Grow Room design-RDWC questions and ideas

• Thread starter Cool_Beans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I have a golden retriever if you can imagine..At least it's too warm in her for her tastes lol. Bottom right is def a hair, I thought the other was too but was surprised to find it hooked in when I poked at it.

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

I ordered some white widow and bubba kush seeds from north atlantic here in ME. Looking at all these names of strains sometimes makes me feel like the guy in Starbucks that just wants a large hot coffee. The clones are doing good but depending how I feel about them when the soil grow is done, I may start from scratch to give my complete process a shakedown.

ninjadip

ninjadip

this venturi talk piqued my curiousity

i found this product that has data showing the increased DO levels using their venturi,
@Moe.Red what's your opinion on this product?

infusinator
infusinator2.jpg

compare_gif2.gif

all.jpg

Oxygen levels at 0, 3, 7, and 11 feet away (0, 0.9, 2.1, and 3.4 meters)

Huge increase in DO

After looking at a lof of the other models out there I think there is validity to the following statement:

The majority of off-the-shelf Venturi nozzles are not designed for injecting air into the water stream. Typically they are used to add liquid compounds like fertilizer or soap.

This Venturi nozzle is designed for one specific task: To efficiently add air into the water. Instead of a single point of air entry into the water stream, this new design offers multiple entry points, allowing the nozzle to maximize the Bernoulli principle to inject air into the water stream.

I ordered one to add to my system

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

The ones I played around with worked well but the issue I ran into was these magnetic aquarium pumps shit the bed hard with relatively little back pressure. I started looking into continuous duty diaphragm pumps that could deliver more line pressure, but shelved it for another day.

ninjadip

ninjadip

The ones I played around with worked well but the issue I ran into was these magnetic aquarium pumps shit the bed hard with relatively little back pressure. I started looking into continuous duty diaphragm pumps that could deliver more line pressure, but shelved it for another day.
You are talking about your air pump? it broke?

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

No, the magnetic impeller water pumps struggle with maintaining the line pressure needed to make the venturi put out that volume of bubbles. At least the 700gph and 240gph I had to play with did.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

this venturi talk piqued my curiousity

i found this product that has data showing the increased DO levels using their venturi,
@Moe.Red what's your opinion on this product?

infusinator
infusinator2.jpg

compare_gif2.gif

all.jpg

Oxygen levels at 0, 3, 7, and 11 feet away (0, 0.9, 2.1, and 3.4 meters)

Huge increase in DO

After looking at a lof of the other models out there I think there is validity to the following statement:

I ordered one to add to my system
I can not make heads or tails of that chart. The scales are wrong. From a pure engineering standpoint, this is marketing BS and I cannot say if it will work or not.

Looks great. Has zero meaning.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I can not make heads or tails of that chart. The scales are wrong. From a pure engineering standpoint, this is marketing BS and I cannot say if it will work or not.

Looks great. Has zero meaning.
the time in the middle is when the venturi is on, showing increased DO.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

the time in the middle is when the venturi is on, showing increased DO.
OK.

Increased to what. From what. % of what? Where is zero?

Again, that chart can only be used for sales. If this were mG/L, we could get data off it.

I'll try to explain here, but you are not gonna want to hear this.

Lets say 8 mG/L is "zero" meaning that is what water will happily sit at with no venturi at sea level.

Let's say that they think 9mG/L represents 100%.

Overlay 8mG/L over the bottom where they are starting at 35%.
Overlay 9mG/L over the top where they are at 80%

The jump from 35% t0 70% is relatively insignificant, but looks huge because of where they set the limits, and the scale they chose.

This is marketing 101. They know what they are doing. Again, their scales are meaningless.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK.

Increased to what. From what. % of what? Where is zero?

Again, that chart can only be used for sales. If this were mG/L, we could get data off it.

I'll try to explain here, but you are not gonna want to hear this.

Lets say 8 mG/L is "zero" meaning that is what water will happily sit at with no venturi at sea level.

Let's say that they think 9mG/L represents 100%.

Overlay 8mG/L over the bottom where they are starting at 35%.
Overlay 9mG/L over the top where they are at 80%

The jump from 35% t0 70% is relatively insignificant, but looks huge because of where they set the limits, and the scale they chose.

This is marketing 101. They know what they are doing. Again, their scales are meaningless.
One more thing FWIW, I'm seeing 300 - 400% increases in my system. That's real numbers based on PPM of O2 with limits set at 0PPM to start with.

steamroller

steamroller

Look into Hagen/Aquaclear power heads for aquariums.
They last years even with back pressure.
Been a fish guy most of my life.
I got the pump things down. 💪 💪

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

One more thing FWIW, I'm seeing 300 - 400% increases in my system. That's real numbers based on PPM of O2 with limits set at 0PPM to start with.
If your getting 300 % increase is that based on 8mg/l being 0?

And do you consider 8 mg/l as normal DO in plain water.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If your getting 300 % increase is that based on 8mg/l being 0?

And do you consider 8 mg/l as normal DO in plain water.
Ah, shit, here we go. I need to learn to keep my thoughts to myself.

Forgive me for being a tiny bit cagey, but I'm under non-disclosure on some of this stuff.

No, zero is zero on my scale. So H20, devoid of trapped O2 will be zero = 0PPM = 0mG/L.

8mG/L is approx what you will get under standard atmospheric pressure at sea level in plain water at the surface.

300% would mean 24mG/L. This is not possible to achieve with air stones or venturi using normal atmospheric O2.

For more info search Henry's Law

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Forgive me for being a tiny bit cagey, but I'm under non-disclosure on some of this stuff.

No, zero is zero on my scale. So H20, devoid of trapped O2 will be zero = 0PPM = 0mG/L.

8mG/L is approx what you will get under standard atmospheric pressure at sea level in plain water at the surface.

300% would mean 24mG/L. This is not possible to achieve with air stones or venturi using normal atmospheric O2.

My math is the same as yours, thats why i asked.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry man few months and they will be ready… providing no more curve balls 🤞… then we can spill all the beans

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

What's weird is I've never been a cat person, but for some reason I've been his #1 dude since the day we got him. Like my shadow. The dog hates weed so she wants no part of my escapades in the basement.

Top Bottom