installed correctly.
Just my 2 cents. I'm not an installer just a service tech like ktidyfarms.

OK, OK... Message received lol. Looks like I'll be getting a Mr slim and having to hunt down a tech that's trustworthy enough to bring around the work place. Nothing in life is ever easy! :)

Thanks for the reply tho

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

OK, OK... Message received lol. Looks like I'll be getting a Mr slim and having to hunt down a tech that's trustworthy enough to bring around the work place. Nothing in life is ever easy! :)

Thanks for the reply tho

Friedrich is a good brand. Never seen or installed that unit. My problem with self install units is the installer ( the grower) and the brand. I'm not trying to be a dick but get a pro no matter what brand u get. Get a high seer unit. Mr Slim has the best factory warranty.

D

DawnGreg

What do you think about this unit for a 4k sealed room ?
does anyone know anything about this unit ?

F

FooDoo

What do you think about this unit for a 4k sealed room ?
does anyone know anything about this unit ?

That's the one that's always recommended in this thread. Its the one I plan on buying but from the little bit of research I did I think the line set is sold separately for it. Also, I don't think it has night/ day temperature settings like the Friedrich breeze I was looking at.

It sucks because the Friedrich is 1,900 shipped with precharged line set and quick connect fittings but I was steered away from it and the Mr slim is 2100 + shipping + line set + expense of having a pro install it. And it doesn't have the option to set different temps for night and day . found myself in a pickle

D

DawnGreg

It does come with the line set...and does have a night time seeting also

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

It should have a night time set back via the timer function, linesets normally are not included unless the company that's distributing decides to add it but it wont be pre charged. If you want to know everything there is to know about Mitsubishi go to website mylinkdrive.com and chose the flag from what ever country you may be from and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about that brand. I think Mitsubishi and Daikin are the 2 best brands but the others will work fine as long as you install them properly and are sized right, make sure you have all the options you want. My opinion only, is that seer ratings are more of a sales gimmick than very practical. I'm sure i'll catch some hell for that but that's how I feel, I could go into a very long story to say why but I basically don't think its a big deal.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

That's the one that's always recommended in this thread. Its the one I plan on buying but from the little bit of research I did I think the line set is sold separately for it. Also, I don't think it has night/ day temperature settings like the Friedrich breeze I was looking at.

It sucks because the Friedrich is 1,900 shipped with precharged line set and quick connect fittings but I was steered away from it and the Mr slim is 2100 + shipping + line set + expense of having a pro install it. And it doesn't have the option to set different temps for night and day . found myself in a pickle

After being in 50+ rooms to do well over 100 unit installs, I find that almost no one needs night setpoints. The reason why is that in order to maintain a proper canopy temp with lights on require the unit to be set lower than canopy temp. For instance to maintain a 78F canopy you may have to set a/c at 72-74F. So when the lights go out the room (canopy) temps go to a/c setpoint and most growers are more than happy with that. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom