Growing in 3rd World Conditions (Cuba) att #2

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zerberus

Zerberus

Your logic is very solid. You get a lot of hurricanes?
Yeah this country gets hit annually, last year around September, Pinar Del Río got hit by Cat-3 hurricane and there was no electricity for 17 days, so imagine what a major cat4 or 5 would do. We already got hit this year by a Cat 1, been lucky so far. But it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially after all the effort that has already been put into growing these two plants. So I'm at the point where there's no backing down, if I fail I will try and try again, until I succeed and I will get everything I need to be able to reach that finish line.

Zerberus

Zerberus

So sadly the rolling black outs are getting out hand here, now everyday there's at least 8 hours without electricity, sometimes even more, I'm worried it might trigger flowering before the solar panels arrive.

To make things worse now the big plant is also presenting the same deficiencies as the smaller, it's new growth is slightly yellowish.

I don't know what to do, I'm at a loss.

IMG 20230913 181041
IMG 20230913 181045
IMG 20230913 181139

They don't look terrible, I know they will pull through, I just would love for them to be perfect so that I can have a proper feeding/watering baseline for the next grow... Right now I'm honestly just winging it with what I have... I did notice today that my larger plant is drinking considerably more water... They are both getting about 1 liter of water per 3-4 days depending on humidity levels. Today the larger plant took in about 1.3 liters of water. So about 33% more, then again it is much bigger than the other one.

T

THEBRO

So sadly the rolling black outs are getting out hand here, now everyday there's at least 8 hours without electricity, sometimes even more, I'm worried it might trigger flowering before the solar panels arrive.

To make things worse now the big plant is also presenting the same deficiencies as the smaller, it's new growth is slightly yellowish.

I don't know what to do, I'm at a loss.

View attachment 2040226View attachment 2040227View attachment 2040228

They don't look terrible, I know they will pull through, I just would love for them to be perfect so that I can have a proper feeding/watering baseline for the next grow... Right now I'm honestly just winging it with what I have... I did notice today that my larger plant is drinking considerably more water... They are both getting about 1 liter of water per 3-4 days depending on humidity levels. Today the larger plant took in about 1.3 liters of water. So about 33% more, then again it is much bigger than the other one.
Sulfur and u will be good and don't worry for the light missing hours , she's ok a least not happening in late flowers cicle.

T

THEBRO

Hi everyone, this will be second attempt to growing in Cuba, last time one of my dogs ate the plant at around 45 days old 😂, but this time I have a little ghetto setup. I'm going to be growing inside one of the sections of the closet in my room, it's a 30" x 30" and it's about 6 feet in height. I put in a Vipar Spectra V1000 (2023) with the new diodes, I will wrap it later down the road with panda film, and I'll put in all the bells in whistles little by little. This is the "grow room" for now...View attachment 2003718

I germinatd 2 Black Domina they are feminized photoperiods. They both sprouted from the soil today, the soil I'm using has been flushed for the last two months with rain water only and LAB.

The soil is just natural soil found around wooded green areas here in the island, it has about a 30% mix of rice hulls, and 10% mix of broken down styrofoam bits with some small bits of wood chips.

These are both the plants now....

DAY #1

View attachment 2003721View attachment 2003723

I'm super excited to see this grow progress... Some details about the lighting setup. It's currently at 75%, 26 inches up, it's whats recommended by the manufacturer for the seedling stage.

I went directly and planted into bigger containers this time, I don't want to have to transplant until it's well into the vegetative stage and the roots have fully developed because the soil is not perfect and it's still clunky, so I want it to grow without interrupting it or stressing it out.

For nutes I will be using the General Hydroponic Flora Series 3 bottle kits sold on Amazon, I'll be using my own home made CalMag, I'll also be using Hydrolyzed Fish food for the plants.

Hope everything goes well this time, I will be keeping the door locked so that my dogs don't eat it this time 😂 wish me luck and all advise and productive criticism is welcome. I'm here to learn, better myself and my grow skills along the way and with a lot of luck get really high in the end 🤞🏻
Saludos parcero que vola pana mio

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hi guys I know it's been a while since my last post, my old phone broke and I had to get a new one and forgot the login to this page but I'm back, to bring everyone to speed, solar panels are still not here, rolling black outs are hurting the plants, it's just a pain in the ass. But they are as well as they can be, this is them yesterday.

I tied down and bent some other branches since they are growing up a little too quickly. I'm kinda scared that the rolling black outs will trigger flowering, usually black outs are lasting 8-10hours a day but in intervals of 4/5 hours.

IMG 20230929 183036
IMG 20230929 183103
IMG 20230929 183050

rasterman

rasterman

Hi guys I know it's been a while since my last post, my old phone broke and I had to get a new one and forgot the login to this page but I'm back, to bring everyone to speed, solar panels are still not here, rolling black outs are hurting the plants, it's just a pain in the ass. But they are as well as they can be, this is them yesterday.

I tied down and bent some other branches since they are growing up a little too quickly. I'm kinda scared that the rolling black outs will trigger flowering, usually black outs are lasting 8-10hours a day but in intervals of 4/5 hours.

View attachment 2051260View attachment 2051261View attachment 2051262
I was thinking of what I would do in the rolling blackout situation like the ones we'll be experiencing here before long. 🤣

I really like my ladies to have a night, but you could put them on a 21/3 schedule and the blackouts probably wouldn't push them into flower. If you're expecting blackouts every day, you could just leave the light on.

This weekend in my veg shed I was checking my light timer and noticed I left it in bypass the last time I messed with it. That was weeks ago.. . They're sleeping at night again....

They're getting really bushy! I can't wait to see how they look in flower.

Zerberus

Zerberus

I was thinking of what I would do in the rolling blackout situation like the ones we'll be experiencing here before long. 🤣

I really like my ladies to have a night, but you could put them on a 21/3 schedule and the blackouts probably wouldn't push them into flower. If you're expecting blackouts every day, you could just leave the light on.

This weekend in my veg shed I was checking my light timer and noticed I left it in bypass the last time I messed with it. That was weeks ago.. . They're sleeping at night again....

They're getting really bushy! I can't wait to see how they look in flower.
Yea I opted to just leave the light on 24 hours since the rolling black outs started and everyday there's a blackout so, I'm just worried that at some point the blackouts will trump over the 10-12 hour total during the day.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Or rechargeable, electric lantern or flashlights! You don’t need a whole lot of light intensity.

Zerberus

Zerberus

What about a window during the blackout?
Or rechargeable, electric lantern or flashlights! You don’t need a whole lot of light intensity.

Can't go back and forth, I work at an NGO office and if I start leaving every couple of hours just to do that it's going to get noticed and look bad on my work ethic, just gonna have to pray and hope for the best at this point

P

Putthataway

Can't go back and forth, I work at an NGO office and if I start leaving every couple of hours just to do that it's going to get noticed and look bad on my work ethic, just gonna have to pray and hope for the best at this point
You could just leave flashlight on in case shit.

rasterman

rasterman

Yea I opted to just leave the light on 24 hours since the rolling black outs started and everyday there's a blackout so, I'm just worried that at some point the blackouts will trump over the 10-12 hour total during the day.
One day won't matter. You need several days to start triggering the plant normally, though sometimes they can probably trigger faster.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hey guys, sorry for being lost a few days just been really hectic, one of my plants is really taking a beating right now Its falling behind badly compared to the other one, and since I have to keep raising the light for the bigger one this one is getting less and less light. Bottom growth is yellowing constantly, every few days 3-4 leaves yellow out completely..

Any suggestions for this plant?

IMG 20231017 190919

On the other hand the bigger one seems to be doing ok, at least not as bad as the smaller plant, this one still gets a few yellow leaves in the bottom but I think it's just that light can't penetrate...

What do you guys think should I do some cropping and trimming to make the light penetrate better on both plants?

IMG 20231017 190839

I honestly have no clue what to do to help the plants, should I get another light?

Top Bottom