Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markos11

Just got my 27,ooo BTU mitsubishi mr. slim minisplit.
I have zero hvac experience and don't know how to pressure or purge the system before use. Any one do it themselves. What is the name of the tool/meter i need to get my system going.
I'm sooo f'ing anxious to get this thing going!!!!!

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Just got my 27,ooo BTU mitsubishi mr. slim minisplit.
I have zero hvac experience and don't know how to pressure or purge the system before use. Any one do it themselves. What is the name of the tool/meter i need to get my system going.
I'm sooo f'ing anxious to get this thing going!!!!!

Hate to say it but get a professional. You need experience to install properly and about $600 worth of equipment. Otherwise you unit may not work properly and definitely your warranty is void. Sorry for the bad news.

M

markos11

C. John.
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that it was going to come down to finding a professional. Security is a high priority to me and I have no amigos in the hvac biz.
So I guess my two options at this point are throw the dice and hope I get a solid honest hvac tech or scrap the whole co2 sealed route.
I would totally hit you up if I was in s. cal
If your ever in nor cal let me know.

HighLife 45

HighLife 45

I am in a new room. I have a 27ooobut (kemoore) window unit and a 18k (mr slim) minisplit in my flip flop with 9 600's and 4 1ks.

I fired up the 4 1ks and 1 6oo to test the waters before we put the girls in and the air seemed pretty warm it was 77 degrees with both ac's on full cooling....

Should I be worried about this?

I am thinking about buying a 3ton mini split from acwholesalers to relpace the window unit.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I am in a new room. I have a 27ooobut (kemoore) window unit and a 18k (mr slim) minisplit in my flip flop with 9 600's and 4 1ks.

I fired up the 4 1ks and 1 6oo to test the waters before we put the girls in and the air seemed pretty warm it was 77 degrees with both ac's on full cooling....

Should I be worried about this?

I am thinking about buying a 3ton mini split from acwholesalers to relpace the window unit.

If you are running CO2 then 80-82F at plant tops with lights on is acceptable. If your lights are unvented then I would recommend 55k btus/hr total for cooling. So you are about 10k short IMO.

HighLife 45

HighLife 45

Thanks CJ! I did the math at 4btu per a watt and thought I was in the clear.

9400w x 4BTU = 37600 btus. It looks like you did the math at 5btu per watt.

All the bulbs are bare and unvented.

I am very limited on amperage or I would get two 3ton minsplits.

I have a chiller thats not being used and I am thinking about getting 2-4 Icebox's going.

Any thoughts?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks CJ! I did the math at 4btu per a watt and thought I was in the clear.

9400w x 4BTU = 37600 btus. It looks like you did the math at 5btu per watt.

All the bulbs are bare and unvented.

I am very limited on amperage or I would get two 3ton minsplits.

I have a chiller thats not being used and I am thinking about getting 2-4 Icebox's going.

Any thoughts?

Actually used 6k/kw. Rather be a little oversized than under. As long as the chiller is outside the room I say use it.

G

Growops

hey does anyone have any bad things to say about LG window units from home depot?in canada at mine theyre 379$ im looking at getting the 10k btu unit for my first run at sealed a room . runing one bare 1000w nd a 2 burner co2 burner un ventend. thnaks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hey CJ I have a question about window units I used to run portable dual hose ac in my tent and I know that when the compressed kicked in that exhaust was stinking I read that window ac in a tent are better but my case is that I spend the coin for a 25,000 kenmore ac have a 10x10 tent running 3 1000 watt bare bulb and 1 600 watt bare bulb also I cools fine but it also stinks what is your advise besides getting a mini split as of now cause I am in a apartment thanks

G

Growops

Hi jonny I was in the same dilemma . But it was before I tried . I have my tent with window ac in a room . I ran a test with burning incease with in my tent with ac on . It smelt abit therefore I changed my plan , I'm now planning on putting ac in window , tent in room . Then the room with act as a lung for the tent . With fan nd carbon filter inside tent recirculating 24/7. Co2 light on . I've never used co2 I'm excited hope I helped u :)

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hi jonny I was in the same dilemma . But it was before I tried . I have my tent with window ac in a room . I ran a test with burning incease with in my tent with ac on . It smelt abit therefore I changed my plan , I'm now planning on putting ac in window , tent in room . Then the room with act as a lung for the tent . With fan nd carbon filter inside tent recirculating 24/7. Co2 light on . I've never used co2 I'm excited hope I helped u :)

Thanks Growops for commenting let me get what your saying your ac is mounted in the window like it was made to do exhaust sticking outside. And tent inside the room where the window ac is. Your scrubbing the inside of your tent ith fan and carbon filter. How are you cooling the inside of your tent and when you say lung? What's that exactly thanks

G

Growops

the tent is with in a room , outside of the tent is cooled co2 filled air . with a fan and filter sucking air from the tent back into room on a countinuis loop. your scubbing the air removing odour nd your bringing in constant cool co2 filled air . in my case my tent is 5x5 within an 8x10(estiamte ) room . but having the correct cfm for your fan size is important . i dont know the math , but i bet cj will be here to help soon

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Those dual-hose ACs sold by growshops are not really sealed and will suck smell from your room. They are also sucking out air that was just cooled (negative pressure). The 'non-sealed' portables suck even worse.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

the tent is with in a room , outside of the tent is cooled co2 filled air . with a fan and filter sucking air from the tent back into room on a countinuis loop. your scubbing the air removing odour nd your bringing in constant cool co2 filled air . in my case my tent is 5x5 within an 8x10(estiamte ) room . but having the correct cfm for your fan size is important . i dont know the math , but i bet cj will be here to help soon

Actually I don't know the math. But if you determine the number of air changes per hour in your tent you would like then the math is easy. Assume 10 air changes per hour and 6 ft high on your tent then that equals a 150 cubic foot area to clear air from once every 6 minutes would require only a 25 cfm fan. But again I don't know exact numbers.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
As we approach the warmer months, I'd like to turn over my cooling needs to the farm for a solution. I have a 4x4 w 2 600s in a single hood cooled by a 6" active air inline, and the tent itself is has another 6" inline pulling air through a scrubber. Adjacent is a 4x6 with flourescents for moms that is simply ventilated by an inline pulling air through a scrubber. During summer months cooling is not an issue simply because the ambient air in the room is pretty cool. How would you suggest keeping this cool? A window unit is not an option. I have a solution in mind, but I'd like to see what others think. Many thanks.

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

As we approach the warmer months, I'd like to turn over my cooling needs to the farm for a solution. I have a 4x4 w 2 600s in a single hood cooled by a 6" active air inline, and the tent itself is has another 6" inline pulling air through a scrubber. Adjacent is a 4x6 with flourescents for moms that is simply ventilated by an inline pulling air through a scrubber. During summer months cooling is not an issue simply because the ambient air in the room is pretty cool. How would you suggest keeping this cool? A window unit is not an option. I have a solution in mind, but I'd like to see what others think. Many thanks.

outwest
Maybe a portable? Haha, check out a brand called SPT if you have to, they advertise their design has no "negative pressure".

You must've meant winter in the 4th sentence? So not possible to just cool the room the tents are in?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yes, I did mean winter. :cool:

I checked out SPT. What is meant by 'no negative pressure'? Yes I can just cool the room the tents are in, but a window unit is not an option. Are there any specific models you would suggest for my use? I currently humidify the whole room and it works quite well for the tents.

Thanks, EC.

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Means the intake for the compressor side is separate from the room air getting cooled. I haven't had one apart, so not sure just how 'sealed' the SPT models are, but I'm very familiar with several crappy brands of the sucking style. Did I mention Whytner yet? Heard good things about those too but haven't seen one nor know if it sucks (negative press) or not.

Where ya gonna dump your exhaust?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Didn't we talk about this already? Or maybe that was the old thread, have you seen one in person? This makes me suspiscious: "It automatically evaporates condensation and safely removes it through the exhaust, so you won’t have to install a drain or constantly empty a water tank". You should grab one and test it out for us! First thing to look for are the intake ports for both systems, but kind of hard to tell without pulling them apart..

You can still box up a small window unit diy with exhaust fan for condenser heat. Maybe more hassle than necessary for your setup though.

Top Bottom